Search results

1. M

GMC Basketball 2019-2020

Middletown basketball... historically they have had some great basketball players, and some great football players playing basketball, and had lots of postseason success. It doesnt seem like too long ago they played Fairfield for a regional final. It does though seem like not long ago keeps...
  2. M

Middletown MLK Classic

How good is Middletown going to be this year?
  3. M

Division I State Semifinal: Elder (11-2) vs. Springfield (12-1)

I went to Springfield vs Fairfield in week 1. When i watched Springfield I saw a team very capable of winning it all if they improved each week like the great teams do. You could see the potential of them even though they didnt win. If they play excellent pass defense they will give themselves a...
  4. M

Division I State Semifinal: Mentor (13-0) vs. Pickerington Central (12-1)

Wow, i don't think anyone chokes in a state final or semifinal, the teams are just so good. Like when I thought Colerain was so doninant last year, and they got beat, St Eds just did a wonderful job of stopping the option and Colerain didnt hit a few big passes deep like they usually do. Like...
  5. M

Roll Call of Basketball Fans

Im going to root for West Carrollton. Seems like their football and basketball has struggled for decades. When I had to find a new NFL team after 28 years of ineptitude by Mike Brown, I chose the Redskins as they are almost as dysfunctional and i wouldnt have to go through much change. So im...
  6. M

GMC Basketball 2019-2020

Middletown - question about their coach? Didnt he win D2 state titles before? I dont really follow basketball like i do football so just curious, or maybe they changed coaches and I didnt hear about it?
  7. M

2019 Ohio High School Football Broadcast Schedule (Week 14 - Playoffs)

will the Mentor game be available live on ohsaa.tv for $10?
  8. M

Division I State Semifinal: Mentor (13-0) vs. Pickerington Central (12-1)

When the old Crosstown Showdown at UC used to have 4 games, with the large D1 teams, I remember Pickerington Central coming down to play Elder and Colerain. Is their same coach there who coached those teams? They were always really good and I always assumed either them or Hilliard Davidson...
  9. M

Division I - Region 4 Championship: Colerain (11-1) vs. Elder (10-2)

I think both coaches and teams did great. In great games like this unfortunately someone has to lose. Depth may finally have caught up to Colerain. I think both teams proved people wrong and Elder has a real chance to keep winning.
  10. M

Division I - Region 4 Championship: Colerain (11-1) vs. Elder (10-2)

These new Colerain coaches are pretty awesomex love what theure doing on offense. A little Power I, mixing it up, misdirection, its so refreshing seeing coaches not be so stubborn to their system, stifling innovation, and not thinking kids can do more than 1 system/set really well. I know its...
  11. M

2019 GMC Football

I am not in the camp that Elder is going to cruise Friday. This is the BEST offensive coordinator Colerain has ever had. Really hurts losing their star running back who also played D but they are so much harder to defend now than in week 13s of years past. And the defense, while small and maybe...
  12. M

Does Colerain have a chance to run deep into playoffs without Tom Bolden at the helm?

Colerain had a really nice touchdown pass in the first half to take the lead. And that Fairfield D was top of the GCL good, as was the Fairfield running game. Elder is going to see the fastest D they've seen all year. Not a Colerain fan, but what I saw last night was Fairfield getting 4 and 5...
  13. M

2019 GMC Football

Forgot about that Fairfield team who went to the Pit and had a very real chance to win due to having a real passing game. Just think if this years Fairfield team had the same passing plays in the playbook. Sycamore almost made a final 4 as well with Bonnet at running back, but again that team...
  14. M

OHSAA - Enough with Mason!

What is better between Princeton and Mason? Serious question too, I think they are both awesome places, plenty of parking and seating. Princeton is a little closer to the 2 west side teams in the regional finals, seems like two great options
  15. M

2019 GMC Football

Thank you! Nobody else agrees with me But whatx historically, do these teams have in common: Wayne, Moeller, Elder, St X, Pick Central have? They all usually have a QB who is very capable of passing for 150-200+ yards in a game if he has to. Tonight, Colerain absolutely was not going to...
  16. M

2019 GMC Football

The only teams to ever beat Colerain except.maybe 1 loss to Hilliard Davidson are teams who can pass, like GCL quality/ HH Wayne quality passing game. At what point will a GMC coach develop a passing game, or all they all just satisfied to finish 2nd and get to a hopeful 2nd round playoff game...
  17. M

2019 GMC Football

I've said it in years past. Other than Colerain, since Mike Daniels Princeton team, and Watkins at Middletown, has the GMC had a quarterback who could put a team on his back and win a game in the air? It is simply amazing to me that the GMC has lacked high end talent in passing the ball. St X...
  18. M

Win or Lose: Is 2019 already a success for the Colerain Cardinals?

Not much to worry about this week Colerain fans. Fairfield emptied the tank 2 weeks ago and is too stubborn to their system to do what they need to win. They wont go under center in goal line because it isnt cool. Colerain by 2 scores.
  19. M

2019 GMC Football

Why was the Pit half full? What has happened at Elder? They have a team very capable of making the Final 4 and a state final, why would they not have more fans in what I thought usually filled up, at least 90% for big games?
  20. M

Moeller coach resigns

If Hue Jackson doesnt have interest, what about Moeller graduate David Wirth? I think he was successful at Badin and CovCath. If he would take it I would imagine he would stay for the long haul?