Search results

1. B

Andy Barba transferring from Benedictine to ISA

It was announced via Twitter that Senior to be Andy Barba (Miami,Oh commit) is transferring from Benedictine to ISA (Andrew Osborne). This appears to be a real headshaker. Barba is one of the Bengal leaders and already has a college scholarship in hand, so the question is why leave. Benedictine...
  2. B

Meechie Johnson tears ACL

Word out of Garfield Heights is that star sophomore Meechie Johnson has torn his ACL. While many people (like me) may not agree with the way Sonny Johnson does things all the time with his program - this is horrible news. Meechie is a special player and you never want to see any kid let alone...
  3. B

Surprises and Headshakers

As the season winds down and the post season is about to start what were the teams that surprised you and what teams have left you shaking your head. Surprise: Mentor - the Cards are always solid but I don't think people (even Mentor fans) saw this coming. Many thought next year would be their...
  4. B

Ed's vs Spire Academy 1/26

Today St. Edward gets to take its shot at Spire in the friendly confines of the Eagles Nest. So far Spire has had it's way with Bay, Garfield, SVSM and Brush. Will the huge home court advantage be enough to overcome the talent difference. Game is sold out to the public. Sent from my SM-G955U...
  5. B

Brush vs Spire 1/15

Tonight highly rated and unbeaten Brush steps up and plays unbeaten Spire Academy. So far the 3 area schools (Garfield Heights, SVSM and Bay) have not done very well. Any predictions on the game ? and does Brush have enough to hang a L on Ball and Co ? Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport...
  6. B

Kirtland Football

The word going around NE Ohio is that Kirtland is LOADED. They went 9-0 in a recent 7 on 7 that included teams like Euclid, Hudson and other much larger teams. Then they went PA and went unbeaten again. People were saying that is great - but it's only 7 on 7. This week they scrimmaged Mayfield...
  7. B

Gaffney Committed to Ohio State

Ohio State basketball continues to make positive waves by signing the top junior in Ohio Alonzo Gaffney. That is a huge score for the Buckeyes who have made it a habit to let top in state talent leave Ohio. Maybe Zo committing early will sway other top Ohioians to consider the Buckeyes. This is...
  8. B

Beachwood Job Open: Jon Mannarino resigns.

It's being reported that the Beachwood head basketball job is open as Jon Mannarino's leave of absence is now a resignation. It's being reported he was an administration leave of absence which is why he did not coach in the postseason. The reason is the blanket statement you always hear "wants...
  9. B

Top 10 in NE Ohio - Fan Poll

I know many people have seen the top teams in NE Ohio play and many attended the D4D tournament. How would you (the fan) rank the area squads. These are my picks and I'm sure it will vary with other posters. 1 Ed's 2 Solon 3 CCC 4 Shaker Heights 5 Brush 6 CCA 7 Brunswick 8 Garfield Heights 9...
  10. B

Garfield Heights - State Championship favorite, NO SO FAST

Last week when Garfield Heights blew out lowly Cleveland JFK people on Twitter were blowing up saying to just give them the trophy. Since than they have beat a bad Shaw team, a good Benedictine team and a bad Euclid team. Here is the interesting thing. Benedictine is a solid squad and they only...
  11. B

Meechie Johnson Scores 50 @ Benedictine

I was not at the game but Twitter was blowing up that freshman Meechie Johnson from Garfield Heights laid 50 on the Bengals tonight. The game was played at Benedictine. Was anybody there that could give a recap ?
  12. B

VASJ vs SVSM

Got to see a pretty entertaining game tonight in Viking Village against the defending D2 and D3 State Champions. The crowd was not as big as last weeks beatdown of rival Euclid - but it was animated. Both schools had pretty good banter between student sections but the real action was on the...
  13. B

VASJ vs Euclid - Season Opener

Tickets for the Viking home opener against crosstown rival Euclid are on sale in the VASJ principal office during school hours. This is expected to be a sell out. There will be a ton of great games in NE Ohio this year but no opener better than this one.
  14. B

Euclid Head Coach Jeff Rotsky Is A Maniac

I attended the Euclid vs Elyria game on Friday at Euclid. The Panthers played well and totally out manned the Pioneers. What does however surprise me is how anybody works for, coaches with or plays for Coach Jeff Rotsky. He was yelling, screaming, and in the face of somebody on every single play...
  15. B

TJ Kwasniak to Euclid ?

I was speaking to some teachers this week from Euclid High School who told me TJ Kwasniak has interviewed for and has possibly been offered the head coaching job. The word is AD Higley wants to name a replacement at some point in early May.
  16. B

Garretsville Garfield player Ryan Brown injured in VASJ game.

Last night a talented young man Ryan Brown was injured trying to prevent a fast break dunk by VASJs Alonzo Gaffney. I know a lot of conversation and trash talking takes place on this site (and I'm as guilty as anyone) but none of that matters when you see a kid get hurt. Seeing the concern on...
  17. B

Lack of Competitive Balance or Lack of Quality Competition ?

I was reading a post earlier in the week from possibly IRISH600 who made the above statement and it really hit home because I have been saying the exact same thing for years. Being a supporter of a successfull program (VASJ) like I am, I get tired of hearing about how things are unfair every...
  18. B

NCL White Division Champiinship Game: VASJ beats CCC 61-55

Tonight was a game that was basically the NCL White Division championship game @ Cleveland Central Catholic. The game included everything you have come to expect from at game played there. - thuggery, technical fouls, athletic plays and fan ejections. The night started by CCC having several...
  19. B

VASJ vs St. Thomas - 1/24/17

The Knights traveled to VASJ for the two teams first meeting since the Vikings beat STA in the Canton D3 regional final. This was a good measuring stick for the two squads to see what each other lost or gained in the offseason. I know Viking Village was wondering how good STA would be after...
  20. B

Quinton Dove loses Rider offer - attending Tri-C

The word is that former VASJ / Euclid forward Quinton Dove had his scholarship offer from Rider University pulled and is now attending Tri-C. The word from Euclid officials is that after he got his offer he started blowing off classes, homework and even a final. The recruiter found this out...