Search results

1. R

Travel restrictions, etc., etc.!!!

I'll take "things that definitely didn't happen" for $400, Alex.
  2. R

OHSAA does not allow kids to play 7on7

I know I've used this adapted movie quote on here before but... Stop trying to make spring football in Ohio happen. It's not going to happen!
  3. R

OHSAA does not allow kids to play 7on7

Ok, so schools should massively re-arrange their offseason and spring sports schedules because Ohio is, comparatively, slipping behind other states in a sport that's more conducive to being played year-round in those other states? And they should do so because the number of kids that have any...
  4. R

Great Lakes Conference Changes

Not a bad idea. If the Crown were to kick out Walsh and be left with NDCL, Lake Catholic, and Padua, adding Holy Name and Elyria Catholic from the GLC, get Lutheran West if Fairview takes their spot, and then maybe add Cleveland Central Catholic and CVCA (once they bolt the PAC), that's a...
  5. R

Spring Football

There are two plausible answers to this question: 1. Chaos. Especially in smaller schools in which spring sports will undoubtedly be affected; utter unadulterated chaos. But the more plausible answer is... 2. We'll never know. Because it will never happen.
  6. R

Great Lakes Conference Changes

We know you're trying to find schools for the WRC, but Holy Name is a stretch of a stretch. They're not in a good location relative to the other schools and we all know how much trepidation publics have in admitting privates to their leagues, in general. The Bay and Lake divisions of the...
  7. R

Spring Football

As has been insinuated earlier in this thread, Ohio is VERY slow-moving when it comes to changes such as these. Additionally, Ohio has a very frosty relationship with the AAU compared to states such as Florida. Because of weather and coaches' rightful trepidation, I'd bet my 401(k) that spring...
  8. R

8th Division Coming ????

Poll titles aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Massillon is working on getting title number ONE.
  9. R

2023 Ohio Football Conferences

The current iteration of the Steel Valley Conference formed in 2019 with Chaney, East, Mooney, and Ursuline. Harding has never, at any point since then, been part of it.
  10. R

Vanlue Football out of BVC per Courier

So I looked it up, Vanlue is 54-441-4 in the playoff area, and is 0-1 in the 2020 playoffs* on top of that. A 0.112 winning percentage; 7th worst of the 819 teams to take the field in that time, and nearly 100 basis points behind the next lowest team to field a team in all 51 seasons (Sebring...
  11. R

Great Lakes Conference

They'd have to kick Walsh out of the Crown in order to do it... and for those other schools, it's admittedly the right idea. It'd be the 1995-2004 NCL, plus VASJ and Gilmour, minus Chanel and Trinity
  12. R

Spring Football

Stop trying to make spring football and 7 on 7's in Ohio happen. They're not going to happen.
  13. R

HOFV Breaks Ground on Completion of Phase 2

Okay, I found a comparison: The Star in Frisco, Texas. Similar to what the HOFV is planning, The Star is a complex that opened in 2016 at a cost of $1.5 billion. It features a 12,000 seat indoor facility that is home to Frisco ISD high school football, as well as numerous other events. Also...
  14. R

OHSFCA Top 25 Playoff Programs and Playoff Trivia

According to the OHSAA points listed on their website, in 1972 in D2R7, Hannibal River actually placed 1st, with Lake 2nd and Ironton 3rd. However, from the Youngstown Vindicator on 11/13/1972, River is listed 3rd, behind Lake and Ironton. The impetus behind this is that, in 1972, wins against...
  15. R

Question 8: 2005: Coldwater, St. Xavier, Toledo Central Catholic, and Patrick Henry
  16. R

Question 8: 2000 (Marion Local, Ursuline, Upper Arlington, Olmsted Falls) Question 9: 1982 (W. Jefferson won before in 1976, St. V had won in 1972 & 1981, Moeller had won 5x previously, Newark Catholic had won in 1978, and Mooney had won in 1973 and 1980) Question 10: 1985; Columbus...
  17. R

Question 7: The answer is 5. Rubber Bowl - 1975 (through 1977 and again in 1979) Welcome Stadium - 1978 (only time) Ohio Stadium - 1983 (through 1989, also 2014-16) Paul Brown Tiger Stadium - 1993 (through 1997) Benson Hall of Fame - 2017 (every year since except 2020)
  18. R

HOFV Breaks Ground on Completion of Phase 2

There is no possible way that number is accurate. Drop that figure by 80-90%, and it's still too high.
  19. R

Tennessee High School Athletes allowed to sign NIL Deals

Will never happen in Ohio... and shouldn't.
  20. R

Are there any conferences that have never had a single member win a state championship in football?

Shockingly, the Suburban League in Northeast Ohio, whose existence predates the playoff era, has no state titles, and has only been to two title games (Revere in 1990 and Nordonia in 2014). Brecksville and Aurora have state championships, but those occurred as members of the Pioneer Conference...