Search results

1. S

It’s Time for a Shot Clock

Shouldn’t that be the goal? Are we teaching students to be good teammates or good one on one players? Five players working simultaneously toward one goal is kinda what high school sports should be about, right?
  2. S

OHSAA does not allow kids to play 7on7

He says to do it when track is at regionals. Regionals in 2022 were on the last weekend of May when many schools are already out of session for the year. He thinks seven practices in early June are going to significantly improve Ohio football players?
  3. S

Don’t forget to volunteer to run said clock as well!
  4. S

Thoughts ???

I wonder if he tells his bench players that they didn’t get playing time in a blowout because he was engaged in a schlong measuring contest with the opposing coach?
  5. S

Forget 14-year olds, I’m entertained by all the coaching experts on Yappi 🤣
  6. S

Martin RPI

By itself this statement makes sense, but only if the system is close to perfect.
  7. S

Cha-Ching As The Money Rolls In For The OHSAA

You had me at “Towing the line” 🤣
  8. S

Can they transfer in-season and remain eligible?
  9. S

Ask the Ref?

I believe this was addressed before but I cannot find it. A player, from behind the arc, lobs the ball into the low post. B defender tips it and it goes directly through the hoop without touching anyone else. Should it count for three points?
  10. S

I don’t give a rip about making Ohio players more competitive with those of other states, whether 7 on 7 is ‘real football’, or college recruiting in general. However, I also don’t understand why 7v7s are forbidden and (nearly?) every other sport’s participants are allowed to practice their...
  11. S

8th Division Coming ????

Sounds like those other states are the ones with the problem 🤷🏼‍♂️
  12. S

One level above OSHA. Hard hats required AT ALL TIMES. 🤨
  13. S

Who is Bryce?
  14. S

Martin RPI

If, as has been claimed, the creator of the Martin RPI said that it would only work with super-district setups, what does it say about those 75% that voted yes? How much can they know?
  15. S

Varsity Girls and Varsity Boys Same Night, Same Location

Our varsity girls draw more on Thursday nights around 7:15 than our JV boys do on Fridays at 6. I don’t think a boys/girls doubleheader on Fridays would help anything.
  16. S

Martin RPI

Are the MRPI rankings from the tournament draw date available somewhere? I seem to remember some jumbling in the upper seeds in at least one of the D4 districts.
  17. S

Anticipated Football Rule Changes

Nothing is keeping a defensive coach in the press box from seeing this and the defense subbing in quickly to counter. This chess game goes on all the time the way it is now.
  18. S

Martin RPI

The most interesting part was this: My question is whether Martin actually said this. Most (all?) of NW Ohio doesn’t have super sectionals/districts. Why would they make NWO the guinea pig when it’s the one place it wouldn’t work well?
  19. S

Martin RPI

Here’s the thing, though: the state hasn’t handled things at the lower tournament levels. They decided (rightly, in my eyes) that these very different parts of the state just might have a better idea on how to run their own tournaments in order to send the best teams to the actual state...
  20. S

13M NIL for a high school recruit

Possibly. I’m just not a huge college sports guy, probably because the idea of grown men going to teenagers’ houses to entice them to come to their school just seems a little gross. I prefer pro sports where it’s 100% naked greed or high school, where - in my area at least - it’s true amateur...