Your Favorite Halloween Treat?

Carmel Twix displaced the Milky Way as number one at the doors in the pillowcase, but the pumpkin spice cake roll with the cream cheese filling trumps all if it has a little sugar crunch glaze on top.

100360-cruella.webp

In honor of my dad's birthday, I always recall the story he'd tell us of how as a kid they'd go to the rich neighborhood that gave out full size candy bars, and stash a second costume in the bushes at the end of the street, and then go back again in the new costumes to get a second candy bar.

Interesting. Definitely never seen those before.

Edit: upon zooming in closer, I recognize these now. Was never a fan. In fact we used to hate getting these lol.

Last edited:
Peanut butter kisses in the orange and black wax paper. Hard to find these days.

Yeah, these are the best. Other than reeses, the only peanut butter candy I like. I wouldn't be paying those prices. Necco still makes them. Mary Jane peanut butter kisses is what I found.

I didn't recall them being called "kisses" but then I was more of an eater than a passer-outer. Sometimes you'd get some really hard that you knew were from previous Halloweens.

Last edited:
Reese cup
Anyone who does not provide this answer is insane.
Lock me up now - something about that combo never really sent me. 😜 I think they put too much sugar in their peanut butter? But I did like the Clark bar as a kid And I don't mind some PB and Nutella on toast.

Back in the day my top-shelf choices were Zagnut, Three Musketeers, Nestle's Crunch (or Krackel).

Edit: upon zooming in closer, I recognize these now. Was never a fan. In fact we used to hate getting these lol.
Always a major disappointment to receive those. They were not good. Couldn't even trade them to your friends for something better.

Anyone ever receive money for Halloween? Every now and then, I'd get a nickel or a dime. IIRC, my parents gave out nickels 1 year.

I love the mini Reese’s, but don’t buy them too often cause I’ll eat a whole bag.
Same. Best part about COVID forcing a lot of companies into remote work was not sitting next to my former co-worker who always had a full container stocked mini and smaller seasonal Reese’s and sat right behind my cubicle. Wonderful lady but I dropped a couple lbs that first month and that’s when the gyms were still closed lol