Dublin Coffman 2022

AHM if you are talking about the DC AD wanting to hire a replacement for Crabtree that ran a tighter ship, then yes.

But attendance problems and kids not showing up until Aug last year isn't true. Someone has an ego and is covering themselves after a 4-8 season.
Definitely some truth there . The ego and blaming others is very un Stokes like .

No, my question was really just trying to see what you expected to get out of the scrimmage. For example, establishing a consistent run game, find out who is going to to be QB1, not lose the line of scrimmage. "Winning" a scrimmage means nothing IMO. Also, my question was timed to just break up the internet cat fight that has taken over this thread. Since you guys are coming to Pick Town tomorrow, I will let you in on a little secret. When the Pick Central and Pick North dads are bickering, we head over to the train tracks and throw down. Then we all go to the brewery next to the stadium to talk about it. As far as I know, the train tracks are open tomorrow.
Best Post Yet! I love these Coffman threads!

Here is a link to those soft kids, pounding a Boren led Pick C team 35-9. This is probably the game that caused Sharrett to hit the recruiting trail a little harder?. It’s probably because Crabtree recruited their QB?.

All in good fun Pick fans!

Here is a link to those soft kids, pounding a Boren led Pick C team 35-9. This is probably the game that caused Sharrett to hit the recruiting trail a little harder?. It’s probably because Crabtree recruited their QB?.

But only 1 of the 2 head coaches in this game was suspended for recruiting. Marysville says thanks for no longer taking their best players every year. All In Good Fun Dub Fans!!

Stoudt didn’t start till Senior year and the Stoudts were only in Pick Town because the oldest daughter was a good hoops player and Pick was king of girls hoops. Sharett wouldn’t have utilized him and thrown the ball the way Coffman did back then . They never were staying there . I talked to Cliff periodically back in the day at the Rec That was a tight game at half but Coffman had a size advantage up front and wore them down . Soph Scoobie Jones took over after starter Jared Phillips went down and was a difference maker . Cold night in Gahanna . Great win

Last edited:
What is going to be the measurement of Stokes’ success?

A. Having “tough” kids that workout at 6am

B. Producing reputable members of society because players from 2002-2021 are all pretty much in prison, regular dregs of society

C. Going sub .500 and having massive 1st round playoff victories

D. Putting a team that wins games on the field, because you can be a part of whatever “leadership” blog you want to be, but in the end, your leadership as a coach will present itself in W’s. All the “process” stuff goes into winning, however that differs from coach to coach.

I’ll take D.

Stoudt didn’t start till Senior year and the Stoudts were only in Pick Town because the oldest daughter was a good hoops player and Pick was king of girls hoops. Sharett wouldn’t have utilized him and thrown the ball the way Coffman did back then . That was a tight game at half but Coffman had a size advantage up front and wore them down . Soph Scoobie Jones took over after starter Jared Phillips went down and was a difference maker . Cold night in Gahanna . Great win
Fantastic win, especially considering how little these guys worked and how soft they were.

But only 1 of the 2 head coaches in this game was suspended for recruiting. Marysville says thanks for no longer taking their best players every year. All In Good Fun Dub Fans!!
Which players from M Ville ? I remember one . A QB who started one year and went to Marietta . Were there any others ? Recruited “. ? Kid never played varsity football at all (. DeSales ). Kids dad went to Crabtree office asking him about his boys QB prospects . That’s what that was . Kid was never going to Coffman could t play there and didn’t play anywhere else . A lot of kids seem to want to play with their cousins in Pick Town over the years or many who used to live and then go back later ., all in good fun

Stoudt didn’t start till Senior year and the Stoudts were only in Pick Town because the oldest daughter was a good hoops player and Pick was king of girls hoops. Sharett wouldn’t have utilized him and thrown the ball the way Coffman did back then . That was a tight game at half but Coffman had a size advantage up front and wore them down . Soph Scoobie Jones took over after starter Jared Phillips went down and was a difference maker . Cold night in Gahanna . Great win
Back in Sharrett's first few seasons, he actually threw the ball a lot more than he does now. I heard one reason Stoudt left was because they did not get along with the Boren family. I have no idea if this is true, just was somebody told me a long time ago.

Back in Sharrett's first few seasons, he actually threw the ball a lot more than he does now. I heard one reason Stoudt left was because they did not get along with the Boren family. I have no idea if this is true, just was somebody told me a long time ago.
Exactly what Harry said, Cliff Stoudt was a transplant to central Ohio. I forget what brought the family to Ohio specifically.
Daughter was awesome at Volleyball so they settled in Picktown. Cliff was a great QB and after daughter was done, he wanted to put his boys in the best possible position he thought they could succeed. So, after researching and being in the area for a little while, he recognized the success that Coffman had with QBs, so they moved to Dublin. At the time, Coffman was likely the premier “QB school” in the state with the success of Brady Quinn at ND and Jack Rafferty(who should’ve been Mr Football Ohio).

Exactly what Harry said, Cliff Stoudt was a transplant to central Ohio. I forget what brought the family to Ohio specifically.
Daughter was awesome at Volleyball so they settled in Picktown. Cliff was a great QB and after daughter was done, he wanted to put his boys in the best possible position he thought they could succeed. So, after researching and being in the area for a little while, he recognized the success that Coffman had with QBs, so they moved to Dublin. At the time, Coffman was likely the premier “QB school” in the state with the success of Brady Quinn at ND and Jack Rafferty(who should’ve been Mr Football Ohio).
And a few other D-1 kids before that

I'm just fighting for the players. I guess if he said that to some magazine or in a interview that the kids had bad attendance and didn't show up until August, that is his way of covering himself for a rough year. Lets get serious, what D1 OCC high school would allow varsity players to play if they didn't show up until Aug? That's just silly and a lie for anyone to say that.

Everyone knows the talent level at DC is down last year and in the next couple, but to throw everyone under the bus to satisfy your ego, isn't right. The team is working hard, they have made big gains in the weight room and they have a new D-Coord who has good attendance this year.
I just got a chance to read the article, he’s convinced me, even more so, that he’s a clown.

“ The bottom line is Stokes firmly believes that the 2021 team struggled – it marked Coffman’s first losing season since 2000 ─ because many of the players didn’t put in the necessary work to succeed.”

Stokes basically saying:

“Kids fault, not mine! If they would’ve showed up in June-July, no 4-8, I probably would’ve coached them to a regional championship.”

Guy is a narcissistic clown.

Did he win state title first year at Minster?

I just got a chance to read the article, he’s convinced me, even more so, that he’s a clown.

“ The bottom line is Stokes firmly believes that the 2021 team struggled – it marked Coffman’s first losing season since 2000 ─ because many of the players didn’t put in the necessary work to succeed.”

Stokes basically saying:

“Kids fault, not mine! If they would’ve showed up in June-July, no 4-8, I probably would’ve coached them to a regional championship.”

Sounds like he is comfortably all in with this years group. Now will it translate to on field success?

Stokes basically saying:

State titles 2nd and 5th years at Minster.

If you get to personally know Stokes, you will find he is one of the hardest working (to the point of obsession) people you will ever meet. And a fun guy to be around if he trusts you. And that he rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

First losing or even 500 season record in 20 years. Previous coach won 77 percent of his games. Of course the players JUST stopped working at it .Did the players in 2020 at Minster just stop working? [5-6} What about the team last year?[1-10} Did they not go through the Stokes year round training regimen like other teams did for at least a few years?? Just curious.

Last edited:
First losing or even 500 season record in 20 years. Previous coach won 77 percent of his games. Of course the players JUST stopped working at it .Did the players in 2020 at Minster just stop working? [5-6} What about the team last year?[1-10} Did they not go through the Stokes year round training regimen like other teams did for at least a few years?? Just curious.
Major difference between the two. Look at the returning starters for Minster this year and then look at their grade level. Compare the two side by side and you tell me.

Stokes basically saying:

Any update on the scrimmage? Made it out to Sunbury to watch Big Walnut and Big Walnut is on a completely different level than Berlin. Looks like it could be another long year in the Olentangy schools, besides maybe the original with their new coach.

Any update on the scrimmage? Made it out to Sunbury to watch Big Walnut and Big Walnut is on a completely different level than Berlin. Looks like it could be another long year in the Olentangy schools, besides maybe the original with their new coach.
This years and last sr. class is down across the board at all of the Olentangys. Plus the demographics of the district are shifting even more towards kids who don’t play football. 9/10 grade classes are solid across the district.

Scrimmage went about as expected . Defense is sturdier and stronger but still has issues containing the run outside . Offense is a work in progress and doesn’t have a reliable passing attack . and should be ok when facing other opponents . Anderson ran well , not a lot of room vs. The Ones , but gashed the twos in the third quarter . 3rd quarter was 10 minutes and I left at the end when the Rocks scored at the end the quartet on a nice quick out route throw on 4th and goal . 4th quarter was slated for 8 minutes . I was heading home at that point .

Sloppiness that is expected in a scrimmage from both offenses in the first half especially with PC having the only extended drive which resulted in a TD . Rocks defense looked good at times . Got a sack and a few pressures . And again was stronger on inside runs . Outside run defense needs some work . When PC needed sure yardage they just tossed Tio the back outside and there was a ton of room to turn the corner . A few too
many holding calls on both teams and some personal fouls were called that weren’t especially bad . Ticky Tack . ( grab of a jersey out of bounds , hit after a dropped pass etc ).

PC QB had a nice slide away from pressure and pass that resulted in a nice gain . PC gave their 1st O a series in the third quarter (that resulted in a score but played their twos on defense and it showed .

Rocks long snapper needs more consistency . Receivers have some potential but the QBs need to be a bit more accurate . Not a bad scrimmage considering who they played . Sledding gets a bit easier next week .

Last edited:
Rocks fumbled and it cost them a scoop and score . And on a third and five looked for the TE and it was picked and returned for a score . QB locked in on him and it was an easy read for the defender . Good idea to pick up the first down looking for the big TE but execution was not sharp .

They played Three 10 Minute Varsity quarters and One 8 minute JV quarter.

Pick Central won the varsity 27-7.
Pick Central had Pick Six TD (40yds).
Pick Central had a Scoop and Score from a Anderson Fumble.
DC defense looked solid, it was 0-0 after the 1st qt.
If DC's Offense and Special teams give big plays and turnovers for scores this season, things could get rough for the Rocks.

#Relentless
#All-in