D7 R25 2022

Looking and still getting use to the divisional/regional re-draw….

Region 25 will have 14 teams left out of the playoffs.
Region 26: 14
Region 27: 7
Region 28: 8

For as many times as I’ve listened to OHSAA justify 7 divisions and 16 teams making the playoffs…this seems like a lousy re-draw. Feel like region 25/26 should have kicked a few teams to the other regions (in fairness of course). Geography be damned. Folks are already used to ridiculous travel so why so lopsided?

For as many times as I’ve listened to OHSAA justify 7 divisions and 16 teams making the playoffs…this seems like a lousy re-draw. Feel like region 25/26 should have kicked a few teams to the other regions (in fairness of course). Geography be damned. Folks are already used to ridiculous travel so why so lopsided?
It doesn’t bother me one bit that 14 teams in 25 & 26 aren’t going to make it.

There were plenty of times, back when this region was previously Division VI Region 21 and Division VII Region 23 where the #8 seed (under the 8-team per region qualification model) that made it in were lousy compared to teams who had missed in other regions.

Sad that one of Crestline or Buckeye Central might miss the playoffs, tho!

I get it. This topic will be on the chopping board for us chuckle-heads every year. But I love the 16 get in format. I’ve never heard of an “elite” program complain about a round one tune-up. Besides, what’s the alternative? No playoffs and we just…vote on who “wins” a title? I can think of a fan base that might like that. I’m a sucker for the Mathews storyline… Old ball coach, a ton of freshman. Getting them another week and who knows how much help in building something there. Besides, it’s hard to think about…but something like 93% of these kids will never play competitive football ever again. So maybe we de-valued “making” the playoffs. Maybe some truly awful, undeserving teams qualify for the play-offs... But I only see upside.

Celebrating playoffs now is just awkward. It reminds me of basketball teams that celebrate sectional titles. They either get a bye and beat a 13 seed, or beat a 20
Seed then the 13 and they cut down the nets. It just makes me uncomfortable. And yes I have been in the gym to see it.

Celebrating playoffs now is just awkward. It reminds me of basketball teams that celebrate sectional titles. They either get a bye and beat a 13 seed, or beat a 20
Seed then the 13 and they cut down the nets. It just makes me uncomfortable. And yes I have been in the gym to see it.
IMO, celebrating playoff births hast lost almost all of it's luster. 8 was the sweet spot and greed ended that.

R1: 1
R2: 2
R3: 2
R4: 2

WTH?!?

At what other level of football does 90.14% of the teams make the postseason? This really is preposterous.
It makes the regular season d--- near pointless. If they want 16 in each region, go back to 6 divisions.

Two Dublin Coffman posts named exactly the same? Paper champs having 59 pages? Paper champs
asking a question that could have been covered in the aforementioned 59 pages?

Good thing we allow Yappi to have D7 R25 2022. A beacon of light in an otherwise dark & sloppy world.

DC2.png

IMO, celebrating playoff births hast lost almost all of it's luster. 8 was the sweet spot and greed ended that.
Love the teams that get shirts made up that have "10-0" or "9-1" after the season. They conveniently leave off the "we got beat by 46 points in the first round though" part.

Last edited:
I’m fine with conference champion shirts, but playoff shirts are dumb now. The 16 teams I’m up in the air, adding the extra week you can get a couple good games, but also moving the season up I don’t agree with, especially at 7pm when it’s still 90 out

Hoist the Black has been cheating on us. He is very engaged with the new Dalton region even referring to "my Bulldogs"
D6 Region 21 2022 page. I stumbled across the page and I'm extremely upset of this revelation. I'm appalled

Hoist the Black has been cheating on us. He is very engaged with the new Dalton region even referring to "my Bulldogs"
D6 Region 21 2022 page. I stumbled across the page and I'm extremely upset of this revelation. I'm appalled
That’s adult talk Tempesta. The kids didn’t need to know. Now it’s out of the bag and we have to talk it out. Divorce is not an option in this case.

Man the disrespect for toronto in here is hilarious, by no means are they a power house. They have made playoffs and won a couple games in the past years.

They are better than
1. Connoton valley
2.stueb central
3.fairport
4.leetonia
5.lisbon
6.matthews
7.plymouth
8.sebring
9.st johns
10.strasburg
11.tcc
12.wellsville
13.windam
14.monroeville
15. crestline 0-9 last year
16. buckeye central 2-8 last year
17.hillsdale (dont know much abt. got throttled by mogadore last year.)
18. east canton

yes i agree doesnt hold same weight like top 8 making playoffs did.

Man the disrespect for toronto in here is hilarious, by no means are they a power house. They have made playoffs and won a couple games in the past years.

They are better than
1. Connoton valley
2.stueb central
3.fairport
4.leetonia
5.lisbon
6.matthews
7.plymouth
8.sebring
9.st johns
10.strasburg
11.tcc
12.wellsville
13.windam
14.monroeville
18. east canton
Animated GIF

They are better than
1. Connoton valley
2.stueb central
3.fairport
4.leetonia
5.lisbon
6.matthews
7.plymouth
8.sebring
9.st johns
10.strasburg
11.tcc
12.wellsville
13.windam
14.monroeville
18. east canton
Point made. I agree, they have been slightly overlooked...slightly.

Last edited:
Toronto got throttled by Independence 44-13 last year in the playoffs. Independence is not very good. Dalton then then ran rough shot through Independence to the tune of 61-7. No disrespect, those are facts. JFK played Toronto in previous years in the playoffs and they had a really good safety who came down like a missile and a nice offensive lineman. QB wasn't bad either. Toronto was the dirtiest program JFK has ever played. Toronto was worse than Windham. Toronto had double digit personal foul penalties. Shaq did do a cameo for Toronto though which was pretty cool

Toronto got throttled by Independence 44-13 last year in the playoffs. Independence is not very good. Dalton then then ran rough shot through Independence to the tune of 61-7. No disrespect, those are facts. JFK played Toronto in previous years in the playoffs and they had a really good safety who came down like a missile and a nice offensive lineman. QB wasn't bad either. Toronto was the dirtiest program JFK has ever played. Toronto was worse than Windham. Toronto had double digit personal foul penalties. Shaq did do a cameo for Toronto though which was pretty cool
100%.

Toronto was down 5 starters for last years playoff game no excuse though. JFK is the class of this region IMO. Not putting Toronto top 8-10 is just disrespect.

Also i believe the game youre talking abt was under the meek coaching staff.

Toronto was down 5 starters for last years playoff game no excuse though. JFK is the class of this region IMO. Not putting Toronto top 8-10 is just disrespect.

Also i believe the game youre talking abt was under the meek coaching staff.
I see we have a new member. Welcome!

Let me ask you something: Do you believe winning has any “tangible” benefits?