PAC 2022

Because of personnel?
When CVCA ditched the wing t better athletes started showing up. I have talked with many of those kids when CVCA made the playoffs and they literally couldn't believe the difference in the players from when they played from 2010-2014. Think about it the 2019 team had 4 kids earn all state honors. That never happened with the wing t. Maybe Pettigrew and Utley would be but not regularly. I think the 2020 class and multiple all state kids as well.

Let me be clear the wing-t comment was just a joke. So what I’m reading from a prior post is that the offensive line was very below average last year and they lost 3 kids along with their QB. Would something like the wing-t be more of a fit for a line that’s not that big or very talented and a new qb?

Wondering how many of those 285lb lineman would stay at Norwayne if recruiting was allowed though! Wooster just down the road - Wadsworth not too far either.....
Wooster? Who would move their kid INTO Wooster for the specific purpose of playing football? Heck, Wooster's best lineman in last 10 years left to play at Hoban.

Kids have been going D1 from Norwayne for almost a decade now. No reason to leave.
I would bet all of them would stay they have a chance to compete for a state title or go far In the playoffs every year and still get d1 looks at Norwayne . Norwayne has produced far more d1 athletes in the last 10 years then both schools . And Norwayne has more success then both schools as well . Wadsworth can be good on occasion tho .
Easy, Big Fella. Your school takes a back seat to no one in your area about kids going to the next level. That said - who cares? No one outside the MAC can touch Kirtland and they might send a kid to a D3 school every few years or so. Love to see local kids do well, but you bragging about having better football players than Wooster is the same as you inviting their School Dietician to the Creston Oxfest.

Also, be nice to Wadsworth. Any school that can have a kid win Mr Football who then goes D1 in a different sport is immune to any mocking in my book.

When CVCA ditched the wing t better athletes started showing up. I have talked with many of those kids when CVCA made the playoffs and they literally couldn't believe the difference in the players from when they played from 2010-2014. Think about it the 2019 team had 4 kids earn all state honors. That never happened with the wing t. Maybe Pettigrew and Utley would be but not regularly. I think the 2020 class and multiple all state kids as well.
I call this the Massillon Perry vortex. Coach Wakefield ran Wing T since Noah started building his boat. You can feel how you will about it, but with Central Catholic on one side & Millon on the other it was very unlikely they were ever going to be the most athletic team out there.

Wooster? Who would move their kid INTO Wooster for the specific purpose of playing football? Heck, Wooster's best lineman in last 10 years left to play at Hoban.

Kids have been going D1 from Norwayne for almost a decade now. No reason to leave.

Easy, Big Fella. Your school takes a back seat to no one in your area about kids going to the next level. That said - who cares? No one outside the MAC can touch Kirtland and they might send a kid to a D3 school every few years or so. Love to see local kids do well, but you bragging about having better football players than Wooster is the same as you inviting their School Dietician to the Creston Oxfest.

Also, be nice to Wadsworth. Any school that can have a kid win Mr Football who then goes D1 in a different sport is immune to any mocking in my book.
Agree wasn’t trying to sound harsh my bad .and I don’t think Norwayne has better players then Wooster but I would say Norwayne has better coaching and tradition now that’s all I was trying to get at . And Wooster has 2000 kids to choose from they definitely have more talent then most schools around but having talent doesn’t beat coaching . And that’s also why I said wadsworth can be good on occasion ! No knock on them but no body would leave Norwayne to go there .

Agree wasn’t trying to sound harsh my bad .and I don’t think Norwayne has better players then Wooster rebut I would argue we have better coaching and tradition now . That’s it’s Wooster has 2000 kids to choose from they definitely have more talent
You guys are taking it too literally - I was just being hypothetical. In a world with recruiting, the bigger schools have advantages that start with MONEY.....More money equals better facilities, better equipment etc.......in that world, where it would be ok to recruit, those school most certainly would steal some of the homegrown talent from smaller schools. WCAL doesn't deal with this much because there are no powerhouse privates that are super close. Every once in a while you'll lose one to Hoban or StV....but not often enough to understand that as a true day to day possibility. Any of the schools in the burbs of Akron are always in danger of losing the most talented players to a Hoban or StV.....its just simply not the case for WCAL schools.

The closest thing to it is Hiland with girls basketball.....not saying they recruit by any means, but WCAL schools lose some talent to them...

Also - the size of the school/competition level matter to D1 college coaches. Lets say same kid plays for Kirtland or St Eds - He's getting more big time looks if he's at St Eds than he is being at Kirtland....There are for sure exceptions, as we've seen from Norwayne already with their D1 players.....but again, those are exceptions, not the majority. In a world where recruiting would be allowed, I believe the big schools would get bigger and the small schools would get smaller because again....just follow the money....

Let me be clear the wing-t comment was just a joke. So what I’m reading from a prior post is that the offensive line was very below average last year and they lost 3 kids along with their QB. Would something like the wing-t be more of a fit for a line that’s not that big or very talented and a new qb?
I would say last year was an anomaly. To be fair to Coach Cook he was hired in early summer and I am sure that some continuity was lost. They lost 2 monsters on the offensive line that were 3 and 4 year starters. This year will be a far better measure to see where the program is heading. There is plenty of skill talent on the CVCA sideline. Hopefully some lineman as well.

When the 2014 class were freshman they had a freshman coach who ran a spread and rolled everyone in the PAC with the exception of Manchester (2 point loss, home cooking). Hell the best QB on the team was playing WR that year because he was a dual threat and all they did was run belly. This was a bad job coaching that group and if you don't believe that you may have been part of it.
Let's not read too much into Freshman results, very rarely do those results hold true come Friday night

Not a a part of it but to compare middle school
Football to high school varsity football is pointless. To question a coach who built and maintained a very good program is more pointless. It seems you are familiar with all things CVCA and there would not be CVCA football if it weren’t for the coach you are questioning.

Not sure what your qualifications are to evaluate coaches other than you seem to be a fan/expert of CVCA. Please don’t refer/relate any lower level of football to that of Friday night varsity football. I watched the program grow from the early 2000’s to now. To question what he did is foolish as his teams were always well prepared and fundamentally sound. Just ask teams who competed against him. His last few years seemed to be teams that were thin on talent. Regardless, he was a class act.

I would say last year was an anomaly. To be fair to Coach Cook he was hired in early summer and I am sure that some continuity was lost. They lost 2 monsters on the offensive line that were 3 and 4 year starters. This year will be a far better measure to see where the program is heading. There is plenty of skill talent on the CVCA sideline. Hopefully some lineman as well.
Seems like that was a late hire and this year should be solid for the Royals. Studs in the backfield. All will come down to people playing on the L.O.S. Would be surprised if they were not a 6 or 7 win team at the very least.

Snapped this picture of Kevin Durant in Akron Canton after he got off his private jet. He mentioned he was house shopping in New Franklin and was planning to get Galluchs for lunch..... Could be big for the Panthers
505307670.0.jpg

Springfield actually makes sense. Larger school with decent facilities inside the existing conference geography.

Of course if the PAC let them in instead of Mogadore you'd have a few posters on here completely losing their .... stuff. : )
Can't speak a lot about Springfield but I wouldn't say they have decent facilities. Their FB Field is a mess.

Canton South and Triway are the team's to beat ? can Fairless or NW pose a threat ? might manchester challenge ?
Canton South makes sense, but have heard a few folks mention Triway and couldn't get my head around that. Their QB is back, but didn't they graduate most of the line & skill guys from last year? Honest question because I can't remember.

He's probably still crunching #s from a summer league baseball game, but need Pit to weigh in.

Wow. It's football season already! This is our last week before the no-contact period (August), so I guess it's time to shift gears.

Triway lost 11 seniors, including something like 3-4 starting O-linemen, starting RB, 2 starting WR, 2 starting D-linemen (I think), 1-2 starting LB, 2 starting DB, and starting K.

We have plenty of returning WR who did well last year, so I think we will be fine there. Losing Vizzo at RB really hurts, but our backup last year was playing his best ball at the end of the season. If he picks up where he left off, we'll be in good hands. I haven't looked at the roster yet for this year, but I think our OL will be underrated. A good mix of seasoned players and guys who are itching to prove themselves. Defensively, our defensive backfield will be filled with experienced ball hawks. We return a DL who was our leader in total tackles, TFL, and sacks. And I think we'll have some very athletic DEs. I know 1-2 options at LB, but that position is more of a mystery to me right now.

I need to get out to see a scrimmage or two!

Last edited:
Wow. It's football season already! This is our last week before the no-contact period (August), so I guess it's time to shift gears.

Triway lost 11 seniors, including something like 3-4 starting O-linemen, starting RB, 2 starting WR, 2 starting D-linemen (I think), 1-2 starting LB, 2 starting DB, and starting K.

We have plenty of returning WR who did well last year, so I think we will be fine there. Losing Vizzo at RB really hurts, but our backup last year was playing his best ball at the end of the season. If he picks up where he left off, we'll be in good hands. I haven't looked at the roster yet for this year, but I think our OL will be underrated. A good mix of seasoned players and guys who are itching to prove themselves. Defensively, our defensive backfield will be filled with experienced ball hawks. We return a DL who was our leader in total tackles, TFL, and sacks. And I think we'll have some very athletic DEs. I'm not as familiar with who our LBs will be.

I need to get out to see a scrimmage or two before I comment on this year's team.
You rock, PIT! Great summary. Thought they were down most of the line and completely agree about Vizzo. He added that level of physicality that seemed to catch the D off guard. They'd be so focused on the spread & he'd run over & thru folks.

Well - I don't usually entertain rumors, especially about this player because they have been plentiful over the last couple years...but I talked to someone very close to the situation last night. NW might look drastically different this season. Heard said player doesn't want to play a certain position and was given an ultimatum by HC that it was either that position or no position....and as of right now, he's electing for early retirement.

Orrville guy checking in.....

Not sure what we have but have heard if a roster of kids 5'10" and 160 lbs won the conference, we'd be a frontrunner.

I thought Hamsher thrived last year at WR, but with Schroer's graduation he's the obvious choice to move back under center. We had a lot of youth on the line last year so we should at least have some experience there.

@ Wooster then home vs West Holmes to start the season is about as tough as it gets for any D-5 school. Ending the year @ CVCA, vs Canton South and @ Triway doesn't excite me to much either.

The PAC swapping Loudonville for South is good for the conference but bad for every team that had Loudonville circled as a likely win.

Well - I don't usually entertain rumors, especially about this player because they have been plentiful over the last couple years...but I talked to someone very close to the situation last night. NW might look drastically different this season. Heard said player doesn't want to play a certain position and was given an ultimatum by HC that it was either that position or no position....and as of right now, he's electing for early retirement.
That'll show 'em sit out the last season of football you'll ever play in your career because you'd do more for your team at WR than you would as a QB

Went past Fairless the other evening. The new track looks excellent. I was told a few months ago that work was also going to be done to the bleachers, but I didn't notice anything different. However, I don't remember the bleachers too well. Were the bleachers just wooden planks, or did they always have some type of aluminum or plastic sheathing covering the wood?