Gas Prices

As has been suspected the UAE has zero excess capacity and the Saudi’s well under what they claimed. Emmanuel Macron was caught telling Biden this today after a conversation with UAE’s leader.

In other news France called us out today over the Iran and Venezuela sanctions. Heat from the EU is going to ratchet up quickly on Biden to release both countries from sanctions. I’d expect the Iran deal to get done quickly.

As has been suspected the UAE has zero excess capacity and the Saudi’s well under what they claimed. Emmanuel Macron was caught telling Biden this today after a conversation with UAE’s leader.

In other news France called us out today over the Iran and Venezuela sanctions. Heat from the EU is going to ratchet up quickly on Biden to release both countries from sanctions. I’d expect the Iran deal to get done quickly.
Tell the French go eat cake (use solar, wind).

“Today, the administration holds lease sales for new oil and gas drilling on public lands for the first time under new regulations for producers. Industry wanted more land and fewer federal stipulations, while environmental advocates favored no lease sales at all (The Hill). … The administration is debating the future of offshore oil and gas drilling in the outer continental shelf in advance of a White House-driven policy blueprint due to be released by the Interior Department to Congress by Thursday. It is likely to block new drilling in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans in the face of widespread bipartisan opposition from members of Congress and leaders from coastal states, according to sources. The eastern Gulf of Mexico has been closed to drilling since 1995.”

A new battery offers a range of over 621 miles on just one charge​

It has a record-breaking volume utilization efficiency of 72 percent.

and you can put it in a $60,000 electric car

what do we do with the battery when it doesn't work?

how much does a replacemnt battery cost?

and you can put it in a $60,000 electric car

what do we do with the battery when it doesn't work?

how much does a replacemnt battery cost?
Valid points.
But libs don’t care. They are incapable of looking at the past, present, or future honestly.
They will not even try to publish true cradle to grave costs or environmental impact of EVs. They just know they want it, and they are forcing taxpayers to pay for it.

And a typical 10 year old gasoline powered SUV with a full tank can go at least 800 miles only having to stop once (usually for less then 5 minutes) to fill up the tank.

This battery, which is an amazing engineering feat for battery technology, represents at best a lateral technological move when compared to a ten year old run of the mill gas powered vehicle. It's like adding a pickle to a hamburger and calling it a game changing culinary breakthrough!

Last edited:

That is until you take that trip down the interstate in the middle of a winter cold snap at night. Intrastate, cold and night all shorten the life of your charge. My best guess many be less than 400 and then lets find a charging station and how long to get an 80% fill? They never say how long to get it to 100% .

Valid points.
But libs don’t care. They are incapable of looking at the past, present, or future honestly.
They will not even try to publish true cradle to grave costs or environmental impact of EVs. They just know they want it, and they are forcing taxpayers to pay for it.

Libs merely want to virtue signal by owning an EV. 99% of them have absolutely no idea what a fruitless endeavor all of it is.

Libs merely want to virtue signal by owning an EV. 99% of them have absolutely no idea what a fruitless endeavor all of it is.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...rs-Demographic-Characteristics_tbl1_335455046

According to this research.
51.6% we’re purchased by dems
21.4% by independents
35% with an income over $200k
33.9% with an income between $100 and $200k
78.6% white
74.8% male
30.7% between 50 & 59
26.2% between 60 & 69
21.8% between 40 & 49
84.3% married or in a domestic partnership
only 8.9% with one vehicle in the household

That is until you take that trip down the interstate in the middle of a winter cold snap at night. Intrastate, cold and night all shorten the life of your charge. My best guess many be less than 400 and then lets find a charging station and how long to get an 80% fill? They never say how long to get it to 100% .
I have to stop to pee every 200 miles, should not be much of an issue. Point is, if we can land a man on the moon, we can perfect solar and batty power. I will never count out the technological power of the USA! ??????

I have to stop to pee every 200 miles, should not be much of an issue. Point is, if we can land a man on the moon, we can perfect solar and batty power. I will never count out the technological power of the USA! ??????
so how is the battery made? how is it disposed of? how much does it costs to replace? how will all these affect the power grid? how is the electric produced to juice these cars up? when will the price of electric cars become cost effective for regular Americans?

We DID land a man on the moon.
As far as ev technology, we aren’t there yet. We are getting screwed at the pump to push us to something we don’t have available.

Filled up for $85 and Change in NKY with .15 off. Going to Georgia tomorrow, figure around $400 or so for gas. Two years ago I drove to outer banks for…….. you guessed it, around half that. EV pushers be like “so what, at least you can afford to go on vacation”, I’m like “well that other $200 could’ve been used to take the kiddos on a boat ride or some other excursion, or take the wife out to a nice dinner on date night”. No one is against EV/ green energy. The issue (if it’s not obvious you’re an idiot) is we are killing the fossile fuel industry before we are anywhere close to going 100% “Green”.

as was asked many times before, what is the environmental effect of “Green Energy”? How are the batteries made? Where does the electric come to charge the batteries? What is the material used to make the wire to charge the card? What does digging for all these minerals do to the local ecosystem? Where do used batteries go? How do the factories that make batteries for EVs power their plants?
The claim that it’s “Green Energy” is the hypocritical statement that is p!ssing everyone off, on top of high energy costs.

Just to remind folks of the truth:

1656637038031.png

How many of you signed up for this?

At the conclusion of this week’s NATO summit in Madrid, the president was asked by New York Times reporter Jim Tankersley about the surging price of oil as a result of Western sanctions on Russia in response to its Feb. 24 assault.

“The war has pushed prices up. [Oil] could go as high as $200 a barrel, some analysts think,” Tankersley said. “How long is it fair to expect American drivers and drivers around the world to pay that premium for this war?”

“As long as it takes,” Biden answered. “Russia cannot, in fact, defeat Ukraine and move beyond Ukraine.

Maybe someone needs to tell dementia Joe that a Russian "victory" over Ukraine does not mean the Russians could even dream of moving "beyond Ukraine".

The Biden administration EPA doing it's best to drive gas prices up even further. Maybe they can follow in the footsteps of the FDA and take an action that leads to gas shortages just like the baby formula anchorages.