PLAYOFF CHAMPS ONLY

IMO, that play by Inge #44 was the most significant play in Ignatius football history. It was the start of all that followed.
Kareem Ingram made that play. For days before the game I was hearing from my Cincinnati friends that Ignatius had no chance because Cincinnati football was so much superior to Cleveland football. Of course, those were the days just after the Faust/Moeller domination and the rise of their heir-apparent, Princeton. I got so mad that I bet one of them $100 that Ignatius would win. Right at the end of that classic game, as Princeton was inside the five, I was thinking that I had lost the bet, but that Ignatius had been an excellent representative of Cleveland football. But then, Princeton didn't get the ball into the end zone play after play. Then on that final play, as the sweep was developing, the D blew the play up and the huge Ignatius crowd let out a roar that I had never heard before. It had been done - the first championship.... and I was $100 richer. To contrast with the defensive gem, the next year it was an offensive shootout with Moeller and amazing performances by Adam Hyzdu and Joe Pickens.

Which McKinley championship was the best?
The 81 team. The 98 team was special also because I didn't expect it. The Warren game probably was the real state championship game because McKinley doesn't make the playoffs without that win that's why I like 4 team per region playoff system because every game counted even the Massillon game. See what I did there my2sense?

just waiting for it to start...

Clock Tick Tock GIF by MOODMAN

The 81 team. The 98 team was special also because I didn't expect it. The Warren game probably was the real state championship game because McKinley doesn't make the playoffs without that win that's why I like 4 team per region playoff system because every game counted even the Massillon game. See what I did there my2sense?
81 > 98 > 97?

2004. Columbus Brookhaven vs Avon Lake.
Avon Lake coming in on a 29 game win streak defending D2 state champs. RB had more than 2200 yds that year. They had the state defensive player of the year and 2 D1 WRs.

Brookhaven Dominated from start to finish. Only time in football I ever saw a team score on kickoff. Not kick return the kickoff team scored on the first play of the game.

That was 2009 and a painful memory as a Coffman fan. We were undefeated and beat the cats in the regular season. We had incredible talent. But in the playoffs the coaching disparity reared it’s head and Davidson beat us 22-7. A thorough whipping and I think the beginning of the end of any hopes that Coffman could ever compete at the state level under the current staff.
Don’t worry, the new staff is taking them in the right direction!

Reactions: AHM
I was too young to remember the 81 pups, but that 98 team was pretty impressive to watch.

1981 SVSM over Washington Courthouse 48-7. The Irish scored in 3 plays, broke the collarbone of the opponent's All-State QB shortly thereafter and scored 34 first quarter points. I've never seen a big game over so fast.

2007 D5 State Championship
Marion Local 20, Youngstown Ursuline 14

This game wasn’t necessarily pretty, but it had all of the following:
76-yard passing TD
Blocked-punt TD
Fumble recovery TD
Interception return TD
Two kickoff returns of 50+ yards (non-scoring)
One successful onside kick
One successful fake punt
One blocked FG

I’m not sure if I linked this correctly, but the play of the game comes at 1:50:30:

Of coarse I’m partial to all 3 Massie title games, especially the most recent one because of the drastic momentum changes and the obvious comeback win.
I’ve been attending state championship weekend since 2004 and the few games that stand out for me was the Hilliard Davidson/Mentor game. The clash of styles was so entertaining to me. Then the way it ended was amazing as shown in the above videos. Also, the 2006 Steuby/Alter game. Steuby was up big and had to fend off a tough Alter comeback. And the most memorable for me (other than CM games) was the 2007 Coldwater/Mooney game. Mooney had so many highly touted players. Coldwater had a few but mostly role players. I just remember some gutsy plays and play calls. Coldwater hit a trick play or two and then hit a 4th and 1 play action pass to take the lead late in the game. Mooney went right down and scored and then a blocked extra point proved to be the difference. Pure guts by both teams.

1985 St Francis DeSales Stallions 1st Team in Ohio high School History to finish the Season 14-0 and State Champs.
Beat Orrville 21-13 in State Finals.
In 14 games they only gave up 75 points all year winning by over 3 Touchdowns average per game over the course of the Season.