2022 WOAC

Understanding this is a football thread, this can be a quick conversation, but since its the offseason we can talk a little outside of it. What is each WOAC school's strength outside of football? TV seems to have pretty good boys/girls basketball consistently? I thought I was told once that TCN sometimes has a good baseball club? I'm curious to hear what each school's strength is

Understanding this is a football thread, this can be a quick conversation, but since its the offseason we can talk a little outside of it. What is each WOAC school's strength outside of football? TV seems to have pretty good boys/girls basketball consistently? I thought I was told once that TCN sometimes has a good baseball club? I'm curious to hear what each school's strength is
I personally think its a very solid conference. TV, Arcanum, Ansonia and Shawnee will stay on top of Football and Basketball. But baseball and softball have lots of possibilities. Bradford is solid in softball, while baseball could have a different winner every year. Newton will always lead Boys soccer. Girls soccer I feel like Shawnee and South will lead for awhile.

I personally think its a very solid conference. TV, Arcanum, Ansonia and Shawnee will stay on top of Football and Basketball. But baseball and softball have lots of possibilities. Bradford is solid in softball, while baseball could have a different winner every year. Newton will always lead Boys soccer. Girls soccer I feel like Shawnee and South will lead for awhile.
Shawnee also has a good wrestling program. But you are right on baseball should be interesting to see who comes out on top of that.

Arcanum usually has a solid softball program as well. Seemed like in the last few seasons
Arcanum, Bradford, Newton were all contenders in softball.

Baseball was historically North and admittedly Arcanum at times.

Also in the spring; seems like Arcanum and maybe South? have had strong track teams simply because of numbers. They have enough out to get someone in every event at least. Some of the other schools just don’t have enough kids to fill every event.

TV has been very strong in volleyball the last few years.

No knock on girls Basketball at North. But how does a coach win District coach of the year being 9-14? And not winning WOAC coach of the year?

I’m hearing it’s all but official. Former Lebanon and Preble Shawnee Head Coach, Matt Hopkins will be the new coach at Tri Village.
? Can’t beat them have one join them I guess. Shawnee coaching staff is making a statement this year in that game can’t wait.

? Can’t beat them have one join them I guess. Shawnee coaching staff is making a statement this year in that game can’t wait.
Good thing you guys came into a league with schools half your size so you could have a winning record, one good season and PS is the greatest football team ever

Good thing you guys came into a league with schools half your size so you could have a winning record, one good season and PS is the greatest football team ever
Hows that? Does Hopkins have a bigger bus that Sagester? Eaton better watch out. Half of Lakengren will be on the TV team this year

P

PS is D5 TV is 7, and almost all the WOAC schools are 7 some are 6 but the only PS is 5
PS had 28 kids on team last year. If PS enrollment goes down by about 5 kids, were D6. I look for it to happen soon in next year or two

Kids on the team doesn't matter its the school, Marion Local has 70 boys on a team and there d7
I'm aware of how it works. It goes off grades 9, 10 , 11 enrollment. PS has some smaller classes coming up. They could be D6 in next few years

PS- 156 Boys is 2021
150 is the cutoff for D6.

Hows that? Does Hopkins have a bigger bus that Sagester? Eaton better watch out. Half of Lakengren will be on the TV team this year
Here goes the transfer talk again... Open Enrollment is Open Enrollment. If you want students to come to your school pass a levy and build a better district!

Nobody’s transferring to play for Hopkins I look for numbers to go down at TV just like they did every year at Shawnee and Lebanon when he was coaching. I think he’s a good coach but can rub people the wrong way. It’s going to fun booing trader Hopkins.

I’ll trust who told me that
  • February 22/23, 2022- OHSAA publishes and communicates proposed enrollments to member schools via website/electronic mail
  • February 23- March 11, 2022- Appeals period opens for schools to review/correct enrollments (3 weeks)
    • APPEAL FORM
    • The OHSAA asks all schools to review and correct their data, if necessary. If no correction is needed, no further actions is required. We appreciate notification when numbers appear to be incorrect since this is part of our data integrity system.
  • March 11-18, 2022- OHSAA Office calculates governance classifications after accepted appeal updates
  • Late March 2022- Board of Directors approves final enrollments and classifications
    • OHSAA updates website with final enrollments and classifications (A,AA,AAA) and notifies schools

Believe who you want, but the OHSAA hasn't made the cutoffs yet. They might very well end up d6, IF the cutoff stays at 163, and IF your CB number stays at 2. If either one changes you are right on the line.

• February 22/23, 2022- OHSAA publishes and communicates proposed enrollments to member schools via website/electronic mail
  • February 23- March 11, 2022- Appeals period opens for schools to review/correct enrollments (3 weeks)
    • APPEAL FORM
    • The OHSAA asks all schools to review and correct their data, if necessary. If no correction is needed, no further actions is required. We appreciate notification when numbers appear to be incorrect since this is part of our data integrity system.
  • March 11-18, 2022- OHSAA Office calculates governance classifications after accepted appeal updates
  • Late March 2022- Board of Directors approves final enrollments and classifications
    • OHSAA updates website with final enrollments and classifications (A,AA,AAA) and notifies schools

Believe who you want, but the OHSAA hasn't made the cutoffs yet. They might very well end up d6, IF the cutoff stays at 163, and IF your CB number stays at 2. If either one changes you are right on the line.
Enrollment will be in the 130’s this year maybe lower.