Eastern Buckeye Conference EBC 2021

Not at all. I was angry that an adult is calling the sophomore shortstop from Alliance a douche on the local sports page. And none of you thought that was wrong. BTW.....I'm from Austintown.
The shortstop from Alliance is a great player and great kid. The shortstop from Marlington, (that didn't even play), was not a class act. He only hit (0-3 3 groundouts) because of arm issues but I could still hear him chirping Rhodes from the dugout all game from way down the left field line. I just thought that was uncalled for but if you agree with that behavior Dilvan24 the I guess we just don't see eye to eye.

I live in Washingtonville, near Salem, and I like to follow them because my son played on the 99' district championship team. This team looks just as good if not better.

He is a really good shortstop too! Is he only a sophomore?
Yes he is a sophomore.
Also just putting this out there, the game is changing a lot. Every game I have been to has a lot of banter back and forth between teams. At first I was not a fan, but the more and more it happens I think I enjoy it. The energy that baseball is starting to have is awesome IMO. As long as it doesn’t get personal which I don’t think it has much this year. Watching players like Bruni and Rhodes get their teams fired up after big plays or innings makes this sport more enjoyable for everyone, especially the kids who this is about!!

Cameron Haynes is a sleeper this year.... kid has been absolutely chucking it this year and I still have yet to see him get recognized. Kid committed to a college for a reason, pounds the zone and has very good off speed.
Agree!! He looked great when I saw him.

Leave that between the kids! Weird you would feel the need to get involved.
As I believe it was handled by the kids. After the first day of the uncalled trash talk, Salem really put it to them in game two. Just as a fan I didn't like the impression I got from that kid knowing he is a great player too. Guys like him are people I want to root for and see do good, I am just not sure I can anymore.

Shame on you imalwaysright! Things like that should definitely not be said about children especially coming from adults! That’s ridiculous. Is there something seriously wrong with you?

Guys, please stop responding to the (majority) of people from Salem that post on yappi. There are 2 small groups of them on here. Some are current high school students. The other group is made up of recent high school graduates from Salem. The ones that have just recently graduated have close relatives who currently play for Salem. Please ignore anything that they say. They obviously have some growing up to do

Let’s get down to it. The slander of High School kids on here is insane. There are many levels of players. Not one of them deserves to get trash talked on yappi. Salem has had a very good season, West Branch has some nice players. Minervas pitching surprised me both kids threw very well. I haven’t seen Carrollton saw Marlington play Perry and they looked good then baseball happened, walks and errors kill ya. Skelding is Very good, can’t wait to watch him develop, Drew Denham is a good play who unfortunately has been batting injuries all season they miss his stick in the lineup. Now for my Aviators started slow, very slow, they have won 7-8 straight , Aviators where / are young

I’m obviously a little biased but Gavin Bruni has done exactly what he’s needed to do. Cam Haynes and Ty Young have been great additions to the staff. I think they had 3 varsity starts prior to the season. Eric Bennett is learning how to pitch and get outs as well. I’d like to add Ryan Bruni as a freshman catcher is more then holding his own calling the games for us. I said I was bias
I’ll say this not many teams will want to see Alliance as their first round tournament game

Bottom line Keep playing the game of baseball as long as you can whatever your level of skill is.
Let’s stop the trash talk of players

my user name is pretty obvious, and I never hide behind a keyboard.
Thanks for Reading
Dan Bruni

Let’s get down to it. The slander of High School kids on here is insane. There are many levels of players. Not one of them deserves to get trash talked on yappi. Salem has had a very good season, West Branch has some nice players. Minervas pitching surprised me both kids threw very well. I haven’t seen Carrollton saw Marlington play Perry and they looked good then baseball happened, walks and errors kill ya. Skelding is Very good, can’t wait to watch him develop, Drew Denham is a good play who unfortunately has been batting injuries all season they miss his stick in the lineup. Now for my Aviators started slow, very slow, they have won 7-8 straight , Aviators where / are young

I’m obviously a little biased but Gavin Bruni has done exactly what he’s needed to do. Cam Haynes and Ty Young have been great additions to the staff. I think they had 3 varsity starts prior to the season. Eric Bennett is learning how to pitch and get outs as well. I’d like to add Ryan Bruni as a freshman catcher is more then holding his own calling the games for us. I said I was bias
I’ll say this not many teams will want to see Alliance as their first round tournament game

Bottom line Keep playing the game of baseball as long as you can whatever your level of skill is.

Thanks for Reading
Dan Bruni
Fantastic post!!

Thanks for Reading
Dan Bruni
Great pitcher, Greater young man, great family,
Ryan is doing outstanding to.

Gosh, this rain is terrible. Bad time to start coming.

But the season is wrapping up, so that means time for EBC league teams. I am not sure how it works, or how many people get it but I am guessing just the 10 or 15 best players. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I would like to hear some of your guys real opinions. (Not those kids from Salem on this thread) So please give give me your guys thoughts and we can debate or do whatever with them.
Thank you!

Thanks for Reading
Dan Bruni
So Mr High and Mighty says something and the whole thread stops. Quakers are going to do some damage in the tournament! Lane is the player of the year heck of a season his stats are overwhelming

So Mr High and Mighty says something and the whole thread stops. Quakers are going to do some damage in the tournament! Lane is the player of the year heck of a season his stats are overwhelming
Agree! Lane has played great all year. And Salem should win the EBC.

Someone give me the run down on the Alliance vs Marlingotn game last night, please! Sounded like a good one. Dan I bet you were there if you could give me your opinion on it. Just wondering how they played and how everything unfolded.

Agree! Lane has played great all year. And Salem should win the EBC.

Someone give me the run down on the Alliance vs Marlingotn game last night, please! Sounded like a good one. Dan I bet you were there if you could give me your opinion on it. Just wondering how they played and how everything unfolded.
Skelding v Bruni pitching match up was great to watch. Two of the top arms in the state going at it. Basically this game came down to a throwing error by Alliance and Marlington capitalized on it.
Bruni worked out of a runner on 3rd no outs jam
And Skelding threw a huge slider down in a 3-1 count, got an out , then a ground ball to second to end an alliance threat in the 6th Aviators had runners on 1st n 2nd that inning with 1 out. The 3-1 slider was nasty ,if it was ball 4 Alliance could have had bases loaded . That pitch took some stones. Basically it was your typical Alliance v Marlington. 1v1 game

Aviator win the rematch 8-2 . Thanks to Mount Union for use of their turf field

and I’m pretty sure Salem clinched the league with Alliance win

congrats Salem

tournament time . Good luck to all EBC teams

So
Skelding v Bruni pitching match up was great to watch. Two of the top arms in the state going at it. Basically this game came down to a throwing error by Alliance and Marlington capitalized on it.
Bruni worked out of a runner on 3rd no outs jam
And Skelding threw a huge slider down in a 3-1 count, got an out , then a ground ball to second to end an alliance threat in the 6th Aviators had runners on 1st n 2nd that inning with 1 out. The 3-1 slider was nasty ,if it was ball 4 Alliance could have had bases loaded . That pitch took some stones. Basically it was your typical Alliance v Marlington. 1v1 game

Aviator win the rematch 8-2 . Thanks to Mount Union for use of their turf field

and I’m pretty sure Salem clinched the league with Alliance win

congrats Salem

tournament time . Good luck to all EBC teams
Sounds like a great game. Skelding is a great pitcher and has a chance to give Canfield a run for their money, kid is legit.

I was at the Salem v WB game last night so I'll give you the run down. First inning 2 outs guy on second and third, base hit to get him in. Next batter hits a chopper back to the pitcher and the pitcher sails it over the first basemen's head, as it can't get any worse, the guy on first goes all the way around to score and the guy who hit it goes to third. Then they over throw that and the batter scores. An inside the part HR from a hit back tot he pitcher. I will give WB credit they came right back and scored two runs in the bottom of the first. But my golly that had to be one of the worst defensive showings I have seen. 8 errors on some routine errors. Without the errors, it would have been closer, but without a doubt Salem was in control the whole game. Wilms kid threw a great game and I think Rhodes is getting the ball on senior night tonight. So that will also be a good showing. Cunningham vs Rhodes should be fun to watch, but I like Salems bats and Rhodes arm by a long shot. I think this one has a chance to get out of hand.

Another question for you guys on yappi, I for some reason don't remember watching Rick Mulinex play. Was he the real deal? I just saw he was first team all state in '97 and my son graduated in '99 so I should have seen him I just do not remember.
Please give feedback, thank you guys!

So

Sounds like a great game. Skelding is a great pitcher and has a chance to give Canfield a run for their money, kid is legit.

I was at the Salem v WB game last night so I'll give you the run down. First inning 2 outs guy on second and third, base hit to get him in. Next batter hits a chopper back to the pitcher and the pitcher sails it over the first basemen's head, as it can't get any worse, the guy on first goes all the way around to score and the guy who hit it goes to third. Then they over throw that and the batter scores. An inside the part HR from a hit back tot he pitcher. I will give WB credit they came right back and scored two runs in the bottom of the first. But my golly that had to be one of the worst defensive showings I have seen. 8 errors on some routine errors. Without the errors, it would have been closer, but without a doubt Salem was in control the whole game. Wilms kid threw a great game and I think Rhodes is getting the ball on senior night tonight. So that will also be a good showing. Cunningham vs Rhodes should be fun to watch, but I like Salems bats and Rhodes arm by a long shot. I think this one has a chance to get out of hand.

Another question for you guys on yappi, I for some reason don't remember watching Rick Mulinex play. Was he the real deal? I just saw he was first team all state in '97 and my son graduated in '99 so I should have seen him I just do not remember.
Please give feedback, thank you guys!
Asked a buddy from wb- I was told that mulinex was a great great player and athlete.

Who do you guys think are first team all conference players? Lets just name 12, 9 players, 2 extra pitchers, and a utility.
Help me out! Not sure on all names but I can remember certain guys.

Who do you guys think are first team all conference players? Lets just name 12, 9 players, 2 extra pitchers, and a utility.
Help me out! Not sure on all names but I can remember certain guys.
That's a great question but I can't really speak for other teams othr than Minerva but Salem's entire team looked good and obviously Rhodes for POTY, Bates from Alliance stood out and Haynes is a good pitcheer for them and of course Bruni is a no brainer for 1st team. Others to note are Cunnuniham and DeShieds at WB, Skelding and Dezenzo at Marlinton, Buxton at Carrollon and i don't know much about South.

I saw most of Minerva's home games. I don't know if they have any deserving 1st team honors but a few did stand out at times. Nick Lautzenhieser is a decent pitcher, he had some good outings this year and could be a good one next year.. Nolan Kibler was pretty consistant at plate, Jimmy Commons had some big hits for them and Eric Murray did look pretty good at the plate at times and all 3 can run pretty good. Evan Barnes also pitched a couple of good games. I didn't see any away games but those 4 or 5 may deserve post season league honors but i don't know about 1st team.

I don't know any stats- jsut watchting them play using the eye test as my only reference.

Well that wrapped up the EBC and like many of us thought, Salem ran away with it. 12-0 is really impressive especially in this league. Salem has great odds to make a good run in the tourney and Marlington has a better chance then you would think even with being on Canfield's side.

Dan, can you give us the low down on Alliance draw and odds to go deep?

I know Marlington, South, and Salem are still alive and WB is gone...anyone know anything about the other three? And did anyone make it out to any games?