Elder Basketball 2020-2021

This is the last post I'll make in here regarding this:

One, don't lump me in with Pboy. I respect his enthusiasm and loyalty to Elder but I'm not as deranged as he is.

Two, the reason your posts rub A LOT of people the wrong way, not just me and Pboy, is because you come off all holier than thou. You're not the smartest person on this board, as you seem to think and you most certainly are more wrong than right.

I've been on this board long enough that people respect what I have to say, and they also feel comfortable calling me out when they disagree.

You tend to take every slight you can at Elder whenever something negative happens, many times unfairly given you don't have enough knowledge to comment. You have proven time and again that you don't have much credibility and yet you still come on here acting like an insufferable know-it-all. So if you can't handle people come at you for the stupid things you say, you can either leave or put us on ignore. If not, then don't whine when others call your out for being a clown.
So...UCArch is just Trey, right? We can all safely make that conclusion?

One, don't lump me in with Pboy. I respect his enthusiasm and loyalty to Elder but I'm not as deranged as he is.

Two, the reason your posts rub A LOT of people the wrong way, not just me and Pboy, is because you come off all holier than thou. You're not the smartest person on this board, as you seem to think and you most certainly are more wrong than right.

I've been on this board long enough that people respect what I have to say, and they also feel comfortable calling me out when they disagree.

You tend to take every slight you can at Elder whenever something negative happens, many times unfairly given you don't have enough knowledge to comment. You have proven time and again that you don't have much credibility and yet you still come on here acting like an insufferable know-it-all. So if you can't handle people come at you for the stupid things you say, you can either leave or put us on ignore. If not, then don't whine when others call your out for being a clown.

That’s the thing, I rarely see anyone get attacked for legitimate criticism. And there is legitimate criticism with how Elder finished the game last week. However, that’s not the same as lying in wait so you can pounce on every single mistake, which is what he does.

This is an awesome and accurate post!

Get that last word in - again, no clue why my posts trigger you so much.

Confused - glad you’re moving on.

CV put a pretty good beating on an undefeated Mentor team. Have to think they’re going to be the favorites tomorrow night regardless of who wins the Ignatius vs West Cent game

Centerville wins state title.

Will be the favorite to repeat next year. This would be a great game to get on the schedule next year.

Elder should feel confident they can play with CV next yr. However, they have to make getting the ball to Browne in the post a priority. Relying on the 3 is a recipe to get bounced once you stop playing in HS gyms. It happens every yr, where these great shooting teams can’t adjust to the backdrops at UD, Cintas, or Value City Arena.

Centerville didn’t seem to have a problem with it.

Pboy is the leader of the Elder tough talkers and excuse makers. Elder will play the same style next year and when the season ends Pboy will say the same thing about the 3 point shooting as he did above.

Pboy is the leader of the Elder tough talkers and excuse makers. Elder will play the same style next year and when the season ends Pboy will say the same thing about the 3 point shooting as he did above.
WTF? I’m not making excuses, Elder lost bc they didn’t take care of the ball. There were preventable mistakes made by both the players and coaches, especially in the 3rd quarter. However, they still outplayed CV for 2.5 quarters.

And the 3 point shooting issue is legitimate. The announcers during the CV vs Mentor game even talked about it. Mentor was an even better shooting team than Elder and the backdrop clearly threw them off. Elder doesn’t have that excuse bc they played at Princeton.

Last edited:
Centerville was one of the best defensive teams in the tourney. That probably had more to do with it.

It’s hilarious how people think good shooting teams get “cold” when they play better competition. They don’t get cold, the other team makes it harder. That’s normal.

Less open shots, more pressure, better game planning. It’s not “the background”.

Centerville was one of the best defensive teams in the tourney. That probably had more to do with it.

It’s hilarious how people think good shooting teams get “cold” when they play better competition. They don’t get cold, the other team makes it harder. That’s normal.

Less open shots, more pressure, better game planning. It’s not “the background”.

Get Pboy talking about the Elder D. Look forward to those excuses ??‍♂️

Get Pboy talking about the Elder D. Look forward to those excuses ??‍♂️
They gave up 52 points, and that’s padded by fouling late to extend the game. They didn’t lose bc of bad D, they lost bc they got rattled and couldn’t hang on to the ball.

I resent the implication that I’m carrying water or making excuses. I might not be so blunt about my criticisms but I’m not a homer. Centerville will be a more talented team than Elder next year and a favorite to win state. However, in a one game winner take all scenario, Elder could certainly beat CV.

Last edited:
They gave up 52 points, and that’s padded by fouling late to extend the game. They didn’t lose bc of bad D, they lost bc they got rattled and couldn’t hang on to the ball.

I resent the implication that I’m carrying water or making excuses. I might not be so blunt about my criticisms but I’m not a homer. Centerville will be a more talented team than Elder next year and a favorite to win state. However, in a one game winner take all scenario, Elder could certainly beat CV.

Agreed. If you ask everyone on Elder's team from the starters to the coaches to the trainers, to a man they know they missed a chance to at least play Moeller. They all know they had a team capable of winning state. But there is also luck involved. CV banking threes in, a couple bad calls, a couple uncharacteristic turnovers, a couple missed adjustments, any of us can find 10 quick points to overcome the CV loss difference. These moments were not just Elders though. CV's House hitting a 28 footer to put them ahead of Moeller with 12 seconds left and then CV having fouls to give was huge. Moeller having the last foul called on the floor when Duncomb was about to send CV home was huge. And finally, CV didn't score the last 3 minutes of the championship and were lucky they had fouls to give to help grind out the last few seconds. There is luck in every championship run.

I'm going to focus on the positives. It was a great season. 20 wins. Co-GCL Champs. District title. That's only happened what? 3 or 4 times in the last 30 years? And they did it all with feeder kids. Those boys represented us well on and off the court. They gave us everything they had.

Altiora

Agreed. If you ask everyone on Elder's team from the starters to the coaches to the trainers, to a man they know they missed a chance to at least play Moeller. They all know they had a team capable of winning state. But there is also luck involved. CV banking threes in, a couple bad calls, a couple uncharacteristic turnovers, a couple missed adjustments, any of us can find 10 quick points to overcome the CV loss difference. These moments were not just Elders though. CV's House hitting a 28 footer to put them ahead of Moeller with 12 seconds left and then CV having fouls to give was huge. Moeller having the last foul called on the floor when Duncomb was about to send CV home was huge. And finally, CV didn't score the last 3 minutes of the championship and were lucky they had fouls to give to help grind out the last few seconds. There is luck in every championship run.

I'm going to focus on the positives. It was a great season. 20 wins. Co-GCL Champs. District title. That's only happened what? 3 or 4 times in the last 30 years? And they did it all with feeder kids. Those boys represented us well on and off the court. They gave us everything they had.

Altiora

That doesn't matter, all that matters is the kids are at Elder. We've got to get rid of this narrative, it does not help Elder or the athletic program. The numbers in the traditional feeder schools are not there to keep both enrollment strong and the athletic program competitive.

Wow! Pboy going crazy on being the top Elder homer and excuse maker. Truly pathetic!

Good luck to all the Senior Elder Basketball players in their future endeavors.

That doesn't matter, all that matters is the kids are at Elder. We've got to get rid of this narrative, it does not help Elder or the athletic program. The numbers in the traditional feeder schools are not there to keep both enrollment strong and the athletic program competitive.

I have to agree with PBoy here. I'm sure there is a certain sense of pride that the kids are from the traditional feeder schools and likely coached and developed by former Elder players/coaches. I feel the same in saying Elder won with "our guys". But that thought process needs to change with the shrinking of the feeder schools. Athletic success should be a goal, because it it not only teaches kids how to win in life but it's good for school spirit and gives good recognition to the school. This attracts more students to the school and increases enrollment. Elder is going to have to expand their reach in the coming years in order to maintain athletic success in the big sports football, basketball, baseball. The other sports will also be impacted if enrollment numbers trend lower in the future.

I’ll never understand the fascination with constantly trying to prove people wrong with feeder kids, as if they’re some sort of constant underdog, and it’s more special when they accomplish something.

There’s no reason this program can’t be a consistent top 5 program in the city. I don’t know why people constantly play the underdog card with it. You’re selling them short.