WW coaching search!

I do realize that but you know Parker and his staff worked the elementary kids and middle school kids.
We'll see they've been avg. for decades, I can see WW flourishing more then I can see Princeton taking that next step of dominance in Cincy.

Much harder to be good in D1/GMC than it is in D2/ECC/FAVC/whatever other leagues WW has been in.
WW was playing a heavy D1 type schedule playing a Independent schedule for a few years. Even competing and beating GCL South Teams! I mean Parker knows what’s to be done

Actually Parker never coached in the FAVC. He was playing at Ohio University late ‘90’s/ early 2000’s

I believe the last season of the old FAVC was 2011-2012. The SWOC and ECC's first year was 2012-2013. So from 2012 to 2019 WW played a really tough schedule. Often times it was rated as one the toughest by the Fantastic 50 website, regardless of division.

I believe the last season of the old FAVC was 2011-2012. The SWOC and ECC's first year was 2012-2013. So from 2012 to 2019 WW played a really tough schedule. Often times it was rated as one the toughest by the Fantastic 50 website, regardless of division.
You may be right. I’m getting older, my memory is fading a bit. He definitely was a D coordinator in the FAVC Maybe one year as a Head Coach in the FAVC as I believe he took over head coach in 2010?

Lmao Mr. Mustache!!

1) Parker was HC for two seasons (10-11 and 11-12) before FAVC disbanded after the 2011-2012 season. WW was the only school (at the time) not invited to be part of either the ECC or the SWOC. One could argue that WW has been part of the GCL-South for the last 8 seasons. Only things missing at WW were the Cross on the top of the doorway or the weekly services. Parker managed to guide teams that defeated a lot of big well funded and "Name Brand" schools.. not just in Cinci... but in other states. He has the chops. I would also argue that Princeton (and most of the GMC schools) have a much deeper pot of money than WW for anything he would need. This has always been the case. WW has little in the way of commercial tax base.

If Parker could still win against much better funded programs.... I think he will be fine.

2) Channel would be a poor fit at WW. His choice to ditch the shorts in favor of long pants cost Edgewood the state title in 2003. Totally convinced of that.

1) Parker was HC for two seasons (10-11 and 11-12) before FAVC disbanded after the 2011-2012 season. WW was the only school (at the time) not invited to be part of either the ECC or the SWOC. One could argue that WW has been part of the GCL-South for the last 8 seasons. Only things missing at WW were the Cross on the top of the doorway or the weekly services. Parker managed to guide teams that defeated a lot of big well funded and "Name Brand" schools.. not just in Cinci... but in other states. He has the chops. I would also argue that Princeton (and most of the GMC schools) have a much deeper pot of money than WW for anything he would need. This has always been the case...

2) Channel would be a poor fit at WW.
Great post

Thanks WB :) I also added that Channel's choice to wear long pants in the second half of the 2003 title game cost Edgewood the crown. I was there. Wimp. Wasn't that cold. (Channel has been known to be very superstitious).

As for the 10 candidates, the one chosen will be the one that best buys into the philosophy of the Supt. and principal. While this is always the case,
I doubt it will be a current WW staff member or coach.

If "Taft" is part of this new coach's resume, nobody should be shocked. This is actually how a lot of education jobs are filled from teacher to supt... who you know. This new coach will almost certainly have a prior relationship with the WW high command. Not always on talent, coaching strategies, or success at previous programs. (Of course, that is ALWAYS given as the reason.. not "Hey I know the guy.. he's cool")

To be clear, I am NOT saying that the guy you know would be a bad choice... but it will way heavily in this process. IMO.

Again, WW (in this new league) will instantly be competitive and should win 6 games a year forever (In fact, I think WW has won 6 games a year for a very long time now). You don't need a big name to achieve success with what has been long established at WW.

We may be asking "Who is that" when this coach is announced.

Last edited:
We'll see they've been avg. for decades, I can see WW flourishing more then I can see Princeton taking that next step of dominance in Cincy.

Perhaps. The GMC kind of cannibalizes itself since they all play each other and largely (outside of Colerain and Middletown/Oak Hills) all finish within a game of 5-5 pretty much year in and year out. With only 2 OOC games a year, it sort of makes it tough to break out when 3 of the 8 spots are going to be coming out of the GCL-South. Any GMC team finishing 0-2 entering league play is done for. (Unless you are Colerain).

-------------------------------

WW, barring a catastrophe, should finish 7-8 wins for the forseeable future. But again, $$ will play a much bigger role down the line.

WW enters as the least affluent school in this league (Walnut Hills draws from the entire city but is very unique in that it is really the best of the best of CPS).

Some might say that $$ doesn't matter, but it does.

I would argue that Mason is competitive or dominates in most sports in the GMC (they even beat WW in football in 2015) and Middletown struggls in everything.. and has for years. (Although they have a beautiful gym!) Just something to keep in mind.

Taxpayers in WW are tapped out too. New school is beautiful.... but the wallet is running low.

Last edited:
Perhaps. The GMC kind of cannibalizes itself since they all play each other and largely (outside of Colerain and Middletown/Oak Hills) all finish within a game of 5-5 pretty much year in and year out. With only 2 OOC games a year, it sort of makes it tough to break out when 3 of the 8 spots are going to be coming out of the GCL-South. Any GMC team finishing 0-2 entering league play is done for. (Unless you are Colerain).

-------------------------------

WW, barring a catastrophe, should finish 7-8 wins for the forseeable future. But again, $$ will play a much bigger role down the line.

WW enters as the least affluent school in this league (Walnut Hills draws from the entire city but is very unique in that it is really the best of the best of CPS).

Some might say that $$ doesn't matter, but it does.

I would argue that Mason is competitive or dominates in most sports in the GMC (they even beat WW in football in 2015) and Middletown struggls in everything.. and has for years. (Although they have a beautiful gym!) Just something to keep in mind.

Taxpayers in WW are tapped out too. New school is beautiful.... but the wallet is running low.
Tax base does not play a prominent role in football success if that was the case Colerain would never win and Lakota(s), Forest Hill districts would be dominant. What does matter is the pipeline from where these kids come from and I'll argue that the little Warriors(rams) is as strong as any in the city.

Tax base does not play a prominent role in football success if that was the case Colerain would never win and Lakota(s), Forest Hill districts would be dominant. What does matter is the pipeline from where these kids come from and I'll argue that the little Warriors(rams) is as strong as any in the city.
They do have a strong feeder program probably the best in the city , hopefully lil Vikes continue to build and I heard the LH tigers are re starting their program up which bolds well for the Vikes