20-21 Federal League Basketball

It was very close. I was hoping Hoover would have a copy of the live stream up so it could be looked at, but I'm unable to find it.
Big time sports will show replays and yes his foot goes over the line what I don't know if Hoover touched the ball

Talked to a Green fan who admittedly is biased. Question: Was that an obvious over and back violation or questionable?
I was watching the Live Stream. It was definitely close. Close enough for a ref to call it also. I don’t think you make that call if you have any doubt, but I obviously can’t speak for the ref.
Kinsley was upset, but appeared to more upset that the ref made that call in that situation, not that it was the wrong call.

Interesting, if that is indeed how it would be ruled, I don’t think he reestablished possession in the front court, which would then negate the over and back?

Mack can you post that clip in Ask the Ref? I’d like to see what they say.

Based on the examples below, it appears that the referee had to determine when control of the ball was established.

Play 2 - Team A has possession of the ball in its front court and B1 deflects the ball toward the division line. A1 attempts to secure control of the ball and steps into the backcourt before touching or gaining control of the ball which is still bouncing in the front court.
RULING - This is not a backcourt violation even though A1 touched the ball before it had gained back court status. Legal play. Rules 9-12.5, 9-12.3.a and 9-12.4.
Play 3 - Team A has possession of the ball in its front court and B1 deflects the ball. A1 recovers the ball and establishes player control on the playing court while still in the front court. A1 then steps into the backcourt.
RULING - Backcourt violation. Rules 9-12.5, 9-12.6, 9-12.4 and A.R. 228.

Typically the tournament, especially with Super Districts, is a time where you play some teams you don’t typically or traditionally play.

Here is Hoover’s tournament journey with opponent listed and the number of times that Hoover ended up playing each team this year.
Lake(3), Boardman(2), Green(3), and McKinley(3).

I don't think there's any doubt Hoover tipped the ball away from Green. But the ball didn't go across the line. The Green player seemed to re-establish possession before his momentum took his foot over the line. I stand with the ref.
I agree with Mackinbiners post. He seemed to re-establish possession the step over.

Talked to a Green fan who admittedly is biased. Question: Was that an obvious over and back violation or questionable?
Very questionable. Hard to tell exactly when he regained possession of the ball I'm not saying the ref is wrong, but I'm surprised that he made the call at that point in the game when it was so close.

Sponsored by our friends at Spectrum Orthopaedics - Ohio Specialty Surgery Suites

Your home for Stark County ? Big Time Sports!

Did you miss the game Tuesday?

Now you can watch Hoover vs. Green Northeast 2 D1 District Semi-Final!

?Joe Dunn & Troy Richardson

Sarchione Ford Of Randolph POTG: Brock Henne

Watch the game with the controversial call and Brock Henne’s half court shot here

While it takes the entire ball and both feet to cross into the front court to establish entry into the front court then, just as any other boundary on the court, if any part of the ball or player touch the half court line then it is considered a violation and the ball is turned over to the other team.

Sponsored by our friends at Spectrum Orthopaedics - Ohio Specialty Surgery Suites

Your home for Stark County ? Big Time Sports!

Did you miss the game Tuesday?

Now you can watch Hoover vs. Green Northeast 2 D1 District Semi-Final!

?Joe Dunn & Troy Richardson

Sarchione Ford Of Randolph POTG: Brock Henne

Watch the game with the controversial call and Brock Henne’s half court shot here
So are we getting Hoover-Mckinley on TV?