GCL Co-Ed 2020-21

GCL schools should be successful in tourney. When you are drawing kids from multiple schools districts you should have success. I am not bashing GCL schools or saying they cheat, but let's be honest, they have some advantages.
I don’t see where this is relevant. No one is not enrolling in Turpin, Anderson, West Clermont (well maybe WC) Milford, Walnut Hills to play boys basketball at McNick. Actually if the player thinks he has a future playing basketball he’s more likely to go to Moeller or X from these schools and the Catholic feeder grade schools in these districts.

Last edited:
Two GCL matchups to go to the district championships: McNick vs. Fenwick and CJ vs. Alter. I think both of these could come down to the wire.

I don’t see where this is relevant. No one is not enrolling in Turpin, Anderson, West Clermont (well maybe WC) Milford, Walnut Hills to play boys basketball at McNick. Actually if the player thinks he has a future playing basketball he’s more likely to go to Moeller or X from these schools and the Catholic feeder grade schools in these districts.

The difference is discipline (all day long) and physicality.

Eagles win round 3. 69-60 sounds a lot closer than it was. Eagles had it under control all game. Congrats to Coach Szabo. They play the winner of Woodward and Wyoming it sounds like.

Can someone give me a rundown of what happened here?
This same Dunbar team beat Trotwood at Trotwood w/o most of their transfers.
Although Trotwood has a solid team this year they’re not the same dominant team as in years past they can be beat but you still have to play your best game to beat them as was the case with Dunbar and they had the talent however, they have a group of guys that aren’t used to success and a first year coach so that regular season win was their “super bowl” but in reality a stepping stone win for their program. Tournament time is a different level everything goes up a notch this version of Dunbar was not ready for that and playing Cogan an experienced, seasoned state championship winning coach and his Carroll pack-line defense is a tough draw for an inexperienced coach and team.

I’m not sure anyone in the state plays D like the rockets. This team reminds me of some of the LaSalle teams under Fleming. Just flat out guard you.

McNick did play Taft early in the year and lost by 2. Were hammered by CovCath late in the year.
Aren't all of the tourney draws at the same time? Maybe just wanted to stay away from another league school. Fenwick jumped into their sectional bracket.

McNicholas and CJ in the regionals... CJ is loaded right now and I don't see who will stop them. With the Cincy city teams out now; I think this region is wide open for anyone to claim. However, STVM and Lima Shawnee will blow the doors off whoever makes it out.

McNicholas and CJ in the regionals... CJ is loaded right now and I don't see who will stop them. With the Cincy city teams out now; I think this region is wide open for anyone to claim. However, STVM and Lima Shawnee will blow the doors off whoever makes it out.
Only problem with that is SVSM and Shawnee are paired in the state semis.

Mcnick has to beat Trotwood to get to the regionals.

Irwin20 and Reggie must be feeling good right now, McNick probably will be the favorite to reach state after this performance

SW DII sure got a lot of parochial flavor as Watterson gets the Columbus slot. Tipp got a taste of that vs Carroll. Should be some tight, physical games.

SW DII sure got a lot of parochial flavor as Watterson gets the Columbus slot. Tipp got a taste of that vs Carroll. Should be some tight, physical games.
McNick v Watterson. Wow at one time Watterson was 3-14, #13 seed now 9-14. Hopefully the Rockets can end this Cinderella run.

McNick v Watterson. Wow at one time Watterson was 3-14, #13 seed now 9-14. Hopefully the Rockets can end this Cinderella run.
Rooting for the Rockets. Did they know how good they were going to be start of the season? They have had fantastic year!