Pope: The 2nd Great Flood is coming because of climate change

Give us your liberty in the name of Gaia.
This Pope is the worst.
So the Pope doesn’t even believe the Bible.. God said he would never flood the world again... But I guess man is god now.. so god man will flood the world according to the heretical Pope.

This Pope is the worst.
So the Pope doesn’t even believe the Bible.. God said he would never flood the world again... But I guess man is god now.. so god man will flood the world according to the heretical Pope.
Ha ha. I guess he thinks rainbows are just pretty things in the sky.

Popes, Cardinals, Bishops etc are experts on church doctrine but know next to nothing about what the bible actually says.

Over the years I've often felt ambivalent or even sad about being a lapsed Catholic. There is much to admire about the faith. But after seeing this pope wade into the Global Warming debate my sadness has vanished. The Catholic doctrine on the Pope has always been a major issue for me. This only reminds me what my concerns are based on.

This Pope is the worst.
Hes a liberal hack.

Over the years I've often felt ambivalent or even sad about being a lapsed Catholic. There is much to admire about the faith. But after seeing this pope wade into the Global Warming debate my sadness has vanished. The Catholic doctrine on the Pope has always been a major issue for me. This only reminds me what my concerns are based on.
He waded into open borders and economic policy as well.

The doctrine I think you are referring to only involves matters of the Catholic faith and Church. He can believe whatever he wants about the climate, that is not a sanctioned Church position.

The doctrine I think you are referring to only involves matters of the Catholic faith and Church. He can believe whatever he wants about the climate, that is not a sanctioned Church position.
But can he believe something that is strongly in opposition to what the Bible says on an issue?

Can he determine God was wrong?

Does the Pope know more than God?

If the Pope believes a second great flood is coming he is calling God out as a liar as God said the next time the world is destroyed it would be by fire, not water. And as mentioned above God put a rainbow in the sky as a token of the promise never to destroy the earth by flood again.

So the Pope can say what he wants, but as a believer in the Bible, I'm going with God on this one.

Fair point but this is real close to the line particularly with a reference to Noah's flood.