Are you a true West Sider??

I don't think parking was the issue. I think the internet was the issue lol
Most people I know that have bought TVs in the last few years have gone to Target over Best Buy. I have bought from both. Can’t imagine buying a TV without seeing it in person.

I actually bought my last tv from Best Buy. However I went in there about a year ago to buy a wireless router and they did not have any, which I found inexplicable for a store like that to not have anything stock. Went to Staples and they had like ten to choose from. Never went to Best Buy again

Staples has a far better selection of office supplies and computers, and Walmart/Target have tvs covered. So there's no need for Best Buy

The demise of the Watermill is approaching. Word is It will be replaced by a Sonic.

The Watermill Inn was located on Harrison Avenue close to the Dirty Dent Drive In correct? I remember going to a lot of wedding receptions there during the 80's -90's. I always like the large bar and great atmosphere. Another landmark bites the dust.

The Sonic on the Eastside (by Eastgate Mall) is always busy. I do not like eating food in my car so I have never tried Sonics, but alot of folks do like it there even in the snow.

I was in Best Buy about a month ago, and asked an employee why the closing. He replied it was completely the landlord who was wanting too much rent. He continued by saying since there is a Best Buy in Northgate and in Florence, they opted out because this area is right in the middle of those two stores.

The Watermill Inn was located on Harrison Avenue close to the Dirty Dent Drive In correct? I remember going to a lot of wedding receptions there during the 80's -90's. I always like the large bar and great atmosphere. Another landmark bites the dust.

I think you are talking about the Twin Lanterns which was the reception hall down near where the Dirty Dent was. The Water Mill Inn was a restaurant across the street from where KMart was.

Spoiler alert: Twin Lanterns has already been torn down. By the end of this week or early next week, there should be no sign it ever existed.

Spoiler alert: Twin Lanterns has already been torn down. By the end of this week or early next week, there should be no sign it ever existed.
Too bad. 1820's stagecoach stop, inn and tavern, became a 1920's speakeasy and club and finally a banquet hall. There is way too much of this tearing down of historic buildings on the westside. From the Gamble House (that was not our fault as we tried to keep it) to the Wagon Wheel, the old Victorian House at Schiff and Glenway and many, many others. Thank God the cluster of old buildings near Elder has been saved with its conversion to a brewery/restaurant pending.

Anyone know what's going on with that Dink's Turn-around (I think that's what it's called) at West 8th and Nebraska? I assume the pandemic threw a major wrench into their plans, but hoping it didn't completely kill them. Was really looking forward to a place like that...

Bump

@EHS 2001 Thinking you might know if you maybe didn't see this

Too bad. 1820's stagecoach stop, inn and tavern, became a 1920's speakeasy and club and finally a banquet hall. There is way too much of this tearing down of historic buildings on the westside. From the Gamble House (that was not our fault as we tried to keep it) to the Wagon Wheel, the old Victorian House at Schiff and Glenway and many, many others. Thank God the cluster of old buildings near Elder has been saved with its conversion to a brewery/restaurant pending.

This is the first I've heard of this. Have any more info on that? Always nice to see more things like this happening on the westside.

Most people I know that have bought TVs in the last few years have gone to Target over Best Buy. I have bought from both. Can’t imagine buying a TV without seeing it in person.
Both of our TVs have been bought online and the one we've had for about 6 years and the other, bigger, one we've had for about 2 or 3 years. Both have always worked great and have good picture quality.

This is the first I've heard of this. Have any more info on that? Always nice to see more things like this happening on the westside.
It's called Verge Brewing. Here's a WCPO story from a year ago today: https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-new...nt-will-breathe-new-life-into-west-price-hill

However, I saw this post on their Facebook page which says "We're getting closer to our dream of opening the next great craft brewery in Cincinnati! We've identified a few prime locations on the westside and will be making a choice soon. " So maybe they won't be across from Elder?

Both of our TVs have been bought online and the one we've had for about 6 years and the other, bigger, one we've had for about 2 or 3 years. Both have always worked great and have good picture quality.
I don’t doubt that. It’s not a question of quality. I want to compare picture characteristics with my own eyes. I am not depending on internet reviews to select a TV. To each his own.

I happened to be at Veterans Park today and got some photos of what's left of Twin Lanterns.

Attachments

• IMG_0739.JPEG
    IMG_0739.JPEG
    370.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0740.JPEG
    IMG_0740.JPEG
    245.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0741.JPEG
    IMG_0741.JPEG
    368.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0742.JPEG
    IMG_0742.JPEG
    321.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0743.JPEG
    IMG_0743.JPEG
    269.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0744.JPEG
    IMG_0744.JPEG
    299.4 KB · Views: 27
I think you are talking about the Twin Lanterns which was the reception hall down near where the Dirty Dent was. The Water Mill Inn was a restaurant across the street from where KMart was.
Thank You PantherVor for the clarification. I totally got those two places mixed up. Both the Water Mill and the Twin Lanterns were great establishments of their time. I have fond memories from both of them.

At least the Old Dent School House is still standing!;)