Kyle Rudolph!

warriorblue

He is continuing to make a difference in society. The things he is doing up in Minneapolis will go far in helping people to understand and help fight against social injustice! Im sure the majority of Elder nation is very proud.

He is continuing to make a difference in society. The things he is doing up in Minneapolis will go far in helping people to understand and help fight against social injustice! Im sure the majority of Elder nation is very proud.
What did he do? Are there any links to read or look up? Great to hear!

By the time the Minnesota Vikings tight end drove around Monday to look for places in need of organized clean-up efforts after looting and riots took place throughout the Twin Cities following George Floyd's death, the 30-year-old witnessed his favorite element of the community he's been a part of for the past nine years.

With broken glass and debris already cleaned up, the efforts to rebuild were underway. So when Rudolph pivoted to the idea of an essential-goods drive to benefit residents such as a woman named Stephanie, whose TV interview went viral after most of the stores near her home were destroyed, he chose to go to the area affected the most.

Amid burned buildings and shopping centers shut down because of excessive damage, Rudolph held a donation drive on Friday in the parking lot of a now-closed Cub Foods near East Lake Street and Hiawatha Avenue in Minneapolis where residents from the surrounding area could receive nonperishable food and other essential items.

Thanks for sharing. Elder is VERY proud. Even more so of his off the field work than his on the field work. He has the financial means and a platform to make a difference, and he continues to do so time and time again.

I just saw this on ESPN.com talking about potential free agents this coming year. Man I would love to see the Bengals sign a veteran tight end like Kyle who can block as well as catch. He makes some clutch catches. Would love to see Joe Burrow throw to him and have him block for Burrow.

Minnesota Vikings
Tight end Kyle Rudolph

A couple of weeks ago, the veteran tight end stated on a podcast that he wasn't open to the idea of restructuring his contract for the 2021 season and that he "couldn't sign up" for the type of role he has played in the offense over the past two years, which saw his targets dwindle as he was no longer a top red zone threat. Rudolph has been a staple in Minnesota since 2011, but a split would do both parties a world of good. The Vikings could save up to $8 million against the cap, depending on when he is released, and Rudolph, 31, would get a chance to finish out his career in an offense that could utilize him beyond his ability to block. -- Courtney Cronin

From what I've been told, Kyle would NOT play for the Bengals.

He wants to find an organization that truly wants to WIN.
Good for him. Truly a classy guy and hopefully he gets on that winning team.

Now, one thing to think about, while I don't know the details of his release and/or contract, if the Bengals are the only team to offer him, it's hard to turn down NFL guaranteed money when you still have the desire to play, even when it's a joke of an organization.

Reactions: 4GX
From what I've been told, Kyle would NOT play for the Bengals.

He wants to find an organization that truly wants to WIN.
He’s at the tail end of his career. I’m sure he wants a ring more than $ at this point. Not sure which contending team really needs a TE. Possibly the Rams? The Dolphins could also use a TE.

The Bengals are expected to be very active in free agency. They have the 7th most cap space around $37 million. They will be looking at offensive line of course, and I think TE could be a target for them. C.J. Uzomah will be coming off a torn achilles and is in the final year of his 3 year deal due to make $4 million. With Drew Sample having a decent season filling in, the Bengals could potentially part ways with Uzomah. I think Rudolph has 2-3 solid years left in him. I think he would be an upgrade over Drew Sample. They can release Uzomah. Bring in Rudolph as the starting TE. He can mentor Sample for a couple years. Taylor would be interested in bringing Rudolph in for his blocking(that was a big reason they drafted Sample in the first place) and Rudolph would be a big upgrade receiving over Sample.

I think initially Rudolph was not interested in the Bengals, but I think at this point the Bengals are seen as an up and comer team with Burrow at QB. Once they strengthen the offensive line this off season, they can be an immediate playoff contender. The Bengals don't use their TE in the offense as much as a team like Tampa Bay, but I still think it would be a good fit for Rudolph if the Bengals are willing to pay him. It would give him a chance to move back to the area closer to his family too.

I’d be shocked if Rudolph went to Bengals. He’s not that dumb.

Id also be shocked if Burrow is ready week 1. There’s just no point in rushing him back. But the Bengals are that dumb.

I see it as a long shot also. It depends on how much interest Rudolph gets from other teams. If the Bengals want him and give him a fair offer, I think you could see him in Bengal stripes. Before Burrow, I would have said no way, but Burrow is that good he could attract a big name like Rudolph.

He’s at the tail end of his career. I’m sure he wants a ring more than $ at this point. Not sure which contending team really needs a TE. Possibly the Rams? The Dolphins could also use a TE.
Rams have Higbee and Everett. Dolphins have Gesicki. Cardinals could be an option? Maybe the Bills?

Anywhere he goes I would assume he is looking for a spot where he can be used as a receiver option with more frequency then this year. On the podcast he was very clear on the imbalance of blocking snaps versus targets.

Are Green Bay or Seattle in the market for a TE? I know Rodgers and Wilson are both not all that happy in their current spots, but I highly doubt either move. Taking Tampa and KC off the table due to them having their TEs locked up - Buffalo, Pittsburgh or Tennessee could be good landing spots in the AFC. Green Bay, Seattle, or Arizona would be good ones in the NFC.

Green Bay would be my first choice if I were him. Some of you guys are ruling out the Bengals, having Burrow at QB would certainly be a good thing for him. The Bengals do need help at TE. Another thing too, bash the Bengals and some of it is deserved, but it’s not like the last 3-4 years he’s been used correctly by the Vikings. They’ve almost put him on the back burner it seems

Green Bay would be my first choice if I were him. Some of you guys are ruling out the Bengals, having Burrow at QB would certainly be a good thing for him. The Bengals do need help at TE. Another thing too, bash the Bengals and some of it is deserved, but it’s not like the last 3-4 years he’s been used correctly by the Vikings. They’ve almost put him on the back burner it seems
I did forget Tonyan from the Packers had a great year, but they've been trying to run the ball more as Rodgers has gotten older - they've also dipped into older TEs more than a few times in the recent past, Martellus Bennet, Jimmy Graham, Mercedes Lewis, etc.

Green Bay also drafted UC's Josiah Deguara in the third round last year. He had one catch in week 1 against the Vikings and then tore his ACL in week 4.

Green Bay also drafted UC's Josiah Deguara in the third round last year. He had one catch in week 1 against the Vikings and then tore his ACL in week 4.

He got hurt so early in the year so I'm unsure of how they planned to use him throughout the season but I thought he was used more of a utility combo FB/TE? Maybe there is room for Rudolph with that in mind.

He got hurt so early in the year so I'm unsure of how they planned to use him throughout the season but I thought he was used more of a utility combo FB/TE? Maybe there is room for Rudolph with that in mind.
Watching for a few years at UC, I think he could've eventually worked his way into a bigger role as a true pass-catching TE. Although, he's a bit "small" for an NFL TE.

He is such an incredibly classy guy. I have always thought that about him, even when I coached against him when he was a senior in high school and I was a first year coach just out of college. I remember vividly that defensively, our #1 goal was to shut him down; and we took our strongest, most athletic player and told him to not let him breathe. Kyle made our guy look like PeeWee football player out there. That was the first time I saw a player in person as a coach and knew without a doubt, he was going to be in the NFL.

They would love to have him in Buffalo. If you saw the Bills playoff games you couldn't help but notice they don't have much in the way of TE's.

And isn't Eric Wood good friends with Rudolph? Wood does the color commentary for Bills radio broadcasts (he's their Dave Lapham). Buffalo is a valid Super Bowl contender and Rudolph would fit right into their culture.

They would love to have him in Buffalo. If you saw the Bills playoff games you couldn't help but notice they don't have much in the way of TE's.

And isn't Eric Wood good friends with Rudolph? Wood does the color commentary for Bills radio broadcasts (he's their Dave Lapham). Buffalo is a valid Super Bowl contender and Rudolph would fit right into their culture.

if I were him Buffalo would be my first choice.