2021 Club Volleyball Season

ElderMackStud

Good news, it appears that the tournaments are going full force for the girls this season but with mix approaches to spectators. Have heard that some stay to play tourneys in Jan/Feb are not allowing spectators other than just two parents - one to line judge and the other to keep score. Only way to watch is via Ballertv.

Good news, it appears that the tournaments are going full force for the girls this season but with mix approaches to spectators. Have heard that some stay to play tourneys in Jan/Feb are not allowing spectators other than just two parents - one to line judge and the other to keep score. Only way to watch is via Ballertv.

I have been out of the JO circuit for a couple of years but the players use to always ref and score; never parents. Has something changed?

I have been out of the JO circuit for a couple of years but the players use to always ref and score; never parents. Has something changed?
Nothing's changed that I'm aware of. Our daughter just completed her mandatory JO Official training classes. 2-day tournament upcoming in Cincinnati calls for players to do all the scoring, line judge, and R2.

Nothing worse than having to stick around and watch your kid ref a championship game after dropping a tough 3 setter in the semis at the end of a long day in a convo center.

The St Louis President's Day tournament is not allowing fans other than two parents/volunteers to line judge and keep the score/book.

Talked with a buddy who's daughter is playing up in Northern Ohio this weekend. The girls are not keeping score/line judging - they will be parent volunteers. They are are allowing 2 spectators per player.

Looks like a move in a positive direction - last weekend, Indy increased the number of people allowed in the facility to 35 from 25 per team. This weekend, St Louis is allowing ten parents to watch the game