D VI State Championship: Coldwater (11-0) vs New Middletown Springfield (11-0)

Who wins

• Coldwater

Votes: 87 77.7%
  • Springfield

Votes: 25 22.3%

• Total voters
YSN will be on the call today. It's a Springfield broadcast so there is a little natural bias. SPRINGFIELD – Your Sports Network (ysnlive.com)

SPRING AD.png

Then I guess NSML will have to channel Kirtland or Columbus Grove! :)

I'm trying to watch the D4 game here. :)

My theory on Kirtland's 2-1 series edge on MSML is the Hornets purposely lost to Cuyahoga in 2016 just to avoid ending up with a 50/50 split in the series with MSML. In my mind it's a 2-2 split with Kirtland. That's my story and I'm sticking to it

My theory on Kirtland's 2-1 series edge on MSML is the Hornets purposely lost to Cuyahoga in 2016 just to avoid ending up with a 50/50 split in the series with MSML. In my mind it's a 2-2 split with Kirtland. That's my story and I'm sticking to it
I miss playing you guys in MAC country. You know what, I’ll let you have that 2-2 split just because! ?
In all honesty, CH had our number that year. Far more physical than us & a fantastic defense. ML would have rolled us much like 2017 if we ran into one another in 16. I expect you guys to be better than ever next year!

I miss playing you guys in MAC country. You know what, I’ll let you have that 2-2 split just because! ?
In all honesty, CH had our number that year. Far more physical than us & a fantastic defense. ML would have rolled us much like 2017 if we ran into one another in 16. I expect you guys to be better than ever next year!

Hopefully we'll match up again some day. Not sure we would have done real well against the Hornets this year. Congrats on another title!

I don't know how much the weather will affect this game but otherwise I was thinking it may be a track meet. Hopefully this game will be as entertaining as the last two were. Cavs are always a tough out. Hopefully the Tigers' D can hang enough to make this a game.

Good luck to both teams.

Go Tigers!

First quarter down and I gotta say, Coldwater doesn't look excited to be there at all. Springfield has energy and is being more physical. I'm surprised that the Coldwater runs were as ineffective as they were. It looked like on some plays the rushers didn't even follow their blockers, while on others their blockers just got walloped. Credit to the Springfield d-line and linebackers, they're looking tough early on.

Coldwater found their footing in the 2Q and kept this really good Springfield offense on the sidelines. Coldwater had been pretty shaky passing the ball. Lots of drops, but also some big 3rd down catches and chunk plays. A huge fumble by the Springfield stud QB is the real difference maker in the first half. Announcers said it's only Springfield's 3rd turnover of the entire season.