Hoban 35 Massillon 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the most over used word by Massillon posters on yappi?

They live in a bubble, they can't see the whole picture,
Really missed the point. What will it take to be competitive with theses teams? Are they having a hard time filling a schedule and should they be placed in a different division?

The big question remains will Moore stay? It's going to be hard for him to find the same wages that Massillon is overpaying for him and his wife. With that said, With that said, obviously, Massillon loses tons of talent this year, do they actively recruit with the possibility of being pushed to D1? Or, do they play kids from their feeder system and max out at 7 to 8 wins, with zero chance of a state title?

I guess you don't understand hypocrisy. Posters who follow teams that openly recruit, attacking others as if they don't. Don't let me stop you from attacking my posts and ignoring the facts.

After six state finals losses, isn't it clear what it will take to win a state championship and should changes be made, to put these teams, in a different division?

The physical discrepancy is so great that teams aren't beat, they are physically beat up.

Yet, most posters ignore what these teams do to completive balance and only marvel at their talent and performance!
Why can other public schools beat the all star teams to win titles and Massillon can't?

Try focusing on the REAL problem and how some schools have played the rules, to draw from multiple states and counties and what that has done to competitive balance.

No, it's easier to attack Massillon's playoff record, in a weak attempt to destroy their tradition and state championships!

Try focusing on the REAL problem and how some schools have played the rules, to draw from multiple states and counties and what that has done to competitive balance.

No, it's easier to attack Massillon's playoff record, in a weak attempt to destroy their tradition and state championships!
As I said other public schools can win in many sports against these all star teams, yet Massillon can't do it in the only sport they focus on.

Massillon has upgraded their schedule to be competitive in the playoffs with the all-star teams in DII!
Ok DB, I get your frustration. Not so long ago I watched Perry drop to a loaded LaSalle team in 15 & 16. Yappi is definitely for the rabid nutcases like us! We made it in 15 with only 2 D1 prospects! In 16 only one was left. I would froth at the mouth with what you guys have had the last few years! I most definitely feel your pain brother! Hope for the best, good luck next year! On a side note, is #25 interested in running the rock more? Lol

The truth is Massillon lost last night. Perry and North Canton have nothing to do with that.

The TRUTH is you don't want to discuss any more than that, OR it would destroy your hypocritical false narrative.

There IS an uneven playing field, limiting ANY competitive balance.

Posters that hate Massillon and want to destroy their tradition, IGNORE how teams have manipulated the OHSAA rules to do that.

When I've posted links from the booster club that honestly discuss the topic and trolls, like YOU, ignore them, then your motivation for posting is CLEAR!!!

https://massillontigers.com/history/historical-accounts/Massillon-football-history-2/

Last edited:
Paper champion Tiger town chokes yet again in actual played STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wow, talk about delusions. Massillon is 2-2 vs Hoban & Lasalle the past 2 years, I'd say that's pretty damn good. Did you whine about winning those 2 games? You do realize Massillon runs their football program just like a strong private school program, right? I have no problem with it, I think kids should be able to go to school wherever they want & have the opportunity. But don't play the poor us card, Massillon has more resources & better facilities than just about anybody in OH, and they use them to build their roster the same way any other private does. That's the world & philosophy Moore came from. Did the Chardon folks start a thread tonight about all the advantages Desales has on them? Oh, that's right, they beat Desales. The whining is tired, and nobody cares, especially from a program that has what Massillon has.

Here's a little secret. If you separate the privates they're likely to leave OHSAA. Outside of the OHSAA, they'll have no rules and it will be full open season on all Ohio high school athletes to the further detriment of the publics. They won't have to be shady about it or have kids sit five games. They'll be able to directly approach and recruit kids.

I'm not saying the system isn't broken but one needs to consider all the repercussions of the proposed solutions before jumping into one of them.

Last edited:
No public team benefits more from the "mobility" of today's high school athletes than Massillon. This year, in all of D2 one team in the state benefited more- Hoban. As such, it would appear that Massillon's complaint is about 1% of the Ohio D2 high school programs as they are already ahead of 98% of them.

Wow, talk about delusions. Massillon is 2-2 vs Hoban & Lasalle the past 2 years, I'd say that's pretty damn good. Did you whine about winning those 2 games? You do realize Massillon runs their football program just like a strong private school program, right? I have no problem with it, I think kids should be able to go to school wherever they want & have the opportunity. But don't play the poor us card, Massillon has more resources & better facilities than just about anybody in OH, and they use them to build their roster the same way any other private does. That's the world & philosophy Moore came from. Did the Chardon folks start a thread tonight about all the advantages Desales has on them? Oh, that's right, they beat Desales. The whining is tired, and nobody cares, especially from a program that has what Massillon has.
Solid point

Nike shoes flown in a helicopter thinks the woe is me is weird

Here's a little secret. If you separate the privates they're likely to leave OHSAA. Outside of the OHSAA, they'll have no rules and it will be full open season on all Ohio high school athletes to the further detriment of the publics. They won't have to be shady about it or have kids sit five games. They'll be able to directly approach and recruit kids.

I'm not saying the system isn't broken but one needs to consider all the repercussions of the proposed solutions before jumping into one of them.
Hey Gris, I don't think anyone in this particular thread has called for a separation. So many variables here, which way to go? I will go in this direction, if they pulled out of the OHSAA then what? Travel nationwide to play? IMO maybe the CB numbers need to be adjusted? Massillon, Hoban and LaSalle are clearly the big dogs of D2 as of the last 3 years, (Hoban & LaSalle the last 6) Take those 3 away then you are left with maybe the 2 Avon teams a possible Hudson team and maybe a Perry/Hoover team ( probably many more I just am not familiar with them). In 2017 Perry to the best of my knowledge was the largest D2 school and CB bumped them up to D1 that year, they paid the piper, 1 and done. I'm thinking that CB needs adjusting because clearly something is out of whack. For whatever reason D2 is an enigma, D2 for the last 6 years has been thought to be the best in the state! Make it happen then, time to readjust the CB balance. Just my 2 cents worth ( No affiliation with the famous poster, Lol!)

Hey Gris, I don't think anyone in this particular thread has called for a separation. So many variables here, which way to go? I will go in this direction, if they pulled out of the OHSAA then what? Travel nationwide to play? IMO maybe the CB numbers need to be adjusted? Massillon, Hoban and LaSalle are clearly the big dogs of D2 as of the last 3 years, (Hoban & LaSalle the last 6) Take those 3 away then you are left with maybe the 2 Avon teams a possible Hudson team and maybe a Perry/Hoover team ( probably many more I just am not familiar with them). In 2017 Perry to the best of my knowledge was the largest D2 school and CB bumped them up to D1 that year, they paid the piper, 1 and done. I'm thinking that CB needs adjusting because clearly something is out of whack. For whatever reason D2 is an enigma, D2 for the last 6 years has been thought to be the best in the state! Make it happen then, time to readjust the CB balance. Just my 2 cents worth ( No affiliation with the famous poster, Lol!)

I may have misinterpreted DB's reference to a "different division" for these "All-Star" teams.

At this juncture, if there are to be changes it needs to start at OHSAA. I haven't seen any hard proof that any team is breaking or skirting the rules. That means that, if indeed there is a problem, the rules in place are not being enforced through adequate investigation or that the present rules are inadequate.

PerryDude, I'd add WW, Avon, and TCC. Not sure what the private consecutive streak but gotta be 7 or 8 at this point. OHSAA actually just lowered CB penalties for private schools I don't see them suddenly making it harsher and don't think it addresses the fundamental issue. Like you said how did that help Perry in 2017?

Off the top of my head I think maybe provide an option to opt up??? I mean, how do you win 5 of 6 or 4 in a row and decline? Just from a pride or peer pressure/shame standpoint? If they still refused to, at least from my standpoint (Massillon fan), I wouldn't mind opting back to D1 and away from them 2, lol. That would be an interesting decision.

Other than that I proposed months ago a realigned 7 div. format with 4 public divisions and 3 private. As stated before OHSAA does not appear to have an appetite for anything resembling separation. To your point though, or Clarks, you wouldn't have to throw out the recruiting or CB guidelines to do that. "Legal" recruiting esp. is definitely a non-starter. NOBODY would be ok w/ that.

I may have misinterpreted DB's reference to a "different division" for these "All-Star" teams.

At this juncture, if there are to be changes it needs to start at OHSAA. I haven't seen any hard proof that any team is breaking or skirting the rules. That means that, if indeed there is a problem, the rules in place are not being enforced through adequate investigation or that the present rules are inadequate.
I personally don't believe any rules are being broken.

I'm old school and can read all-caps just fine~ that's all we had.

220px-FortranCardPROJ039.agr.jpg

:>---

EGA

The most notable thing I noticed about this game did not take place on the field. The Hoban faithful have reached a point that few programs experience. When your program is so good you no longer need to come to Yappi and defend your position. You let the results speak for themself. Very few Hoban fans participated in these “discussions” leading up to the game. They decided that arguing with people on Yappi is a futile endeavor. Props to the Hoban community who will undoubtedly savor this Thanksgiving with a huge smile on their faces while their opposition continues to try and figure out how to beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.