NE Ohio All Stars beat Summit-Stark County All Stars in D2 State Champ Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoban is a community team. Once again community is not just a geographical characteristic but can be unified by common interests and ideas. And don't throw out the disingenuous comment that the common interest is football. The vast majority of the Hoban community is at the school for a quality Catholic education including football players.

Well - one school is allowed to recruit and does, just doing better at it then most currently.....and the other has state wide open enrollment allowing their boosters to recruit on the down low and they do, and doing better then most currently.

Everyone knows it, nobody can really do anything about it. Moving along....

Hoban is a community team. Once again community is not just a geographical characteristic but can be unified by common interests and ideas. And don't throw out the disingenuous comment that the common interest is football. The vast majority of the Hoban community is at the school for a quality Catholic education including football players.
Yes, 'community' can be viewed that way but I'm talking about it in a geographical sense, the way the vast majority of schools are defined.

Mentor or Colerain imo, and Avon, are probably the Top 2 public D1 and D2 teams in Ohio w/ the least notable influx of talent (it appears). How many titles have they won combined the last 20 years? How many has Massillon, or WW, or a public with high CB's? Is what it is. Just try harder, and lift weights! ;) Every once in awhile someone catches lightning in a bottle, and makes it all the sweeter. Never give up hope.

Last edited:
Mentor or Colerain imo, and Avon, are probably the Top 2 public D1 and D2 teams in Ohio w/ the least notable influx of talent (it appears). How many titles have they won combined the last 20 years? How many has Massillon, or WW, or a public with high CB's? Is what it is. Just try harder, and lift weights! ;) Everyone once in awhile someone catches lightning in a bottle, and makes it all the sweeter. Never give up hope.

What is interesting is for a good part of the 1st decade of the 2000s Div II was for the most part the domain of pubs. Along with the shrinkage of Div I (LaSalle moving down) and after competitive balance kicking in (Hoban moving up) the 2010s was all about the privates. I bet a lot of these sized pubs would love to go back to the good old days but then again the Div III is now a public heavy title since competitive balance kicked in and those schools would squawk. Tough to make all happy.

Yes D2 certainly did not foresee Hoban or LaSalle 10 years ago. Probably should have though. Who knows who will emerge next, to replicate that in the next decade or 2? Anyone's guess. All we know for certain is they will be private. Oh well that is fine. The rest of us will focus on winning that very special one, that comes around only so often.

So complain to Jackson's administration, your entire starting backfield two years ago were all transfers and at least two were still there this year.

I knew about the QB but did not realize that about Benden Craig till today. Cuz who follows that stuff??? Esp. for Jackson. Helluva athlete though. And still has a year left. Would look great in a Tiger uniform. Up to him though. :)

If it's so great why would you oddly take the time to not quite the entire post?
Oh that's right, it's the lady with the made up quote in her signature. :)

If it's so great why would you oddly take the time to not quite the entire post?
Oh that's right, it's the lady with the made up quote in her signature. :)
I didn't "quite" the entire post because that is one of Mackinfats little specialties on here.

That "made up"...."quite" is absolutely true....it is in the David Lee Morgan book. He interviewed Massillon's line coach/coordinator Jon Mazur who played for Urban at Bowling Green. It is what Meyer told Mazur when Mazur contacted Urban to ask him his opinion on taking the Massillon job as opposed to staying in high school football purgatory. (Jackson) Try and keep up sweetie.

I didn't "quite" the entire post because that is one of Mackinfats little specialties on here.

That "made up"...."quite" is absolutely true....it is in the David Lee Morgan book. He interviewed Massillon's line coach/coordinator Jon Mazur who played for Urban at Bowling Green. It is what Meyer told Mazur when Mazur contacted Urban to ask him his opinion on taking the Massillon job as opposed to staying in high school football purgatory. (Jackson) Try and keep up sweetie.

You don't even realize that you're admitting that it's a made up quote.
Pitymore indeed

I knew about the QB but did not realize that about Benden Craig till today. Cuz who follows that stuff??? Esp. for Jackson. Helluva athlete though. And still has a year left. Would look great in a Tiger uniform. Up to him though. :)
Lol! Come on TP! I just bought some "Excgange" and "Game Stop" gift certificates! Maybe I'll throw in an extra $20 for Starbuck's!

Hey is Hoban still scoring? Or better yet, has Massillon scored again? Thanks...Controlling the LOS is key, and what I've been told is that Massillon dominates the LOS.

So complain to Jackson's administration, your entire starting backfield two years ago were all transfers and at least two were still there this year.
So apparently we aren't very good with the whole transfer thing either......Well good thing we win State Titles in other sports.....

Status
Not open for further replies.