Poll Division-III Region-9, Finals #3 Canfield Cardinals (9-0) At #1 Chardon Hilltoppers (9-0)

Who wins this rematch from 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another Canfield turnover results in another easy TD for Chardon
Murphy's law I guess, everything that could possibly go wrong for Canfield has

Actually and unfortunately Canfield was driving around 25 yard line and fumbled and Chardon runs it back 80 yards for TD. Heartbreaking for Canfield.

YES Chardons D is that good. Tried to tell you. They’ll give up some chunks of yards. But right when you think you’re getting something going, turnover.
Chardon has a good defense no doubt, but this is mostly Canfield beating themselves rather than Chardon beating them. Canfield has made way too many mistakes and the game is effectively over.

Wow Chardon is the real deal
Are you watching the game or just based off the score update? The score is not entirely indicative, Chardon is very good and the better team but not quite 30 points better. Canfield beat themselves today, they probably should have lost by one score, maybe two at most, but they made too many mistakes and had about a million penalties.

Eh I watched first half. Nothing after. What impresses me is Canfield maybe had the best defense in D3 coming in. Regardless of factors I never thought Chardon would put 38 on the board vs that defense.

Chardon better team but Canfield repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. couldnt wait to watch this game tonight and it was a little bit of a let down

Eh I watched first half. Nothing after. What impresses me is Canfield maybe had the best defense in D3 coming in. Regardless of factors I never thought Chardon would put 38 on the board vs that defense.
Not taking anything away from Chardon but Canfield just didn't show up, made too many mistakes, had too many penalties, didn't execute their game plan. And the game was over at halftime because unfortunately the math does not work out, down by too many scores with too little time. Hypothetically even if Canfield forces a 3 and out the first two drives of the 2nd half there still isn't enough time for them to come back.

Chardon should be able to coast to the state championship though, I don't see anyone else in D-III that will be able to touch them.

Was Chardon going to win that game? Probably. Did Canfield beat themselves? Yes. Game should have been 1-2 touchdown game. Congrats to Chardon, one heck of a football team. Canfield didn’t quit, that’s one positive they can go out on.

Canfield didn’t quit, that’s one positive they can go out on.
Looked to me like they gave up after Chardon converted on 4th down on their 1st possession of the 2nd half, especially after Chardon ran 10 minutes off the clock in that drive.

Is that the first running clock put on canfield since the mercy rule started ?
Yes as far as I know. Chardon should have not won by more than 2 scores. If they play 10 times, Canfield probably wins 2 or 3, Chardon probably blows them out 1 time, and only wins by 1 or 2 scores the remaining 6 times.
Congrats to Chardon they were the better team. Good luck the rest of the way.

Yes as far as I know. Chardon should have not won by more than 2 scores. If they play 10 times, Canfield probably wins 2 or 3, Chardon probably blows them out 1 time, and only wins by 1 or 2 scores the remaining 6 times.
Congrats to Chardon they were the better team. Good luck the rest of the way.
???

Congrats to Canfield on a great season. I like nothing more than seeing a strong community team and a community around it supporting it.

I went back and forth on picking a winner on this one in my pick 'em. I ended up sticking with my initial pick of Chardon but it was so close I waffled all week. Good luck to Chardon. Bring one home for NEO.

I will say that the Hilltoppers get tired of hearing about their weak schedule and that they don't play anybody - usually from people in the valley. It happened in 2016 when we played Harding who would have lost by 3-5 scores except for one guy - Lynn Bowden playing lights out. Chardon put up 425 yards of offense that night but Bowden was ridiculous. Two years ago, Kenston won the state championship. Last year, Mayfield lost on the last play of the game to Hoban. This year, Riverside lost to Hudson in overtime. That's our conference. Canfield and Chardon had three common opponents: Howland who moved the ball on Canfield but eventually lost 24-0. Chardon 42-0 at the half and Howland's ones scored against Chardon's 2's and 3's in the second half. Kenston - who played Canfield tough but lost 28-10. Chardon after giving up a scoop and score in the first quarter scored touchdowns on five straight drives then unloaded the bench. New Philly - who lost to Canfield 31-24 after throwing several picks, one a pick six and one on a game tying drive in the Canfield end zone. Chardon 31-0. So anyone who comes on here and says that Canfield beat themselves just shows how little they know about the game of football. Once the score was 21-0 last night, Chardon closed the play book and went into their 4-5 yards, move the chains, and eat up clock mode. Defensively, Chardon's linemen all need new jerseys because they were ripped to shreds by Canfield offensive linemen raping them on every pass play. Like I said in another thread, this is probably the best team in Chardon school history.

Not taking anything away from Chardon but Canfield just didn't show up, made too many mistakes, had too many penalties, didn't execute their game plan. And the game was over at halftime because unfortunately the math does not work out, down by too many scores with too little time. Hypothetically even if Canfield forces a 3 and out the first two drives of the 2nd half there still isn't enough time for them to come back.

Chardon should be able to coast to the state championship though, I don't see anyone else in D-III that will be able to touch them.

By saying "not taking away from Chardon", does take it away don't you think? Chardon played an awesome game and won. Period. Great season for the Cardinals.

Kettering Alter or Columbus DeSales will give them a game IMO.

I will say that the Hilltoppers get tired of hearing about their weak schedule and that they don't play anybody - usually from people in the valley. It happened in 2016 when we played Harding who would have lost by 3-5 scores except for one guy - Lynn Bowden playing lights out. Chardon put up 425 yards of offense that night but Bowden was ridiculous. Two years ago, Kenston won the state championship. Last year, Mayfield lost on the last play of the game to Hoban. This year, Riverside lost to Hudson in overtime. That's our conference. Canfield and Chardon had three common opponents: Howland who moved the ball on Canfield but eventually lost 24-0. Chardon 42-0 at the half and Howland's ones scored against Chardon's 2's and 3's in the second half. Kenston - who played Canfield tough but lost 28-10. Chardon after giving up a scoop and score in the first quarter scored touchdowns on five straight drives then unloaded the bench. New Philly - who lost to Canfield 31-24 after throwing several picks, one a pick six and one on a game tying drive in the Canfield end zone. Chardon 31-0. So anyone who comes on here and says that Canfield beat themselves just shows how little they know about the game of football. Once the score was 21-0 last night, Chardon closed the play book and went into their 4-5 yards, move the chains, and eat up clock mode. Defensively, Chardon's linemen all need new jerseys because they were ripped to shreds by Canfield offensive linemen raping them on every pass play. Like I said in another thread, this is probably the best team in Chardon school history.
Without a doubt Chardon wins that game, but Canfield played horribly. All the best to Chardon, that is one hell of a team.

Not weighing in on the game because I didn’t watch it, but is humorous that this clown appears after the win. He was a major tool back in the early days of the Puddle. I never knew much about Chardon,,,,but he always gave me a bad impression with his arrogance,,,the more things change, the more they stay the same,,

I love how the guys always say.... “ if it wasn’t for this and that” we would have won. You know the old saying.... if my aunt had balls !!!!

Reactions: WOT