#6 Alter vs.#5 Ross -Regional Finals

Thoughts on this Game? Both teams had to beat great teams to get this far.
Early predictions....?
IMO-Hard to bet against Alter at this point.

Crazy to think that Ross has their first playoff win ever, then HOST the regional final in the same year. Should be a good one, and quick one since there may be zero passes thrown If it’s close.

Well golly, not sure how us home grown Ross boys will compete. Yes we lost to Badin by 30+ points. Ross also beat the brakes off a team hung with massie who did beat alter so there is that If you are so inclined. Not having any scrimmages hurt Ross early and it took them a couple of weeks to get warmed up. I am thinking alter might have had the same issue. Couple of early guarantees I will give ya. Ross will not throw the ball 3 times in the first three drives like at badin. Been there done that. 2 pics and a dropped pass isn’t the kind of offense that works well. Alter will not be near as easy as Bellbrook. While BB was disciplined, they lacked the power to hang with Ross and ultimately paid the price. I have not see film yet but I am guessing Alter has discipline and power to hang with Ross So that does not bode well. Ross will punt in this game which has not happened since before the playoffs started. Question is how many. Ross will be the most physical team alter has played, especially on Offense. i Look forward to see how us poor farmers will be able to hang with a Dayton all star team. Time will tell. Wish we gave alter more than one ticket per player. Could be a very fun atmosphere.

Would you say this is Ross's best team to put on the field? I don't think Ross has gone this deep in the playoffs. I could be wrong.

Ross isn’t stopping McDonald, I don’t think Ross gets beat by 20+, maybe more like 13 . I’ll go Alter 27 Ross 14

I like both teams especially being from CM. They are both old school football teams. No disrespect to Alter but I will say I will be pulling for Ross because I can’t stand those spoiled kids from god knows where they were recruited from!!!! Down with the privates! Go Ross!

I like both teams especially being from CM. They are both old school football teams. No disrespect to Alter but I will say I will be pulling for Ross because I can’t stand those spoiled kids from god knows where they were recruited from!!!! Down with the privates! Go Ross!
Let’s hope Down with the privates isn’t a phrase that catches on

Why do you say "down with the privates"? Should all children be forced to attend public schools? Isn't America about choice?

Oh already reasoning why you might lose, cause private schools recruit. Play the game, Ross looks very very tough. Both teams like to run the ball. Alter can throw it a touch (ask Badin) this game like most will be won in the trenches and turnovers.. Should be hard hitting contest. Hope it is knights 21-13. All teams that make to regional finals are good so looking forward to a good game.

Well golly, not sure how us home grown Ross boys will compete. Yes we lost to Badin by 30+ points. Ross also beat the brakes off a team hung with massie who did beat alter so there is that If you are so inclined. Not having any scrimmages hurt Ross early and it took them a couple of weeks to get warmed up. I am thinking alter might have had the same issue. Couple of early guarantees I will give ya. Ross will not throw the ball 3 times in the first three drives like at badin. Been there done that. 2 pics and a dropped pass isn’t the kind of offense that works well. Alter will not be near as easy as Bellbrook. While BB was disciplined, they lacked the power to hang with Ross and ultimately paid the price. I have not see film yet but I am guessing Alter has discipline and power to hang with Ross So that does not bode well. Ross will punt in this game which has not happened since before the playoffs started. Question is how many. Ross will be the most physical team alter has played, especially on Offense. i Look forward to see how us poor farmers will be able to hang with a Dayton all star team. Time will tell. Wish we gave alter more than one ticket per player. Could be a very fun atmosphere.
I’m with you for the most part but they did punt against Monroe and New Richmond. Ross wins this game if they don’t put the ball on the ground imo

How do

What evidence do you have to support your claim that they are not going to private schools for reasons other than education?

what evidence do you have that they don’t? I have evidence that I don’t really care either way. With OE kids are switching all the time and most of the time it is not an educational decision. Who really cares either way. You and I both know that many of the kids went to alter for sports, many More went because of family legacy, and even more went for other reasons. So how about we all agree that it is fun to say alter is an all star team, it is fun to say that Ross has farmers and tractors And we move onto why you feel the score will be what it will be.

and for the record that was a Clinton massive guy. Not a Ross guy. Pretty sure you will not see us making excuses. Personally I like to save that until after the game and I really enjoy blaming the officials and the home field time clock guy.

Why do you say "down with the privates"? Should all children be forced to attend public schools? Isn't America about choice?

We all know that private schools perform way higher in academics and their standards, discipline, and success rates are higher....

Personally, I've got no disgruntes towards Ross. Don't know much about their teams or community except they're big rivals with Badin and on the other side of Hamilton.

Don't forget New Richmond had 8 or 9 starters out of that game last week vs Ross. I think everyone can agree that the first couple of weeks in the season would have been scrimmages/time to fix things and make adjustments. It's all in the past now. We'll see who gets to advance to the semis vs the DeSales/Hartley winner

I know both teams well. Should be a slobber knocker of a ball game. If Ross D can continue to get timely stops they can stay in this game. Give me Ross at home 28-21.

We're from Ross, couldn't be prouder, we've got pigs and nuclear power....

Sorry Ross but you really dont stand a chance against Alter. How many more years of as$ kicking can you take from Gcl schools such as Badin. Now you'll have to face an even better one.

Final score. Alter 35-14.