Winton Woods v LaSalle

I wasn’t paying attention to what happened with WW last year— why did they NOT qualify for the playoffs last year? Why do people keep mentioning thsir 9-game schedule— why would that have mattered? The Harbin rankings just use a smaller divisor to calculate points when you have 9 games instead of 10– it should not have mattered (as long as WW WON most of those games)...Hell, with 8 teams making the playoffs, doesn’t just about anybody in the top HALF of the rankings make the playoffs in a normal year?

BTW, why wouldn’t WW have then tried to get a game with X (we have been playing those ridiculous ”semi-pro” collections from Canada for the last several years)— a game against WW has got to be better for both teams than that circus exhibition...

Last edited:
I wasn’t paying attention to what happened with WW last year— why did they NOT qualify for the playoffs last year? Why do people keep mentioning thsir 9-game schedule— why would that have mattered? The Harbin rankings just use a smaller divisor to calculate points when you have 9 games instead of 10– it should not have mattered (as long as WW WON most of those games)...Hell, with 8 teams making the playoffs, doesn’t just about anybody in the top HALF of the rankings make the playoffs in a normal year?

BTW, why wouldn’t WW have then tried to get a game with X (we have been playing those ridiculous ”semi=pro” collections from Canada for the last several years)— a game against WW has got to be better for both teams than that circus exhibition...
WW played a murderers row last year and simply fell short. They were unable to find a 10th opponent willing to play.

I was asking about 2019– and not playoffs— since WW wasn’t in them.
We simply didn’t win enough games. We were 9th by a small margin. No one wanted to play that 10th game. Had a game scheduled with Little Miami week 10 but they decided to play a team in KY and beat that team by one. We needed the KY team to win.

BTW, why wouldn’t WW have then tried to get a game with X (we have been playing those ridiculous ”semi-pro” collections from Canada for the last several years)— a game against WW has got to be better for both teams than that circus exhibition...

Winning 6 games against the schedule they played is MORE than enough to qualify for the playoffs. The answer to your question is that they didn't make the playoffs because the Harbin computer values teams with 8 or 9 wins over goat herders and tomato cans more than it does a team with 6 wins who actually challenged themselves.

Any chance we could hear about the 2020 game and not why Winton Woods didnt make the playoffs last year?

Did WW get out of the Kings game healthy?

I appreciate what WW brings to the table, but I would be remiss if I forgot about the Xenia and Edgewood games. This is going to be a heck of a game.
WW has a problem with playing down to their level of competition but we are a very young team that is still learning how to win. I expect a great game like the last 2 thrillers that have came down to the last possession. I have relationships with kids from both schools, I've known #5 Smith since he was 8 yrs old. I played basketball with #7 dad in high school. I can go on and on. This will be a great game

Don Magic Ron passed ON? Anon, Anon!

Perhaps Don (Magic) Calipari is his spiritual namesake...?
I was an active member years ago I just forgot my email address associated with my yappi account but when I created this account, it was a pleasure reading post from Don Magic as he was a faithful warrior backer. Just post watching him in action was good enough for me. He could go at the Trassilion faithful by himself. Which altogether is & will be amazing in my books.

BTW, why wouldn’t WW have then tried to get a game with X (we have been playing those ridiculous ”semi=pro” collections from Canada for the last several years)— a game against WW has got to be better for both teams than that circus exhibition...
WW played a murderers row last year and simply fell short. They were unable to find a 10th opponent willing to play.

This graphic has been painted on the wall of our local neighborhood Dairy Queen (for some time)— this business must know how to pick ‘em:
1604280646279.jpeg

Roger Bacon: Division V- Regional Finalist this week
Wyoming: Division IV- Regional Finalist this week
Winton Woods: Division II- Regional Finalist this week
St. Xavier: Division I- State Semi-Finalist this week

I guess it helps to have four pretty good teams from your neighborhood— wonder if there is anywhere else in Ohio that has such representation in the state football playoffs this year?