Region 1 Final: Mentor (8-1) vs Medina (6-3)

Going by that rationale on miles, Mentor is only 30 miles longer trip to Springfield vs Pick Central.

It makes no sense because there is a scenario where this isn't needed. You are rebracketing here. The natural format is r1 vs r2. That's how it should be unless it's necessary

This is them trying to fix a pc vs st x final. This is the second year cincy will get to avoid pc. Someone has power there

And yes this makes the region 1 winner having a shot at the title a very very small chance now. In a one game scenario anything can happen. Beating superior teams.back to back? Doubt it
Agree. It's ridiculous. I have been to about 20 semi final games and the Region 1 winner always played Region 2. (I can't remember why Brunswick played Colerain and Ignatius played Boardman in 1995)

Going by that rationale on miles, Mentor is only 30 miles longer trip to Springfield vs Pick Central.

It makes no sense because there is a scenario where this isn't needed. You are rebracketing here. The natural format is r1 vs r2. That's how it should be unless it's necessary

This is them trying to fix a pc vs st x final. This is the second year cincy will get to avoid pc. Someone has power there

And yes this makes the region 1 winner having a shot at the title a very very small chance now. In a one game scenario anything can happen. Beating superior teams.back to back? Doubt it

I don't see it as being that big of a deal. I disagree that it should automatically be R1 vs. R2, though I do think it would make more sense ... in the case that Olentangy Liberty and Pickerington Central both win, it would make more sense to have R1 play Liberty and R4 play Pickerington Central. But it is what it is. .. and yeah, there is a game this week between Mentor and Medina, lol.

Agree. It's ridiculous. I have been to about 20 semi final games and the Region 1 winner always played Region 2. (I can't remember why Brunswick played Colerain and Ignatius played Boardman in 1995)

That is not that far from what we have this year. That year was three NEO teams and one SWO. Did it really make that much of a difference who played who? Though, I can see why Ignatius-Boardman and Brunswick-Colerain were matched up.

Brunswick and Colerain were more convenient on the N/S I-71 corridor; while Ignatius-Boardman were more convienent on the E/W I-80 corridor.

I don't see it as being that big of a deal. I disagree that it should automatically be R1 vs. R2, though I do think it would make more sense ... in the case that Olentangy Liberty and Pickerington Central both win, it would make more sense to have R1 play Liberty and R4 play Pickerington Central. But it is what it is. .. and yeah, there is a game this week between Mentor and Medina, lol.
It doesnt matter if you agree. That's how the bracket works. The natural setup is r1 vs r2. They rebracket at the semifinals if it makes sense. Here they are rebracketing before the regional final round is completed and it makes no sense if liberty wins. It's an absolute setup

It doesnt matter if you agree. That's how the bracket works. The natural setup is r1 vs r2. They rebracket at the semifinals if it makes sense. Here they are rebracketing before the regional final round is completed and it makes no sense if liberty wins. It's an absolute setup

Why is the natural setup R1 vs. R2 ... when I think the consensus would have been that R1 would have played R3 anyway if Springfield beats Liberty???

Should't this be a discussion for next week anyway?

Why is the natural setup R1 vs. R2 ... when I think the consensus would have been that R1 would have played R3 anyway if Springfield beats Liberty???

Should't this be a discussion for next week anyway?
Because in order to have a rebracket , you have to have a natural setup bracket to start with ....

That's region 1 vs 2 unless a rebracket is deemed necessary at the final 4 level. Here they jumped the gun. Someone has power in cincy

It's big news so it's a discussion for today too. I said region 1 winner. Not like I assumed a Mentor win

Rain might be out of Mentor in time for the game tomorrow night. Would be good for those that attend. I'm showing a high of 40 so it will be cold but that will be worth it and tolerable

Should be a great game. I don't know who will win or how

I haven’t read this thread completely, so I apologize if this is a repeat. But I did watch the last two playoff games (stow,Brunswick) Mentor needs to play from ahead they did not play all 4 quarters like they did in the 3rd and 4th quarters of these games. Go Cards.

Yes we talked about this already. You quoted my post talking about it ....

They jumped the gun and rebracketed before the games were even played. They clearly want an x vs pc final and region 1 to go pound salt . The ohsaa sucks
I have to admit, I do agree that they should wait till after the Region finals, then re-bracket. That makes the most sense.

I just downloaded the Spectrum app, and it had a free 30 day trial. I was getting their live tv station. I do not have Spectrum tv BTW.
Yeah I just got the log in from my girlfriend's parents. Definitely not paying for that crap cable service and it's stupid that they have sole rights.

And I'm not paying to help the ohsaa in anyway that I can avoid . I'll support Mentor but I'll do my best to not give to the ohsaa if at all possible.

Yeah I just got the log in from my girlfriend's parents. Definitely not paying for that crap cable service and it's stupid that they have sole rights.

And I'm not paying to help the ohsaa in anyway that I can avoid . I'll support Mentor but I'll do my best to not give to the ohsaa if at all possible.
I just logged in on my spectrum internet. I thought you had to have the tv subscription, but I guess not. So guess what, the free 30 trial gets me all the way through, to the state finals

I just logged in on my spectrum internet. I thought you had to have the tv subscription, but I guess not. So guess what, the free 30 trial gets me all the way through, to the state finals

Don’t count on the internet stream working. I don’t know if it was just me, but I couldn’t stream any games last week. Maybe the delay to Saturday contributed to it? I was able to stream the Stow game the prior week without any issue. The video quality was good.

Hope everyone can watch in the capacity they’re planning. And of course, go Mentor. Should be a good game.

Don’t count on the internet stream working. I don’t know if it was just me, but I couldn’t stream any games last week. Maybe the delay to Saturday contributed to it? I was able to stream the Stow game the prior week without any issue. The video quality was good.

Hope everyone can watch in the capacity they’re planning. And of course, go Mentor. Should be a good game.
Well I can watch the station on my phone, but for some reason when I cast it over to my tv, it doesn't work

I had the same problem and I am a Spectrum subscriber. Could not log in, even for replays of past games. I spent an hour on the phone with Spectrum and even with their "genius" department. They could not identify the specific issue and attributed the source of the problem to be the linkage between the OHSAA.tv and Spectrum1 in Ohio. Last weekend, I sent emails to both the OHSAA and Spectrum1 in Columbus and thus far, no response.

Tomorrow will be my 11th/12th time (depending on how you count 2014) going to the regional final for Mentor since 2002. It has been a fantastic run, win or lose tomorrow. Either way, this season marks the end of an era even though it is also technically the beginning of a new one. First year coach Matt Gray has been dealing with unique challenges, but still has the team in a regional final.

Mentor is 6-5 (or 6-4 depending on how you count the final 8 game against Hudson in 2014) in these regional final games so far. Medina is going to be a challenge. They are on a roll. Mentor has struggled to find consistency and rhythm. Out of those 12 teams that have made the regional finals, this current group is very close to the bottom...if not at the bottom. But still, I think if they put it altogether tomorrow with a balanced offense and a bend, but rarely break kind of defense - Mentor will be in position to win.

If the offense struggles to have sustained drives and the defense can't figure out how to pressure Allar, this game will be incredibly difficult to win. Sounds like Vernon *might* play tomorrow. Let's see how that goes.

They’ll point to the state title rings on their fingers in the process.
Whats Mentors record against PC and Davidson in the state finals ? And, while we are at it, boast all you want about schedules. PC head to head in the semis last year smacked Mentor in the mouth. Your vaunted " Super Team " was humbled and Triv had no excuses. And what does he do after ? Take a job as OC at Bradley were he got smacked by PC last week.

Whats Mentors record against PC and Davidson in the state finals ? And, while we are at it, boast all you want about schedules. PC head to head in the semis last year smacked Mentor in the mouth. Your vaunted " Super Team " was humbled and Triv had no excuses. And what does he do after ? Take a job as OC at Bradley were he got smacked by PC last week.
Smacked in the mouth ? You guys won by 7 points with our QB getting hurt early in the 4th quarter and the refs handing you an interception which clearly hit the ground ...

You won but it was two very even teams. Mentor was the 2nd best team in the state last year Also nobody called Mentor a super team last year

Now move along to your thread

Looks like high 30s/low 40s for the game tonight. Rain could be out of here though which is good for the people going to the game

Mentor is going to have to play a complete game to win this one. Turnovers like the last few weeks and up and down play will lead to a loss. They need to be ready to play and never let up to pull this one out

Smacked in the mouth ? You guys won by 7 points with our QB getting hurt early in the 4th quarter and the refs handing you an interception which clearly hit the ground ...

You won but it was two very even teams. Mentor was the 2nd best team in the state last year Also nobody called Mentor a super team last year

Now move along to your thread

These central Ohio fans/Mentor haters are the worst. This guy might be more of troll, but I've noticed PC posters tend to believe they're some sort of national powerhouse. In reality, they have not been better than either Ed's or Mentor over the last 5, 10, or 20 years. If we go back 10 years, add Ignatius. Go back 20 years, add Ignatius, Xavier, and probably another Cincy school.

Kudos to them for the win in the 2017 Title game against Mentor. They were the superior team. That was probably the 7th or 8th best team Mentor has fielded, but that's how it goes sometimes. It was a good Mentor team.

Last year's Mentor vs. PC game was heavily influenced by the officials. You mention the interception, which was a very bad and hugely consequential call. The ball hit the ground and set PC up inside the 30 if I remember correctly when it was 21-21. The worst call was the phantom holding call on a Mentor TD pass before halftime. Took 7 points off the board and forced Mentor into a long FG attempt, which was missed. I watched the replay looking for some semblance of holding...nothing there. Awful. They also called PC for pass interference, which would have put Mentor inside the PC 20 I believe. It was a bang-bang call, but the bigger point is this...have you ever seen the officials pick up a flag for pass interference in a high school game? I've never seen it. Anyway, instead of being 1st and 10 around the PC 20, Mentor had to attempt a semi-long FG which was missed. Then there was the pooch kick where 6 Mentor players were in the vicinity compared to 2 PC. Mentor was emphatic they had recovered and they emerged from the pile with the ball. It took the refs about 3 minutes to move a couple bodies out of the way, but they inexplicably rewarded PC the ball. And then Mentor QB gets hurt as we crossed midfield trying to tie the game mid fourth quarter.

That PC team last year was nothing special. They were good. No real weaknesses, and that D-lineman that went to Ohio State is very good. At their core, that was a team that wants to play a very low-risk, ball control game. They are counting on the other guys to make errors against the great teams. In the Mentor game last year, the other guys were the officials. Mentor only made one major error that I recall...jumping offsides when PC was going to punt early in the game. You can only overcome so much. It was similar to the Ohio State vs. Clemson game in many respects, though Ohio State got jobbed even worse.

This game along with 3 others will be broadcast live on Spectrum1, based on what part of the state one lives in.

Live streaming is another issue. It is supposed to be, but ... like last weekend, I have not been able to log in to replays of past games today, even though I am a Spectrum subscriber. Today, the webpage now says "best viewed on Chrome desktop with cleared cache". Currently it does not work with Apple Safari nor Microsoft Edge