D4 Reg 16

We have plenty of success in Mechanicsburg. I'm originally from around CM I've seen how they play a sissy schedule and kill teams until they get to the big dogs.

Oh my....what a dumb, uneducated statement. Maybe Mechanicsburg and all of their success would like to come be a part of that "Sissy Schedule" CM plays year in and out. :LOL: Let me guess...you are a Hurricane alumni? Salty still I see...

Oh my....what a dumb, uneducated statement. Maybe Mechanicsburg and all of their success would like to come be a part of that "Sissy Schedule" CM plays year in and out. :LOL: Let me guess...you are a Hurricane alumni? Salty still I see...
Heck no, definitely not. I'm not even from Clinton County. ?

I had 3 kids go to McNick so I’m pulling for them although as I’ve said in other posts I know zero about Waverly. Also taking VV and Wyoming. It was early last year but the Rockets beat IH at their place and held them to six points I believe. I’ll take Wyoming and Massie who I think will be the eventually winner in 16.

CalPreps Projections:

Massie 48 Bethel Tate 22
Indian Hill 31 VV 24
Wyoming 31 Graham 14
Waverly 28 McNick 19

Last edited:
Confused on all the loss predictions for IH. Im a Madeira guy and saw them place twice this year.... Teams legit and scary athletic on offense. Defense has also only allowed 36 points all season. Whats causing this loss?

Confused on all the loss predictions for IH. Im a Madeira guy and saw them place twice this year.... Teams legit and scary athletic on offense. Defense has also only allowed 36 points all season. Whats causing this loss?
Valley View by far is the best team Indian Hill has faced, and in my opinion Indian Hill is not the best team Valley View has faced to date. 28-21 loss in OT to Bellbrook is the best team VV has faced and honestly VV had that game slip through their fingers. Both teams are very similar

McNick has a great defense. It would not shock me to see them upset Waverly.

that is what is most concerning for my tigers. That defense has played stout all year and our offense has been like lightning able to strike at any time.

McNick has a great defense. It would not shock me to see them upset Waverly.
Technically, a #5 vs. #4 would be an upset. Had they played out the regular 10 game season it's very possible McNick may have been the higher seed due to Harbins. I wouldn't consider it an upset if either team won. Maybe only if it's a blow out by either squad.

that is what is most concerning for my tigers. That defense has played stout all year and our offense has been like lightning able to strike at any time.
I don't know much about your squad. I can tell you that no one has passed effectively against McNick. Not saying Waverly won't or can't-but that's their strength. Badin and Alter started running the ball effectively in the second half of games when the offense couldn't move the chains (Alter-turnovers; Badin-QB knocked out). I saw some scout tape, good squad-although I switched from the Norwood game after the first play.

I don't know much about your squad. I can tell you that no one has passed effectively against McNick. Not saying Waverly won't or can't-but that's their strength. Badin and Alter started running the ball effectively in the second half of games when the offense couldn't move the chains (Alter-turnovers; Badin-QB knocked out). I saw some scout tape, good squad-although I switched from the Norwood game after the first play.

Our passing attack is our bread and butter we are able to air it out very well with many options, and the running game is a revolving door of backs that can come in and do their part. I’m just worried about our time of possession and our defense not being on the field for an eternity

Our passing attack is our bread and butter we are able to air it out very well with many options, and the running game is a revolving door of backs that can come in and do their part. I’m just worried about our time of possession and our defense not being on the field for an eternity
Welcome to the club

I don't think Indian Hill comes close to beating Bellbrook. I've seen Valley View smoke my MU Bulldogs twice and the athleticism and speed on this Spartan team is impressive to say the least. They are lacking on some discipline issues but penalties can be a sign of an aggressive-sytle of play.

Division 4 Region 16 Quarterfinals
#1 Clinton Massie - 56 #9 Bethel Tate - 20
#4 Waverly - 34 #5 Cin McNicholas - 13
#7 Valley View - 22 #2 Indian Hill - 21
#3 Wyoming - 34 #6 Graham - 14

Division 4 Region 16 Semi-Finals
#1 Clinton Massie - #4 Waverly
#3 Wyoming - #7 Valley View

Waverly wins 34-13 over McNichols
The better team won. Better execution, better coaching. Our undersized line couldn't generate any pressure and their skill players just picked us apart. I wasn't going to make this statement until elimination but after Unioto I was convinced that McNick's only shot was to hold opponents under 20. That clearly didn't happen. We dropped our 6th easy TD pass of the year, that was going to catch up at some point too. Good luck next weekend.

The region is chalk in terms of the seeding, except VV of course. Although even tho VV was 3-2 when the coaches voted I still believed this was a top 4 team in the region. Especially after seeing what Bellbrook is doing in region 12 right now.

The better team won. Better execution, better coaching. Our undersized line couldn't generate any pressure and their skill players just picked us apart. I wasn't going to make this statement until elimination but after Unioto I was convinced that McNick's only shot was to hold opponents under 20. That clearly didn't happen. We dropped our 6th easy TD pass of the year, that was going to catch up at some point too. Good luck next weekend.

had a wonderful team would’ve loved to saw them a full strength. but yes I personally was worried before kickoff but once the first drive our defense got the stop I felt that we would have enough momentum the rest of the way.

Congrats to Waverly. Didn’t hear or see the game but best of luck v Massie next week. From the sounds of it the Tigers have a chance to get it done in Clarksville.

First time watching Massie this year, impressive LB combo and solid QB. I was surprised to see so many players going both ways though. I’d love to see a CM/VV rematch. I hope either VV or Wyoming can stay healthy after their juggernaut. Coin toss with these 3 teams, state champs are in this region.

Last edited:
First time watching Massie this year, impressive LB combo and solid QB. I was surprised to see so many players going both ways though. I’d love to see a CM/VV rematch. I hope either VV or Wyoming can stay healthy after their juggernaut. Coin toss with these 3 teams, state champs are in this region.
I'm not sure I would just assume CM beats Waverly. CM is obviously the favorite but they have been far from stellar on defense this year. Waverly putting big points on a really good McNick defense is impressive. I could see the CM/Waverly game having a basketball game type score with the winner being the team that gets the ball last.

I think you need to hold your horses on that last statement. I wouldn't make any assumptions on that just yet.

I'm not sure I would just assume CM beats Waverly. CM is obviously the favorite but they have been far from stellar on defense this year. Waverly putting big points on a really good McNick defense is impressive. I could see the CM/Waverly game having a basketball game type score with the winner being the team that gets the ball last.

I am impressed with how massie is able to put up points very well while being a predominant run team. We’ve been able to run the ball pretty well this season as well. Were able to have our way with McNichols defense and lit up the scoreboard. Thankfully we’ve been in close games late into the 4th. the win over Granville and beating Wheelersburg in overtime

I am impressed with how massie is able to put up points very well while being a predominant run team. We’ve been able to run the ball pretty well this season as well. Were able to have our way with McNichols defense and lit up the scoreboard. Thankfully we’ve been in close games late into the 4th. the win over Granville and beating Wheelersburg in overtime
Well, I could see having your way with the McNichols’ defense— IF it was Kristy playing it— but NOT Jimmy—He was TOUGH AS NAILS!

Waverly is earning their respect on the field. I'm one that doubted them winning last week against McNich. With that being said, Clinton Massie will be a whole new challenge this week. The Falcons should be favored to win. CM did show some vulnerability to spread offenses throughout the season so Waverly could find success offensively. It'll be whether or not they can control that CM offense that wears on you for four quarters. In the Wyoming/VV game, this is probably a coin flip or maybe a small edge to Wyoming. I expect another great playoff game with two teams that are familiar with one another.