The official EBC Football Thread

I don’t quite understand why people think the EBC is in danger. If you look at all sports for boys and girls it is a really balanced league. Losing Canton South does hurt but

Fairless over South
Bloom Carroll over Carrollton
West Branch over Ursuline
Rootsown over Minerva
Alliance over Louisville!
Ravenna over Marlington
Ok here I go,
South over Fairless
Carrollton over Bloom Carroll
Rootstown over Minerva
Louisville over Alliance
Ravens over Marlington
The EBC has the potential of being a great conference!

Ok here I go,
South over Fairless
Carrollton over Bloom Carroll
Rootstown over Minerva
Louisville over Alliance
Ravens over Marlington
The EBC has the potential of being a great conference!
Sure, potential to be great but need somebody to challenge the teams to be great. Need Louisville back in the league.

Sure, potential to be great but need somebody to challenge the teams to be great. Need Louisville back in the league.
Nobody liked how it happened, but now that its done, its the best for all involved. Louisville had wanted out for a long time, they just didn't have anywhere to go. So they stayed. Most #s in the league have only become smaller. If they got back in it would be the same thing all over again only worse. They would complain about not having competition and the rest of us would complain about them winning the all sports trophy 90% of the time. It was like kicking a millennial out of the house. Nobody enjoyed doing it, but it needed to be done. They will find there way, just like Carrollton may have to find our way someday. We're not exactly at the top of peoples list when it comes to creating new leagues. People act like we live in the middle of nowhere.

Maybe we do

There is nothing wrong with living in Carrollton, if the country side, hunting and fishing and being "out" a bit suits you - then it is a great place. I think it is funny how from district to district we think there are these great differences. Somebody drew a line on a map and said this is this county, township, or village. We are all pretty similar - geez.

I also find humor in the rhetoric about this league, that it is breaking up. It isn't. Maybe a school or two would like to leave, but there are no viable options of a destination. A 6 school league is better than independent. And weeks 4&5 are not as difficult to fill. Being a 6 team league means no bye week from 6-10. I do find humor in how the comment of "get better" has certainly come back to haunt a certain school.

Nobody liked how it happened, but now that its done, its the best for all involved. Louisville had wanted out for a long time, they just didn't have anywhere to go. So they stayed. Most #s in the league have only become smaller. If they got back in it would be the same thing all over again only worse. They would complain about not having competition and the rest of us would complain about them winning the all sports trophy 90% of the time. It was like kicking a millennial out of the house. Nobody enjoyed doing it, but it needed to be done. They will find there way, just like Carrollton may have to find our way someday. We're not exactly at the top of peoples list when it comes to creating new leagues. People act like we live in the middle of nowhere.

Maybe we do

Ehh not sure we ever wanted out, although I know there was always some talk if we should. 100% nowhere to go though.

Glad it happened though, the reality is we likely don't have our two state titles if we are still in the league. This may be true for any league even, with an independent schedule we were able to beef up softball and wrestling's schedule even more to prepare for the postseason. In any league there's going to be bottom feeders in certain sports, taking those off our schedule helped us get the best competition day in and day out. Hopefully it will translate over to football at some point.

For now though, congrats to the Aviators who definitely came to play last night!

Varsity: Alliance 21, Louisville 19

Video Highlights and Stats:

Alliance Aviators at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

Carrollton getting it handed to us tonight. Going to be a very long trip home. We've spent a lot of time in the bus the last 2 weeks.

Ehh not sure we ever wanted out, although I know there was always some talk if we should. 100% nowhere to go though.

Glad it happened though, the reality is we likely don't have our two state titles if we are still in the league. This may be true for any league even, with an independent schedule we were able to beef up softball and wrestling's schedule even more to prepare for the postseason. In any league there's going to be bottom feeders in certain sports, taking those off our schedule helped us get the best competition day in and day out. Hopefully it will translate over to football at some point.

For now though, congrats to the Aviators who definitely came to play last night!

Varsity: Alliance 21, Louisville 19

Video Highlights and Stats:

Alliance Aviators at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights
Probably true in softball, but you would have got the wrestling title either way. Wrestling is a completely different animal. Plus there is some very good wrestling in our league.

Keep up the good work.

WB quarterback is running backwards taking sacks, the WB staff needs to set up more screens or something to give him some help

WB quarterback is running backwards taking sacks, the WB staff needs to set up more screens or something to give him some help

Watching this game, I'm surprised WB isn't using the quick passing game as much. I thought they would use #13(I think McKeiver is his name?) all over the field. I thought with #24 (Wilson?) getting a bit injured, they would throw #13 back there since he seemed to be the only skill player giving them some yards after the catch tonight.

I thought Ursuline would win this game due to coaching advantage(which does matter in playoffs), but I wasn't expecting 24-6 at the half.

Watching this game, I'm surprised WB isn't using the quick passing game as much. I thought they would use #13(I think McKeiver is his name?) all over the field. I thought with #24 (Wilson?) getting a bit injured, they would throw #13 back there since he seemed to be the only skill player giving them some yards after the catch tonight.

I thought Ursuline would win this game due to coaching advantage(which does matter in playoffs), but I wasn't expecting 24-6 at the half.
Ursuline is winning because of talent, not coaching. Well coached teams do not get this many penalties. But they do have a ton of talent!