D2 R8: #2 Cincinnati Lasalle vs #7 Riverside Stebbins

Who will win?

• Cincinnati Lasalle

• Riverside Stebbins

Results are only viewable after voting.

Will 100% definitely NOT be interesting. This is a running clock football game. WW has struggled with poor teams all year, like West Clermont and Lebanon. LaSalle does not.

If Stebbins can keep it close, they've shown they can win close games. Here are some of those wins by three or less points

West Carrollton 28-25
Sidney 22-20
Xenia 26-23
Sidney 24-23 OT

If Stebbins can keep it close, they've shown they can win close games. Here are some of those wins by three or less points

West Carrollton 28-25
Sidney 22-20
Xenia 26-23
Sidney 24-23 OT

Yeah but WC, Sidney, and Xenia are JV teams compared to what LaSalle has. Great job by Stebbins on having a solid season and winning their part of the MVL but I think this will be like bringing a knife to a gun fight

LaSalle 56 Stebbins 7

Well, who knows? La Salle hadn't played a bad team until Friday. They won't overlook anybody, though.

While LM was down this year. Most normal years would been about a .500 team in the ECC. And they would never have a chance of beating a GCL school. Its stupid they play in the same playoffs. Something that wasnt publicized is that LM had at least 7 starters on mandatory quarantine last week. Their starting NT, RB, QB, 2 WR, P, and K were all on mandatory quarantine. It was announced on Tuesday of last week. They basically had to scrounge up what they could to play Lasalle. So even if they were in deficit before. They were in a bigger one starting the game last week. The curious thing is why Lasalle couldnt have beaten them worst. The year prior when they played LM it was 35-0 at half. This year except for some big plays by the QB at the end of the second quarter and a turn over it was only 14-0 in the middle of the second quarter. I honestly think WW and Lasalle are a bit down this year compared to last year. WW seems to play to their competition level. It will be a close game. But I think WW may pull this one out. But hey in this crazy time who knows anymore.

Hello Lancers!
Introducing Walter E Stebbins High School Football

First, some history:
This is the best Stebbins team...maybe ever, certainly at least the 3rd best team in school history. In '73 they were 8-0-2 but missed the playoff behind Moeller and St. X, in '94 they went 9-1 and just missed the playoffs. Last week's home game was the first playoff game in school history, and it was an OT thriller with a walk-off extra point. This season is an outlier: with their first year playing in 1958, the Indians have had a winning record just 12 times (including this season) and an 0-10 record 11 times. This year also marked just the second championship in school history (MVL Valley Division), as the aforementioned undefeated '73 team won the Wester Ohio League.

This year's team:
The team has been carried (literally) by Junior point guard quarterback Nate Keller. He played both varsity basketball and football beginning his Freshman season. He is incredibly athletic, very difficult to bring down. He has thrown for 850 yards 9 TDs 11 INTs in 7 games this year. But where he has been REALLY good is in avoiding pass-rushers and taking off for big runs. 123 car 549 yards 5 TDs. I noted in another thread that he leads the MVL in plays that remind me of Johnny Football: (1) (2) (3).
Supporting Keller on offense are two key running backs and a stable of receivers. The most notable is RB/MLB Marv Rutledge. He is the hammer back and stout in the middle on defense. Omar Holloway will feature often in the backfield to keep Marv fresh and available on D, and has himself been capable of making defenders miss - Omar has great vision. The receivers all get spread the ball, but Senior Aiden Jones was probably the best at finding a soft spot in the secondary while Keller ran away from DEs and LBs to extend the plays - very backyard football-like.
The majority of snaps will be with 1 back and 4 WRs or 3 WRs and either a TE or H-back.
The defense has a solid front 7 that bottled the run game in each win this season (except the playoff game, where mobile QB Ced Johnson was un-tackleable). Troy and Piqua were the only teams to run with constant success, and Stebbins lost both of those contests. It should be noted that even when the statistics showed success on the ground against the Indian's defense, it mostly came on getting to the edges. Teams have had a tough time running between the tackles.

I don't know a whole lot other than the final scores from La Salle's games this year, but I know La Salle's pedigree well. I have to imagine they will be able to control the game. Stebbins has always been a team plagued by turnovers and penalties, and this season is not an exception to that, so I think the chance of an upset is....well...zero. But I think there will be a few Stebbins highlights to pull.
Stebbins 20
La Salle 59

Stebbins offense revolves around #17 QB Nate Keller. In seven games he has 850 yards passing on 70-134 attempts for a completion rate of 52.2%. He does have 11 interceptions to go with 9 TDs.

He is also their leading rusher with 549 yards on 123 attempts. He does have three fumbles and 5 TDs rushing. Marvelous Ruthledge #9 also has 5 TDs rushing.

Leading receivers are #5 Aiden Jones with 283 yards and #6 Rayvonn Harris with 249 yards.

Rushing defense was not good as they allowed 1063 yards on 231 attempts and finished 7th out of the 10 teams in their league in that category.

The curious thing is why Lasalle couldnt have beaten them worst.

La Salle doesn't have as many weapons this year offensively and just isn't the same across the defensive front 7. So yes, La Salle is a bit down this year. I thought it would be the opposite before the games started.

Also, Payne got 5 carries while seemingly slowly coming back from injury. So, the backup RB carried 14 times for 130 yards and a TD. Branam did not play in the second half, which I hope was just getting him out with a huge lead, and the backups got a lot of playing time on defense.

Stebbins has allowed 1291 yards rushing over seven games (West Carrollton 180, Sidney 78, Xenia 162, Piqua 234, Fairborn 145, Troy 265, Sidney (P) 227 for an average of 184 ypg. La Salle led their league in rushing yards 1,813 over 7 games for an average of 259 ypg while they were last in their league in passing. Rushing is La Salle's strong suit while Stebbins is below average at stopping the run (7th in their league).

for whatever is worth, Pat will understand the game. Just look to last week's game the last few plays and LS was within striking distance of the goal line and QB took a knee. hopefully that injured ankle for pain is coming along well. He was somewhat gimpy last Friday. He will likely be needed next week and the 2 weeks after that

Congratulations to Stebbins for getting this far.

Stebbins is next door neighbor to Wayne. There are some athletes but mostly what makes up that district are kids in military families and kids in a somewhat middle-class area. They lose talent to Wayne every year.
Never a juggernaut, Stebbins is having a great season. Congrats to the Indians and good luck vs a first class program in LaSalle.

42-0 at the half. all Lancers BUT. Payne hurt again but not sure how bad, Everybody on the team should see action tonight. Probably see Anderson next week

Very class game by La Salle. I'll always resent teams like Tecumseh who would outmatch us and run up the score (82-8, 68-16, etc.) in some of the worst of the worst stretches for Stebbins, but to be totally outmatched but have a coach on the other side who didn't want to embarrass us as much as possible was nice. Good luck Lancers, beat Anderson!

Very class game by La Salle. I'll always resent teams like Tecumseh who would outmatch us and run up the score (82-8, 68-16, etc.) in some of the worst of the worst stretches for Stebbins, but to be totally outmatched but have a coach on the other side who didn't want to embarrass us as much as possible was nice. Good luck Lancers, beat Anderson!

There is just no reason to do that. It's a sh-itty thing to do and nobody learns anything from it.

42-0 at the half. all Lancers BUT. Payne hurt again but not sure how bad, Everybody on the team should see action tonight. Probably see Anderson next week

We were kind of hoping they just pulled him because the result wasn't in doubt and that was just planned post-game icing. Fingers crossed.