MVAC Football 2020

McDonald wins 42-14. McDonald pulled the starters up 42-7 at the beginning of the 4th, Vikings starters scored with 1 min left on the JV. Overall not a good performance from McDonald at all heading into the playoffs.

WR also sloppy vs Sebring tonight. It was 16-2 at the half. Eventually got to 33-2 before the young guys came in to finish the 4th. WR doing more up tempo and throwing than earlier in the season. They had a lot of guys not in pads tonight. Injury bug has really hurt them lately, hopefully they get healthy next week.

Week 6 scoreboard:
Springfield 44
Jackson-Milton 8

McDonald 42
Waterloo 14

Mineral Ridge 48
Lowellville 8

Western Reserve 39
Sebring 18

Final Scarlet tier standings:
1. Springfield 6-0
2. McDonald 5-1
3. Jackson-Milton 4-2
T4. Western Reserve 3-3
T4. Mineral Ridge 3-3
6. Lowellville 2-4
7. Sebring 1-5
8. Waterloo 0-6

I wouldn’t be completely shocked if Lowellville won, but I think Valley beats them
The question I have is can Lowellville beat Valley Christian? Do they have any shot?
Toss up. However Lowellville strength (passing) goes into Valley strength ( pass defense) Held pass happy United to 7 points going into the 4th quarter. Gave the other teams in the league their lowest passing yards when they played. Granted those other teams arent exactly greatest show on turf, but still..

Toss up. However Lowellville strength (passing) goes into Valley strength ( pass defense) Held pass happy United to 7 points going into the 4th quarter. Gave the other teams in the league their lowest passing yards when they played. Granted those other teams arent exactly greatest show on turf, but still..

Lowellville’s defense couldn’t defend Springfield’s powder puff team if they tried.

If Valley can defend the pass they’ll win. Lowellville’s coach calls plays like madden and chucks it deep a lot. They have a decent young qb and a couple decent receivers but that’s it. Their line is really awful and defense isn’t stopping much

I'm looking at the Vindy right now. Lowellville was 9-30 for 95 yards and 4 INT against the Ridge yesterday.
We will see how Valley holds up against Southern, the only balanced team in the EOAC

It seems like this league could be tweaked a little. Possibly swap Springfield and Newton Falls. It seems like Springfield could compete with Liberty, LaBrae, Brookfield (who they play in their out of league schedule), Campbell etc. It also might be nice for falls to have a better chance to win a few games. I'm sure that most of the Tigers tier wouldn't mind seeing them moved at least for now. It doesn't do anyone any good winning every game by 40 points or knowing you simply cannot match up and are going to get beat by 40 points.

Last edited:
We had 2 non playoff games last night. Sebring put up 48! points on Mathews winning 48-20 and Waterloo beat Windham 28-6 for their first win of the season.

Tonight’s only matchup is Valley Christian at Lowellville

Ballone got rolling and the Rockets won 30-26. Very sloppy game. Valley's defense picked off Ballone 3 times in the game, that definitely helped them stay close.

Happy for the Blue Devils tonight. The QB has really got it rolling the last few weeks. This is a new offense since the first time WR played the Tigers. I’m not saying it will be enough to win, it would take a lot, but excited to see it. It will be a true test for Coach Lude to see how much the team has improved since week 2. The problem is Springfield is better too. I would like to see WR open it up more this time because it seems like a new wide receiver steps up every single week. They have a lot of weapons. Springfield probably wins, but hoping to see a good fight out of the Blue Devils.

Happy for the Blue Devils tonight. The QB has really got it rolling the last few weeks. This is a new offense since the first time WR played the Tigers. I’m not saying it will be enough to win, it would take a lot, but excited to see it. It will be a true test for Coach Lude to see how much the team has improved since week 2. The problem is Springfield is better too. I would like to see WR open it up more this time because it seems like a new wide receiver steps up every single week. They have a lot of weapons. Springfield probably wins, but hoping to see a good fight out of the Blue Devils.

Well reading the Vindy article sounds like WR really wants to play Springfield again.

Week 8 games:
Scarlet-
D6R21
Mineral Ridge at Norwayne
Western Reserve at Springfield

D7R25
Lowellville at JFK
Jackson-Milton at McDonald

Regular season
East Palestine at Waterloo
Sebring at Newton Falls

Grey-
D5R17
Southeast at Crestview

D6R21
Labrae at Brookfield

Regular season
Champion at Campbell? Have my doubts champion will be able to play this.

Haha not sure it is what they , but in that region, pick your poison lol.
Springfield
Norwayne
Mogadore

what was in the paper? Didn’t see it

“After ringing the bell, you could hear members of the team yelling ‘We want the Tigers.’ They’re getting what they want as they travel to New Middletown next week to take on Springfield in a rematch of last season’s first-round playoff game.

“These guys set a goal in the preseason, the first day I got here,” Lude said. “Their goal was to beat Springfield. We gave them everything we could for a half the first time we met them. When we left that day we said ‘We hope we get another shot at them.’ I know our guys are excited about it and I look forward to that opportunity next week.”

“After ringing the bell, you could hear members of the team yelling ‘We want the Tigers.’ They’re getting what they want as they travel to New Middletown next week to take on Springfield in a rematch of last season’s first-round playoff game.

“These guys set a goal in the preseason, the first day I got here,” Lude said. “Their goal was to beat Springfield. We gave them everything we could for a half the first time we met them. When we left that day we said ‘We hope we get another shot at them.’ I know our guys are excited about it and I look forward to that opportunity next week.”

Good for them. I for one like that they are not afraid of them...again doesn’t mean they will win. That’s a tall task for any team in this region let alone the Blue Devils. I do think it shows the type of confidence Coach Lude is instilling in his football team. Hake did the same thing when he got here, you want your kids to believe they can win. The Blue Devils need to play much better defensively, continue to run the ball and the QB has to play well. Springfield also has to make some mistakes and WR has to capitalize on it. Even if all that happens, that would only give them a chance to be within striking distance. I’m not sure they can do it, but I like that they think they can.

I am interested to see in WR uses more of a spread look this game. They were able to move the ball in their heavy set last game but unable to finish drives. They didn't really get into shotgun until late when Springfield built a lead. I hope they use more of a combination from the get go this time. You never know what could happen, sounds like the players are motivated.

I am interested to see in WR uses more of a spread look this game. They were able to move the ball in their heavy set last game but unable to finish drives. They didn't really get into shotgun until late when Springfield built a lead. I hope they use more of a combination from the get go this time. You never know what could happen, sounds like the players are motivated.
I agree. QB looks like he is finally healthy and is on quite the roll. I’m hoping they open it up more. One thing that I think could make a difference. WR O-Line is getting healthy and controlled the LoS in the first round. WR had 4 drives inside the 20 and came away with no points. Hopefully opening it up more will allow them to finish the drives they couldn’t finish the first time. Hell I think one time they had first and goal from the 2. Have to capitalize on those kind of opportunities against good teams like Springfield.

Last edited:
From what I have heard, Waterloo will play EP this coming Friday. Windham was to play EP, but folded it season.
Interesting to see Windham folding. I say that because this appears to be a very winnable game for the Bombers. Put a running clock on St John. The same St John team team East Palestine beat by a point

Windham only had 11 healthy players during the Waterloo game. I can see why they folded the season.

Thinking maybe time for Windham to face consolation with J.A. Garfield. I remember when Windham fielded great teams. So sorry their numbers have dwindled. I believe they are only graduating 30-40 students per year. It would be tough for the old timers to consolidate with Garfield, their long time rival, but the football program has really suffered a numbers issue for last 5-10 years. 8 man??

Windham only had 11 healthy players during the Waterloo game. I can see why they folded the season.

Windham suffered a key injury in the game at Waterloo. Then immediately had a fourth down stop. The coaches asked for and agreed to a running clock with the score on 21-0. Waterloo scored immediately on their next drive. But, Windham did get on the board late in the game. Which, regardless how their season ended, had to be a positive.

I liked that when Waterloo's coaching staff was asked by the officials if they could start the running clock. The Waterloo coach said yes, and that "We've been there before". Was a nice sentiment for two teams that are just there to play. They know the struggle.