Troy vs Edgewood cancelled

This is why this whole covid playoff is a joke. Just imagine if this happens to a team during state championship week. I personally wish all the schools would have just said hell to OHSAA and RINO Mike and just played a 10 game reg. season schedule.

And their insurers would of laughed at the idea

It would have been an extraordinary feat, but after week six, a region could’ve created their own tournament (opting out of OHSAA’s playoffs) and assured all teams get 4 more games and crown a regional champion, placing teams all the way to 8th place.
No need to worry about “insurers”.

This is why this whole covid playoff is a joke. Just imagine if this happens to a team during state championship week. I personally wish all the schools would have just said hell to OHSAA and RINO Mike and just played a 10 game reg. season schedule.

If a team makes it that far I hope the coach preaches self discipline. I know of two local teams that had to forfeit because the spread came from a party the kids attended.

I've said it before and I will say it again - no way should one positive case shut the entire team down. The odds that that player has 15 minutes of continuous contact is slim to none. Lineman-to-opposing-lineman contact in 4 quarters of a game is 10 minutes or less. This is just radical health departments trying over reach. Again, in Ohio, in 2020 during the football season so far - no major illness, no hospitalizations, no deaths if any players or staff.

It’s unfortunate for Troy I agree. They likely would have had their way with Edgewood and moved on? But after that? Do they have a chance to beat Winton Woods, Lasalle, or even Piqua? I doubt it. It’s unfortunate for the seniors who have to go out this way. It’s unfortunate it has to be this way. All we can do is wish the player (or players) the best on their recovery and come back next year ready. Troy has a lot of key players who are coming back next year and we’ll be ready. We’ll be contenders for the foreseeable future. Good luck to Everyone in region 8. And as always, go Troy!

I've said it before and I will say it again - no way should one positive case shut the entire team down. The odds that that player has 15 minutes of continuous contact is slim to none. Lineman-to-opposing-lineman contact in 4 quarters of a game is 10 minutes or less. This is just radical health departments trying over reach. Again, in Ohio, in 2020 during the football season so far - no major illness, no hospitalizations, no deaths if any players or staff.
My kids school district one teacher in the 7th grade tested positive and the entire grade is quarantined for 2 weeks!

agree 100%.
A total joke.
It's not dangerous.
Basketball games get cancelled for the FLU, for real, like our kids are home and cannot move.
Haven't heard of 1 instance where an athlete(no less a team) was legit sick.

Totally ridiculous only being one positive case. Better to get to try and play shorthanded some rather then not at all.

Miami County Health Dept. The Troy athletic director openly discussed how disappointed he was. So it was clearly not his decision nor the school. Troy is a football town and we love our football. Very unfortunate situation.
That’s what I thought. Not sure why some on here want to place all of the blame on the OHSAA or even DeWine (although he certainly has not been perfect) when it’s the schools, or in this case the county health boards, that have been canceling the games. Oh well, good luck to Troy next year! They are the only Ohio high school that I know of that has the same exact name as a college team. The Troy Trojans from Alabama.

Last edited:
agree 100%.
A total joke.
It's not dangerous.
Basketball games get cancelled for the FLU, for real, like our kids are home and cannot move.
Haven't heard of 1 instance where an athlete(no less a team) was legit sick.
Perhaps you’re unaware of the fact there are Ohio districts that close school due to flu outbreaks.

Going to happen alot over the next couple weeks to a whole bunch of teams...Cant say I agree with it but it is the way it is this year.
I just hope that it does not affect our team, I hate it but I guess it is what it is...

The ignorant and irresponsible attitudes on here are precisely why Ohio has made zero progress in combating the virus
Over 2,000 new cases in the past 24 hours, the most since the pandemic began. It's not getting better because schmucks refuse to follow simple instructions.
Exactly

The ignorant and irresponsible attitudes on here are precisely why Ohio has made zero progress in combating the virus
Over 2,000 new cases in the past 24 hours, the most since the pandemic began. It's not getting better because schmucks refuse to follow simple instructions.

Easy to do when an idiot is leading this country and they follow his lead.

Because "rights" and "freedoms" and "liberties" and all that jazz supposedly. Also doesn't help that the weather's getting colder too. I hope to God I'm wrong, but I can see cases continuing to climb, and DeWine possibly being forced to suspend HS sports around the state, which is the LAST thing we need.