Hubbard at Geneva week 8

sportster4321

Hubbard travels to Geneva for a battle featuring a set of Eagles. To my knowledge this is the first ever game between these two. Roberto can help me with that. This game will be played at Geneva's home field, Spire institute. Spire is the prestigious basketball school in northern Ohio where Lamelo Ball played for a season. As for the teams. Hubbard is 5-2 coming off a ugly 42-38 win over Alliance. Alliance QB Alexander is probably the best quarterback the eagles will see all season. There's no doubt in my mind had he been healthy and played earlier in the year that the Aviators would have won a few games. Hubbard is a running team featuring one of the best running backs in the Mahoning Valley, T.C. Caffey a junior who's coming off a 250 yard rushing performance in week 7. Jarvis did throw for two scores last week which Hubbard will need more of to keep defenses honest. Overall Hubbard is very young with some bright spots. The defense has been putrid lately and will need to do a 180 to have a chance in this game. Are there any Geneva posters on here? From watching film I think both teams match up well and expect a very competitive game Friday.

I agree this should be a competitive game. In a CLOSE matchup with a team from valley, I'll always give the edge to the team from the valley because they are tough as nails. Geneva lost their marquee CVC contest to Perry two weeks ago, but is not a team to look past. I provided a link to an article from the local paper for that game so you can read about the player highlights.

This should be a very hard fought, competitive game. #35 is a beast of a running back. #7, #10 & #71 also stand out for Geneva. #22, #51, #2 & #11 standout for Hubbard. This game should be a quick one since both teams are so run heavy. Good luck to both teams for a hard fought, injury free game!

Hubbard travels to Geneva for a battle featuring a set of Eagles. To my knowledge this is the first ever game between these two. Roberto can help me with that. This game will be played at Geneva's home field, Spire institute. Spire is the prestigious basketball school in northern Ohio where Lamelo Ball played for a season. As for the teams. Hubbard is 5-2 coming off a ugly 42-38 win over Alliance. Alliance QB Alexander is probably the best quarterback the eagles will see all season. There's no doubt in my mind had he been healthy and played earlier in the year that the Aviators would have won a few games. Hubbard is a running team featuring one of the best running backs in the Mahoning Valley, T.C. Caffey a junior who's coming off a 250 yard rushing performance in week 7. Jarvis did throw for two scores last week which Hubbard will need more of to keep defenses honest. Overall Hubbard is very young with some bright spots. The defense has been putrid lately and will need to do a 180 to have a chance in this game. Are there any Geneva posters on here? From watching film I think both teams match up well and expect a very competitive game Friday.

You are correct. This is the very first meeting.
Other Ashtabula schools:
We played at Madison in 1980 (W 35-14)
Conneaut 6 times from 1953-1979. We lead series 4-2. 5 were at home, 1979 was there.

Caffey has to have a huge night, neither teams qb can throw it at all, this will be a game early really fast with 2 running teams and a cool night

Marc Means

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_7698 Oct. 15 14.27.jpg
    ScreenHunter_7698 Oct. 15 14.27.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 36
Marc Means
Lol. I think the results or Poland and SR left a big impression on people this season. All these guys look at are records. No background work. I'll never forget guess "expert" Matt Baird picked against Hubbard for the first five weeks of the 2014 season. Of course was when Hubbard was loaded and probably the best team in the area. Ticked me off more every week lol.

Good luck to The Eagles of Hubbard High tonight.

This will be a great experience for this young team which will carry over into next year. Believe in yourselves...

Prove the doubters wrong. Play Hubbard Eagle football and bring a win back to the Mahoning valley. Don't forget that feeling after losing to Indian Creek last season. Turn it into anger and take it out on Geneva.

Doesn’t look like YSN is showing any PPV games tonight. I looked at their website and nothing about tonight. Anyone have any info? Thanks in advance.

Thanks Y-town. It says purchase your "Power Play Pass" so I'm guessing we might get all the games this weekend again for 1 price. Nice to watch Saturday day games.
FYI-Hickory broadcasts all their games free due to the Joanow Legal Group sponsoring and creating their own channel (not You-Tube) with no sign up. Just watch. Commentary is by the lawters and quite informative.

Thanks Y-town. It says purchase your "Power Play Pass" so I'm guessing we might get all the games this weekend again for 1 price. Nice to watch Saturday day games.
FYI-Hickory broadcasts all their games free due to the Joanow Legal Group sponsoring and creating their own channel (not You-Tube) with no sign up. Just watch. Commentary is by the lawters and quite informative.

You are welcome. I do think that is the case, all games for that $9.99 price.

GO EAGLES!

Prove the doubters wrong. Play Hubbard Eagle football and bring a win back to the Mahoning valley. Don't forget that feeling after losing to Indian Creek last season. Turn it into anger and take it out on Geneva.
That Indian Creek loss still stings.

For some reason I like this year's team 'better than last year's team" even though this team is so much younger. Maybe because I see the potential for this team talent wise for the next couple of years.

Nobody in town this summer was actually talking about this years team, all the talk (lots of excitement) has always been on next year's team.

Big game for the Hubbard program IMO. Winning this one will be huge for the development and experience of this young team. Good luck Hubbard!
I totally agree with you olschool.

This game experience will go a long way by playing quality opponents. I like playing playoff teams because you're playing all good teams every week...