Barberton 0-4 at Wadsworth 2-1

With both teams in R6, I'm keeping an eye on this one. Definitely surprised by Wadsworth giving up so many points, but a lot of D's in the state are getting worked over this year and the Griz offense is prolific. The Magics seem to be taking a big dip from their recent success.

With both teams in R6, I'm keeping an eye on this one. Definitely surprised by Wadsworth giving up so many points, but a lot of D's in the state are getting worked over this year and the Griz offense is prolific. The Magics seem to be taking a big dip from their recent success.

Im surprised at the quality of defense being played all over this season.......Barberton is in full rebuild mode this season. Replacing 19 starters from last season with only 6 seniors on the team. Most of the guys that are starting this year had no varsity experience and it shows. The Magics will be fine cutting their teeth against this schedule.

Im surprised at the quality of defense being played all over this season.......Barberton is in full rebuild mode this season. Replacing 19 starters from last season with only 6 seniors on the team. Most of the guys that are starting this year had no varsity experience and it shows. The Magics will be fine cutting their teeth against this schedule.
It's as poor as I've ever seen. I expect it will tighten up deeper in the playoffs, as teams have more experience under their belts, but who knows? This is not a normal year for anything.

Past few years I kept thinking this game might happen during playoffs but it just never lined up.

Wadsworth offense is video game like although they replaced entire O-line except one. On defense they replaced 8. Then during 2 a days they lost a 3 year starting LB, week 2 lost Iowa St commit Carson Marshall who made it through a quarter week three. So they have been in transition but have been getting absolutely shredded.

I personally thought the Magics would be better. 0-7 is not what I expected but it's reality. We will probably lose to W 42-20. I despise having to say this but I have to agree with the haters like jbica in that we are pretty much back to Barberton football. 1-9 and 2-8 seasons for the next 25 years doesn't sound fun but until the next key thompson comes along that will probably be our fate.

I personally thought the Magics would be better. 0-7 is not what I expected but it's reality. We will probably lose to W 42-20. I despise having to say this but I have to agree with the haters like jbica in that we are pretty much back to Barberton football. 1-9 and 2-8 seasons for the next 25 years doesn't sound fun but until the next key thompson comes along that will probably be our fate.

Barberton will be 8-2 at worst next year. More likely 9-1 or 10-0

Barberton will be 8-2 at worst next year. More likely 9-1 or 10-0
Based off of what! 10-0! Lol. La la land. I have some land to sell you called Lime Lake Paradise! Your the same guy that predicted Glazer would win the state! You have no cred!

Glory Days for Free and Bica. Every year during 25 years will predict 10-0 8-2. Lol. Drank to much cough syrup at their lockers!

Glory Days for Free and Bica. Every year during 25 years will predict 10-0 8-2. Lol. Drank to much cough syrup at their lockers!
I'd love to have success like that. I will die with magic football even if we are winless for ten years, but the 17 team was more fun then I could handle. I can't wait to see a magic team like that again, but Key Thompson's and Garrett Turnbaughs don't happen often in Barberton and when they do they usually transfer to the Hobans of the world. After this season I don't wanna play in suburban american, I love this schedule, would rather be 6-4 playing wadsworth and Solon as opposed to 10-0 playing Ellet, Norton, Firestone and the suburban.

If you are right I will find you and bow down to you and post on yappi that I did it.
No need for that lol. Barberton will be fine. The teams we are playing this year are far more experienced than we are. That wont be the case in the coming seasons.

I feel a little bad for Barberton as they've in part been the victim of their schedule. Despite playing with a young team they've been in every game against quality opponents (12-3 combined record). If they had for example Green's schedule ( 3-8 combined) they might be over .500 and the season might be looked on much more favorably.

I think the fact that they've been competitive bodes well for the future, even if they go winless.

I feel a little bad for Barberton as they've in part been the victim of their schedule. Despite playing with a young team they've been in every game against quality opponents (12-3 combined record). If they had for example Green's schedule ( 3-8 combined) they might be over .500 and the season might be looked on much more favorably.

I think the fact that they've been competitive bodes well for the future, even if they go winless.

Well this means Barberton will score over 50

It does.....I dont think many people understand the difference in juniors and seniors. We also had to replace our D-coordinator who left for a D1 school

Barberton's 35th all-time win over Wadsworth....Can't wait to see them in 2022 and 2023