Woman Arrested and Tased at Logan Football Game For Not Wearing a Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serpico puts it into perspective in his statement above.
A site admin (the principal) did address it with her first, and so did the SRO. That wasn’t captured on video, but I’m sure everyone can put 2+2 together how the lummox filming (and narrating) this thought to get her phone out and start taping - it’s because they had been talking to this woman for a while asking her to put the mask on or to leave. The woman caused a scene, stating she wasn’t going to put the mask back on nor leave. They put the trespass on her when she refused to leave after being instructed to.

Hardly anyone there and this clown decides to overstep his authority. This garbage gives policing a bad name. Be professional.
So, I'm a black guy....walking down the street in a stop and frisk town. (which is a policy, not a law) Cops tell me to stop so they can search me. Am I ok to resist? I mean, I'm innocent...I haven't done anything. Just happen to be the wrong color in the wrong own? Are you ok with the cop cuffing and tossing me if I resist? Many on the right are, which is why I ask.

Forward to this....I'm a white chick....going to a football game with expectations posted clearly. I decide to ignore them. A cop asks me to leave and I become combative......the cop should have backed down?

Is that really your stance? Because I can tell you right now, that the black guy in my scenario would have been thrown to the pavement the second they started resisting. I was raised to do what the cops tell you to do. It's a good rule to abide by if what they are asking you to do is lawful. Resisting doesn't warrant a death sentence, and wearing a mask isn't about freedom.

A site admin (the principal) did address it with her first, and so did the SRO. That wasn’t captured on video, but I’m sure everyone can put 2+2 together how the lummox filming (and narrating) this thought to get her phone out and start taping - it’s because they had been talking to this woman for a while asking her to put the mask on or to leave. The woman caused a scene, stating she wasn’t going to put the mask back on nor leave. They put the trespass on her when she refused to leave after being instructed to.
If you are the principal of that school, do you die on that hill? I do not. They are going to get a storm of massive proportions.

If you are the principal of that school, do you die on that hill? I do not. They are going to get a storm of massive proportions.
The community seems pretty behind the school/officer on this one. It’s the outside right wing crazies that seem to be the problem.

Hey, Dnise. I didn’t say ALL. I said many of the stupid are KNOWN drug abusers who don’t wear masks. Classy outfit. Also many have a record ... theft, robbery, assault, drugs, etc.

Sad, but true.

Logan’s AD explained it to the Marietta Times well: “The other option is to stop the game and then we send kids home. I don’t want to hurt these kids. We’re here to respect the players and let the kids play.”

Schools in our area, including Logan, have told their SRO’s that they want trespasses put on unmasked visitors who refuse to leave after being asked to put their mask back on or leave.

Marietta City Schools has already come out and said they’re behind the actions Logan officials took, and that they’re not going to bat for this lady.

So, I'm a black guy....walking down the street in a stop and frisk town. (which is a policy, not a law) Cops tell me to stop so they can search me. Am I ok to resist? I mean, I'm innocent...I haven't done anything. Just happen to be the wrong color in the wrong own? Are you ok with the cop cuffing and tossing me if I resist? Many on the right are, which is why I ask.

Forward to this....I'm a white chick....going to a football game with expectations posted clearly. I decide to ignore them. A cop asks me to leave and I become combative......the cop should have backed down?

Is that really your stance? Because I can tell you right now, that the black guy in my scenario would have been thrown to the pavement the second they started resisting. I was raised to do what the cops tell you to do. It's a good rule to abide by if what they are asking you to do is lawful. Resisting doesn't warrant a death sentence, and wearing a mask isn't about freedom.
Stereotypes exist for a reason. I have no issue with how police choose to profile people based on their experiences in the field. In this case, it was unnecessary imo.

Hey, Dnise. I didn’t say ALL. I said many of the stupid are KNOWN drug abusers who don’t wear masks. Classy outfit. Also many have a record ... theft, robbery, assault, drugs, etc.

Sad, but true.
Sad, but true? You are making no point, because a lot of the drug abusers, and people that commit other crimes wear masks also

Stereotypes exist for a reason. I have no issue with how police choose to profile people based on their experiences in the field. In this case, it was unnecessary imo.
As has been explained ad infinitum, it was a trespass. She was asked multiple times to put her mask back on, she refused; she was asked to leave multiple times, she refused. This has nothing to do with “profiling.” She resisted arrest on the trespass, and was tased as a result. This woman and her dumb friends think this can be a cause celebre, it’s nowhere close. She committed two crimes, and it stopped being about a mask the second she refused to leave after being told to.

I’m just thankful that we’ve set precedent on criminal trespassing. Now we can arrest these rioters after they’ve been warned to leave private/public property. Cuffing and tasing within 2 minutes of non compliance. Good news for her is Bloomberg or Harris should pick up any fines for this criminal offense.

Sad, but true.
This response is just silly. I don't really know what else to add.

Walking down the street fits a profile? Oh you mean while black. Interesting. Maybe dnis30 is on to something. Unintentionally of course.

Maybe in Marietta to this cop she fits the profile of a skanky white meth head, who knows.

Yup— you’ve pretty well defined yourself there— no problem with stereotypes— and profiling based on experiences in life— at least when it comes to people who don’t look like you— OK— I accept your rationale there...

Then why Is it that “in this case, it was unnecessary“ In Your Opinion— didn’t she fit the profile? Didn’t she have the profile of a clear scofflaw— somebody with a mask hanging out of her pocket that she had to have worn to gain entry in the first place, but NOW not wearing it at an event where wearing a mask was a condition of entry and attendance...She might just as well have had a crowbar, as she stood next to a forcibly pried open door, or a SlimJim door lock picking tool as she inserted it into car door window... She CERTAINLY LOOKED LIKE someone who fit the profile of a brazen scofflaw, caught red-handed in the act— so tell me, WHY in this instance, was it “unnecessary” to apprehend and arrest her— but, in all those other “stop & frisk” profiling incidents based off of less evidence (just a stereotype), you ARE FINE WITH THOSE?

Yup— you’ve pretty well defined yourself there— no problem with stereotypes— and profiling based on experiences in life— at least when it comes to people who don’t look like you— OK— I accept your rationale there...

Then why Is it that “in this case, it was unnecessary“ In Your Opinion— didn’t she fit the profile? Didn’t she have the profile of a clear scofflaw— somebody with a mask hanging out of her pocket that she had to have worn to gain entry in the first place, but NOW not wearing it at an event where wearing a mask was a condition of entry and attendance...She might just as well have had a crowbar, as she stood next to a forcibly pried open door, or a SlimJim door lock picking tool as she inserted it into car door window... She CERTAINLY LOOKED LIKE someone who fit the profile of a brazen scofflaw, caught red-handed in the act— so tell me, WHY in this instance, was it “unnecessary” to apprehend and arrest her— but, in all those other “stop & frisk” profiling incidents based off of less evidence (just a stereotype), you ARE FINE WITH THOSE?
Maybe he was profiling her? She’s a Marietta fan so a high probably she has a drug history. Is that an appropriate use of stereotypes? Or is that different?

Not only is DeWine a Dictator but he is wasting our money enforcing this type of crap! This poor cop/security guard and woman should not have been put in this predicament. Dictator DeWine SUCKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.