Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

I just know what I saw last year, New Miami and Perry would not have won a game in the MAC, and they were both at the top of their respective leagues. This is a new year and it’s all about matchups, but I guess that’s what will make this year’s playoffs so interesting!
Perry would have been lucky to win more than 1 or 2 games in the NWC. Perry last year went undefeated in the NWCC and even won a playoff game, but got waxed by Spencerville and Allen East in weeks 1 and 2, and then lost to Jefferson in week 3 who went 0-7 in the NWC 2 years in a row.

This is MAC delusion at its best. You clearly have not watched Spencerville or Leipsic play recently. St. John's is a great and storied program, but they are in a hole they don't seem to be coming out of. 1 win for the year 29-20 over 0-4 Parkway, and got beat by an 0-3 Minster and because they're in the MAC they can show up and beat 2 programs who have recently been at their best in school history? Take the blinders off man.
Last two years Parkway has played DSJ and Spencerville. Parkway def. Spen. by 2 tds last season and DSJ by 2 tds. Year before lost to both by a td. So I would think a DSJ - Spen. game would be close, one score game either way.

Last two years Parkway has played DSJ and Spencerville. Parkway def. Spen. by 2 tds last season and DSJ by 2 tds. Year before lost to both by a td. So I would think a DSJ - Spen. game would be close, one score game either way.
seen the Bluejays live and the bearcats on TV, i think the bearcats win , going away, expecially with the Fairchild boy from Delphos being hurt....

This is MAC delusion at its best. You clearly have not watched Spencerville or Leipsic play recently. St. John's is a great and storied program, but they are in a hole they don't seem to be coming out of. 1 win for the year 29-20 over 0-4 Parkway, and got beat by an 0-3 Minster and because they're in the MAC they can show up and beat 2 programs who have recently been at their best in school history? Take the blinders off man.
I'm not even from the area. I watched St. Henry dominate a Spencerville team a couple years ago when St. Henry was nothing special, and I was told Spencerville was going to win. I don't have MAC blinders I'm just telling you what I see from an outside point of view. If they end up playing, and Spencerville impresses me, then I will change opinion. Until that point I'm rolling with what I know.

I
I call it as I see 'em.

I am a MAC guy through and through, but dont wear MAC shaded glasses....

Pretty much every year I believe MAC teams who were just on the outside looking in would be able to win a playoff game or two, or three.

The bottom few teams? WOuld all depend on the matchup, and considering they will be facing much higher seeds I would see MAYBE of the bottom three of Anna/DSJ/PW winning a game this year. MAYBE.
If I had to guess, maybe DSJ with being in D7 would possibly have a shot.
They may not face a high seed in the first round. R24 has the top 8 seeds getting a first round bye. It is quite possible Parkway could get a win in round 1.

They may not face a high seed in the first round. R24 has the top 8 seeds getting a first round bye. It is quite possible Parkway could get a win in round 1.
Yeah, it def could be the luck of the draw.
No, or very few byes, they are in trouble I think..

I

Two more teams opted out. Now the top 10 teams get a buy. Teams #11 thru #16 host teams #22 thru #17.

I believe if I read correctly, that it’s not an option, correct. If you are seeded in the top 10 you have to take a bye. In basketball the top seeds choose which line they want to go on.

Well a few things I learned from last night:

1. Luke Sudhoff is going to be a good one to watch for Coldwater these next 2 years.

2. I can never tell when Parkway will be competitive with a team or get destroyed

3. St John's honestly isnt that bad for what their record is. I do think they definitely can win a playoff game.

4. Tigerball is back!

Went to the ML - Minster game as Minster had extra tix at the gate. Game was a lot closer than the score, as Minster had a td pass called back and on a different drive fumbled inside ML's 5 yd. line. Minster ran the ball with Nixon ( QB draws ) better than any team has against ML. For the Flyers the running game is still stuck in neutral, might have to throw more to get the running game going but as of now not a team that just can line up and run the ball at will. When Seitz is in the game at line backer, ML has 3 soph. at linebacker, in fact 8 of ML's starting 11 on defense are underclassmen.

Went to the ML - Minster game as Minster had extra tix at the gate. Game was a lot closer than the score, as Minster had a td pass called back and on a different drive fumbled inside ML's 5 yd. line. Minster ran the ball with Nixon ( QB draws ) better than any team has against ML. For the Flyers the running game is still stuck in neutral, might have to throw more to get the running game going but as of now not a team that just can line up and run the ball at will. When Seitz is in the game at line backer, ML has 3 soph. at linebacker, in fact 8 of ML's starting 11 on defense are underclassmen.
i think Minster is now about -15 turnover margin this year, last year I think the Cats were PLUS 18 in turnovers. I did see the comments by Goodwin where he said Minster did some things to their defense that haven't been done before this year. The Cats have improved thru the season, but just can't turn the ball over. At this point after seeing Loramie and the Flyers play, I would put the favorite in that game to the Shelby County Fort, but the skins are battling some injury problems..... gonna get interesting.

Minster is really struggling with number of boys playing football right now. Football roster has just 10 jrs. and 8 soph., surprising considering the recent success that Minster has had under Stokes.