WKBN Game of the Week

No shot they pick that over Ursuline Mooney and Canfield boardman and Poland struthers regardless of how the teams are doing this year
Also Springfield and Jackson Milton will both be 5-0 playing for the league that might be it
According to my friend who works for WYFX/WKBN/WYTV, it will not be Poland vs Struthers as Poland will have just been featured this week vs Hubbard. Springfield, McDonald, Fitch (2X), Harding, LaBrae, Brookfield, Boardman, Chaney, Cardinal Mooney were already featured.

They are going to try and not feature any that were already featured.
Howland and JFK have not been featured, nor has Ursuline (opp Mooney has been), Canfield (opp Boardman has been), Struthers (opp Poland has been) or Jackson Milton (opp Springfield has been).
It just might end up Howland vs JFK, but most likely Ursuline vs Mooney or possibly Canfield vs Boardman but only if that is what the sponsors/advertisers dictate, otherwise I'd put my money on Ursuline vs Mooney.
Sometimes the advertisers get a say in who is featured, which would make small teams like Jackson-Milton for instance not likely to be featured.

According to my friend who works for WYFX/WKBN/WYTV, it will not be Poland vs Struthers as Poland will have just been featured this week vs Hubbard. Springfield, McDonald, Fitch (2X), Harding, LaBrae, Brookfield, Boardman, Chaney, Cardinal Mooney were already featured.

They are going to try and not feature any that were already featured.
Howland and JFK have not been featured, nor has Ursuline (opp Mooney has been), Canfield (opp Boardman has been), Struthers (opp Poland has been) or Jackson Milton (opp Springfield has been).
It just might end up Howland vs JFK, but most likely Ursuline vs Mooney or possibly Canfield vs Boardman but only if that is what the sponsors/advertisers dictate, otherwise I'd put my money on Ursuline vs Mooney.
Sometimes the advertisers get a say in who is featured, which would make small teams like Jackson-Milton for instance not likely to be featured.
It’s not free either, schools pay to get put on as well, there’s been teams that didn’t get out on cause they didn’t care to pay for it. There’s been multiple times where teams have played more then once. My thing is jfk just lost and Howland doesn’t have a great record either, I can see Jackson Milton and Springfield just for the league title and undefeated season on the line, money would go on Mooney/Ursuline tho because they have not been good as of late on either side and they still got put on

I’ll eat some crow if I’m wrong but I don’t see that game happening, It would be cool to watch little jfk beat Howland tho lol

It’s not free either, schools pay to get put on as well, there’s been teams that didn’t get out on cause they didn’t care to pay for it.
That is not quite how it works, the schools don't pay the primary advertisers during the game get to choose if they want or they can let the station choose if they don't care. In theory a school could pay for a bunch of commercials during the game, but it hasn't happened yet.

Since there are no true marquee games ( we all anticipate Springfield running clock Jackson Milton) I wont be surprised they go to the Keystone State for a game week 6. I know it's not a popular opinion here, but I wont be surprised.

I’d be surprised if it’s not Mooney-Ursuline. I remember a couple years ago there was 2-3 really awesome matchups (I remember Girard-Labrae being really hyped) that got skipped over for Mooney-Ursuline. I could be misremembering, but I’m pretty sure someone from there tweeted or commented about it and said that some of their bigger advertisers request that game to be shown.

JFK/Howland is 1pm next Saturday. Mooney and Ursuline is 7pm Friday. Moot argument many of you are having. Unless WKBN is going to do a Saturday afternoon game, it wouldn’t be JFK/Howland.

It's ALWAYS Mooney/Ursuline. No other game is considered when they play.
From last year's synopsis:

by: WKBN Staff
Posted: Oct 26, 2019 / 07:29 AM EDT / Updated: Oct 26, 2019 / 07:29 AM EDT

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – For the 17th straight year, the classic rivalry between Cardinal Mooney and Ursuline was highlighted Friday night as WKBN’s Game of the Week.

JFK/Howland is 1pm next Saturday. Mooney and Ursuline is 7pm Friday. Moot argument many of you are having. Unless WKBN is going to do a Saturday afternoon game, it wouldn’t be JFK/Howland.

ugh...didn't realize that. Just thought that since this used to be a big rivalry, and we'll never see the game again....that I would have been a nice throwback

It's ALWAYS Mooney/Ursuline. No other game is considered when they play.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – For the 17th straight year, the classic rivalry between Cardinal Mooney and Ursuline was highlighted Friday night as WKBN’s Game of the Week.
Consider this however, Canfield has been shown week 10 a total of 12 times, this includes Boaardman last year and every other time was of course against Poland, and every game Canfield had played against Boardman after not having met since the late 1980's has been the game of the week.

I think the Holy War was traditionally played week 9 so it never conflicted with Canfield vs Poland (or most recently Boardman) week 10 or when the rivalry restarted with Boardman in 2015 it was and has been week 6 up until last year.
So Canfield vs Boardman has been shown 5 straight years and Canfield has been televised the final week of the regular season more than any other team since the GOTW began.

It really depends on who is running the advertisements for week 6, if it is companies that traditionally support Boardman and Canfield then it will be that game conversely, if it is ones who support Mooney or Ursuline it will be that game.

On one occasion they had 2 games the same day, so that is theoretically possible though not likely, in that instance they had one game on MyYTV and one game on WYFX, the MyYTV game aired first, immediately followed by the game on FOX.