Akron cancels Friday, Saturday high school football games following shooting at Thursday’s game

APS has cancelled every sports games this weekend. One bad apple spoiled the whole barrel of kids.

From watching video from the game, they know who the shooter is. Now how long will it take to find him?

So, there is a horrible crime. The school district responds by cancelling a bunch of other stuff.

This is just lovely.

Let's just cancel everything every time that someone dies.

I hope to God they find out who did it. It is really awful that the kids don't get the opportunity this weekend to compete because somebody just HAD to play Billy Bad@$$. And isn't Ellet one of the nicer neighborhoods in Akron? For this to happen there is really troubling.

I hope to God they find out who did it. It is really awful that the kids don't get the opportunity this weekend to compete because somebody just HAD to play Billy Bad@$$. And isn't Ellet one of the nicer neighborhoods in Akron? For this to happen there is really troubling.

It is Mr. Red Raider, but neither of the teams playing were from the neighborhood. Not all of the APS schools have facilities that can host games while Ellet has turf and lights, so quite a few APS games are played there.

It is Mr. Red Raider, but neither of the teams playing were from the neighborhood. Not all of the APS schools have facilities that can host games while Ellet has turf and lights, so quite a few APS games are played there.
It was the plan to hold all APS games at Ellet this year.

I believe only Buchtel home games are at Buchtel. Everything else is Ellet with issues at InfoCision and them leaving Kenmore.
No games at Buchtel this year, all APS football games this year will be held at Ellet, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

APS has cancelled every sports games this weekend. One bad apple spoiled the whole barrel of kids.

From watching video from the game, they know who the shooter is. Now how long will it take to find him?
Do you have a link to the video of the game?

For a long time no night games were aloud to be played in the city.
Actually started in 79 IIRC. Went be back to night games in 80. Then incidents happened in 81. Outside of Stambaugh Stadium there were no more night games at the city fields (South and Rayen) until they refurbished Rayen in 2012

Maybe they're special nachos - lol

If it was for Kenmore Coneys maybe there'd be a defense there, but I can't imagine Ellet has anything of that high of quality at their concession stand.

One of the articles stated there were like 260 people there. It shouldn't be too tough to figure this one out as long as people are cooperating.

If it was for Kenmore Coneys maybe there'd be a defense there, but I can't imagine Ellet has anything of that high of quality at their concession stand.

One of the articles stated there were like 260 people there. It shouldn't be too tough to figure this one out as long as people are cooperating.
Like I said, they know who it was.

Here’s a blurb from the book Akron City Football 1892-1999. 1963 “Rowdyism and vandalism led many cities in Ohio and throughout the nation to ban night games. This was not a problem in Akron, although many fans did not like to attend night games at the Rubber Bowl.” No mention of guns, but still the problems existed some 60 years ago. I was going to those doubleheader’s, and my friends and I had a blast. Don’t remember much more than the occasional parking lot fist fight, after the game ended.