Barberton vs Hudson Wk 3 Updates

Yes, they are lower division but they are generally good teams...Much better than the Revere's and Tallmadge's of the world. And speaking of those two, I dont think they are hanging around the SL much longer
Have they applied elsewhere or looking elsewhere? This is not a new rumor for Revere, but nothing has ever came into fruition.

Yes, they are lower division but they are generally good teams...Much better than the Revere's and Tallmadge's of the world. And speaking of those two, I dont think they are hanging around the SL much longer

They are pretty good but I think the point is Barberton has generally played smaller schools the last few years.

I agree about 2 of them looking elsewhere. They are smaller enrollment. Same with Copley now, they have moved to DIII this year. Although I've heard Revere wants to find a northern conf. I think Revere, Tallmadge and Copley would do well in a DIII Summit/Portage conference which I dont think would be too hard to come up with.

Have they applied elsewhere or looking elsewhere? This is not a new rumor for Revere, but nothing has ever came into fruition.

I think there would have been some movement under normal circumstances this year.

They are pretty good but I think the point is Barberton has generally played smaller schools the last few years.

I agree about 2 of them looking elsewhere. They are smaller enrollment. Same with Copley now, they have moved to DIII this year. Although I've heard Revere wants to find a northern conf. I think Revere, Tallmadge and Copley would do well in a DIII Summit/Portage conference which I dont think would be too hard to come up with.

I agree with that and I think thats why Barberton has looked to schedule bigger schools and smaller schools who are usually good....I think, with the exception of Aurora, Barberton has outgrown the SL American.

I agree with that and I think thats why Barberton has looked to schedule bigger schools and smaller schools who are usually good....I think, with the exception of Aurora, Barberton has outgrown the SL American.
Ya let’s play better schools and NOT make playoffs! Should have kept Ellet last year and not play Massillon. Adult egos hurt the kids.

Ya let’s play better schools and NOT make playoffs! Should have kept Ellet last year and not play Massillon. Adult egos hurt the kids.

Or play bad schools and miss the playoffs(2015)

Barberton has a good team. The 3 teams they have lost to have a combined record of 7-1 with the only loss coming when 2 of the 3 opponents played each other. They played a good D1 team in Stow and it was competitive. They lost by 1 to a good Nordonia team. They got thumped by Hudson, but Hudson is a Top-10 team in the state. You can't be really good every year. Barberton will be fine moving forward.

Barberton has a good team. The 3 teams they have lost to have a combined record of 7-1 with the only loss coming when 2 of the 3 opponents played each other. They played a good D1 team in Stow and it was competitive. They lost by 1 to a good Nordonia team. They got thumped by Hudson, but Hudson is a Top-10 team in the state. You can't be really good every year. Barberton will be fine moving forward.

Yep.....Barberton has been strong the last five years. Had big and talented senior classes in all five of those seasons. This year they have a very small senior class. the current 9th, 10th and 11th grade classes are big and very talented. We will be just fine

I way overrated us but I am glad we are playing good teams. I would welcome a move to a stronger conference. Other than Aurora I feel next year Barberton will dominate the American

final was 47-22 Hudson, if anyone cares at this point. I still would like to know how Barberton ended up with this schedule? Who was responsible? What guidelines was used? Was this the Suburban Leagues idea to see how Barberton would fair in the SL National? Not well as we can see. American is where Barberton belongs with its natural rivals like Copley, Tallmadge, Revere, Kent and Highland.

Should have been more clear. This was the post I was referring to. Natural rivalries with Kent, Highland, Tallmadge? I'll give you Copley for proximity but seriously? You got a great coach and he's a tough cat and does schedule tough non league no doubt. I remember when you CRUSHED Wadsworth in a scrimmage last year and then started talking about hanging with Massillon. A year later and now saying we want Highland, Revere and Kent back? Toughest conference game is Aurora then toss in the Norton rivalry game and you better schedule a tough non league game or two. Will say Barberton is at a disadvantage with proximity to Akron area privates poaching your talent.

Should have been more clear. This was the post I was referring to. Natural rivalries with Kent, Highland, Tallmadge? I'll give you Copley for proximity but seriously? You got a great coach and he's a tough cat and does schedule tough non league no doubt. I remember when you CRUSHED Wadsworth in a scrimmage last year and then started talking about hanging with Massillon. A year later and now saying we want Highland, Revere and Kent back? Toughest conference game is Aurora then toss in the Norton rivalry game and you better schedule a tough non league game or two. Will say Barberton is at a disadvantage with proximity to Akron area privates poaching your talent.

Kent is an old rival so I dont mind them on the schedule. Highland has fallen off but had been good for a while. Revere, Tallmadge and Copley though, not much to get excited about....I dont think anyone would have a problem with this schedule in any other year. But when you are replacing so many starters from last season and you dont have but 6 seniors, its going to be tough. this will pay off in the coming seasons though. 9-11 grades are stacked

Kent is an old rival so I dont mind them on the schedule. Highland has fallen off but had been good for a while. Revere, Tallmadge and Copley though, not much to get excited about....I dont think anyone would have a problem with this schedule in any other year. But when you are replacing so many starters from last season and you dont have but 6 seniors, its going to be tough. this will pay off in the coming seasons though. 9-11 grades are stacked
We have to keep the kids in Barberton

we went 7-3, thats why we didn't make the playoffs, take off the purple lenses dude! Lost to Aurora, Highland, and Copley.

And thats the point. What difference does it make if we lose games in or out of conference. Had we played Ellet and Kenmore Garfield instead of Massillon and Stow last year, then yes, we would have made the playoffs. On the other hand, in 2015, had we played something better than Coventry and Alliance, we probably would have made the playoffs

Yep.....Barberton has been strong the last five years. Had big and talented senior classes in all five of those seasons. This year they have a very small senior class. the current 9th, 10th and 11th grade classes are big and very talented. We will be just fine
again, purple color lenses... 2015 (7-3, no playoffs), 2016 (8-2, Lose to Aurora and Copley, out if first round to Auroa); 2017 (10-0, went to regional final, loss to Hoban); 2018 (10-0, out in first round); 2019 (7-3, Loss to Stow, Aurora, and Massillon, No Playoffs) 2020 (0-3 vs SLN); We had One great year, out of those five. although I'll take it over what we had before.

And thats the point. What difference does it make if we lose games in or out of conference. had we played Ellet and kenmore garfield instead of Massillo or Stow last year, then yes, we would have made the playoffs. on the other hand, in 2015, had we played something better than Coventry and Alliance, we probably would have made the playoffs
If you didn't lose to those teams, that would have been a playoff year, thats the point!

again, purple color lenses... 2015 (7-3, no playoffs), 2016 (8-2, Lose to Aurora and Copley, out if first round to Auroa); 2017 (10-0, went to regional final, loss to Hoban); 2018 (10-0, out in first round); 2019 (7-3, Loss to Stow, Aurora, and Massillon, No Playoffs) 2020 (0-3 vs SLN); We had One great year, out of those five. although I'll take it over what we had before.

44-11, 3 playoff seasons and 2 league championships in the last five seasons. Most schools would take that. We lost 19 starters from last season and only have six seniors this season and are playing bigger, more experienced teams. what do you expect?

44-11, 3 playoff seasons and 2 league championships in the last five seasons. Most schools would take that. We lost 19 starters from last season and only have six seniors this season and are playing bigger, more experienced teams. what do you expect?
My point is that based one group of kids that came through, you think the SLA is to weak for us, yet you see we can’t complete with SLN teams. Do you know for a fact that all these kids will play next year when they go 1-5 or 0-6? You don’t, some might leave, some might decide not to play, and your trying to put us in a league we wouldn’t complete in.

My point is that based one group of kids that came through, you think the SLA is to weak for us, yet you see we can’t complete with SLN teams. Do you know for a fact that all these kids will play next year when they go 1-5 or 0-6? You don’t, some might leave, some might decide not to play, and your trying to put us in a league we wouldn’t complete in.
Agree with Bica. Free please stop. Each year for 20 years u spited off talking about how great football school. Now having success winning and u don’t like that? Is you medulla oblingata messed up? Think instead of chanting!

The point of High School Sports is for the Student Athletes to Enjoy it with the Community. Do you think they are Enjoying 0-3 and looking at Brecksville next? Those SLA schools use to stomp the crap out of us, then call us names. I Enjoy seeing Barberton beating them into a pulp and I would like to see that continue!

The point of High School Sports is for the Student Athletes to Enjoy it with the Community. Do you think they are Enjoying 0-3 and looking at Brecksville next? Those SLA schools use to stomp the crap out of us, then call us names. I Enjoy seeing Barberton beating them into a pulp and I would like to see that continue!
Yes

we went 7-3, thats why we didn't make the playoffs, take off the purple lenses dude! Lost to Aurora, Highland, and Copley.
Beat 1 of those. Make it in! No points for losing to Massillon. Free you do not understand playoff points.