WBL Prediction Contest Week 3

dhsdog06

4 unanimous picks last week, with Shawnee being the 12-5 favorite over Celina. Like last week, 17 posters made picks, with cknights dropping off and RDR1115 coming aboard. We have 16 still alive for the title.

Favorites only went 3-2 this week with the shocking upset of O-G by Elida and the mild surprise by Bath. No one lost more than 3 this week, but no one won more than 3, so everyone is still within a game.

7-3
CoachClay
Insane92
Union County Fan
buckeye1689
StateChampion2012
CougarDad52
dhsdog06
Nash
tucson
snoopdog3

6-4
jonmoxon
LICKING COUNTY FAN
NLLBEST
BlessEmAll
Iroquois

4-1
cknights

3-2
RDR1115

Week 3 Games:
1-1 O-G @ St. Marys 2-0
0-2 Defiance @ Shawnee 1-1
1-1 Bath @ Elida 1-1
1-1 Celina @ Kenton 1-1
2-0 Van Wert @ Wapakoneta 0-2

Week 3 Games:
1-1 O-G @ St. Marys 2-0
1-1 Bath
@ Elida 1-1
1-1 Celina @ Kenton 1-1
2-0 Van Wert
@ Wapakoneta 0-2

1-1 O-G @ St. Marys 2-0
1-1 Bath
@ Elida 1-1
1-1 Celina @ Kenton 1-1
2-0 Van Wert
@ Wapakoneta 0-2

Seems to be a consensus among everyone here.

The consensus is strong, but I would say only a Defiance win would be a big surprise. I could see any of the other four going the other way.

I have payed the most attention to St. Marys and so far their offense has not been high-powered to say the least.

Week 3 Games:
1-1 O-G @ St. Marys 2-0
1-1 Bath @ Elida 1-1
1-1 Celina @ Kenton 1-1
2-0 Van Wert @ Wapakoneta 0-2

Week 3 Games:
O-G @ St. Marys
Defiance @ Shawnee
Bath
@ Elida
Celina @ Kenton
Van Wert
@ Wapakoneta

1-1 O-G @ St. Marys 2-0
1-1 Bath
@ Elida 1-1
1-1 Celina @ Kenton 1-1
2-0 Van Wert
@ Wapakoneta 0-2

Going with the consensus again this week, but NOTHING would shock me. Even a Defiance win, if they could play 4 quarters of offense like the first half against VW.

St Marys- I'm guessing last week was a fluke for OG and SM hasn't been that good offensively. But what if week 2 wasn't a fluke? Fewer questions for the Riders
Shawnee- Defiance sure does look like the league's worst team. Can't even think about picking them until they give me a reason to.
Bath- Has been good. No idea on Elida, they actually looked worse than Defiance against VW, then beat OG. How?
Kenton- Cats haven't been great. Gut tells me Celina is number 9.
Van Wert- Cougars look real. Skins have to have everyone available and show us what they are.

For all the consensus picks, at least the league is looking fun for once again. If it lasts.

For once there could be some parity? Tough picks. Glad I am not compiling them this year.
SM
Shawnee
Bath - hasn't been blown out like Elida was.
Kenton - I'll go with comparative scores.
Van Wert - offense is probably the best unit in this game.