Week 3: St. X

Tristate Football preview.

I'm an X guy, not trying to start trouble, but in the playoff last year I recall Clifford dropping a bomb down the St. X sideline, would have added a big chunk to his total.

Elder has won 3 in a row.

Usually always ends up close. Even the Blowouts (X in '16, Elder in '18) were tied or close at half. In '17 X was much better, but Elder drove to the 5 yd line for tying score, I think Bittner got sacked by maybe Kiesling for X to win?

Much as I like ref homer jokes about the Pit, last week X/LaSalle was normal GCL crew, Joe Binder and crew. I suspect similar type GCL crew tonite.

Good luck to all, pray for no injuries to the players.

I'm an X guy, not trying to start trouble, but in the playoff last year I recall Clifford dropping a bomb down the St. X sideline, would have added a big chunk to his total.

Elder has won 3 in a row.

Usually always ends up close. Even the Blowouts (X in '16, Elder in '18) were tied or close at half. In '17 X was much better, but Elder drove to the 5 yd line for tying score, I think Bittner got sacked by maybe Kiesling for X to win?

Much as I like ref homer jokes about the Pit, last week X/LaSalle was normal GCL crew, Joe Binder and crew. I suspect similar type GCL crew tonite.

Good luck to all, pray for no injuries to the players.
Elder completed a pass near the 1 yard line in 2017 but the WR was stopped short. Similar to the Rams v Titans super bowl. Though, I believe Elder lost by 8, so they still would’ve needed a 2 pt conversion to tie.

10 all at half. Elder dominated the 1st Q, X dominated the 2nd. Elder needs to go back to getting the ball on the edge to Ramsey & Johnson. Both had big plays early but Elder got away from that.

Agreed Omar, interesting game to watch. Not sure why Elder didn't keep after that right edge of their line, a couple huge gains there. Should be a fun second half.

offensive pass interference call was big. couldn't really see what they thought they saw from the replay.

offensive pass interference call was big. couldn't really see what they thought they saw from the replay.
I’ll be fair and say watching online it looked bogus, BUT there could’ve been contact out of view. That was a huge call on 3rd down with the game tied. However, I don’t think Elder’s D was ever going to stop X’s Offense. Unfortunately, Elder’s D just hasn’t had time to gel. Tackling remains a big issue and it doesn’t help when your 2 toughest games in the first 3 weeks of the yr.

Last edited:
Final X 38-24. Have to give credit to the X offensive coaches, going up tempo caught Elder off balance and wore the Defense out. Elder played better than I thought they would as I believe X is the better team.

That said, I have no doubts the GMC coaches will do everything possible to match them up in the playoffs

rather than 1st and 10 on X's 40 elder has 3rd and forever on elder's 21
Yes, but again, did it look to you like Elder was going to be able to get a stop? This looked a lot like the LS game. Another big play was on Elder’s last drive. 2nd & 1, they just miss Nieman down the sideline. Next play they go Wildcat and Ramsey loses 5-6 yards trying to do too much. Hard to fault him for trying to make a play, but if he stays bw the Tackles, he loses 1-2 yards and it’s a manageable 4th down, instead of Punting.

Also, I’m not trying to call anyone out, but did Elder change LS on punts? The kid who had been doing it up to this point has been super reliable including last yr. They had 2 bad snaps this game, one really sealed the game bc it gave X the ball inside the Elder 40 on their last drive.

Should be fixed. Software update.
Not fixed!! I paid $10 and the video was on about a 5 minute delay or more. With 3 minutes left in the game it went off. I noticed on Facebook people were reporting the game in the 4th quarter at 24-24 and I was watching it with 3:41 left in the 3rd qt and the score was 17-17. Will not pay for the broadcast again. I watched the first game of the year and it was ok. Just a heads up.

Not fixed!! I paid $10 and the video was on about a 5 minute delay or more. With 3 minutes left in the game it went off. I noticed on Facebook people were reporting the game in the 4th quarter at 24-24 and I was watching it with 3:41 left in the 3rd qt and the score was 17-17. Will not pay for the broadcast again. I watched the first game of the year and it was ok. Just a heads up.
The issue last week was the audio & game play didn’t sync. If the broadcast overall is behind a few minutes vs regular time, that’s nbd IMO.

Sorry to hear that, but my guess is that it was probably an issue with your Internet connection. And it’s correctable. My assumption is that your video stream “paused” or buffered which causes your stream to fall behind. In the stream player, you can click the word “Live” and it will jump you back to the live point of the game.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Sorry to hear that, but my guess is that it was probably an issue with your Internet connection. And it’s correctable. My assumption is that your video stream “paused” or buffered which causes your stream to fall behind. In the stream player, you can click the word “Live” and it will jump you back to the live point of the game.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?
Only thing I noticed was some brief slowdowns in the stream, but nothing else. Didn’t lose connection once.

Well worth the $10 to not have to listen to the X announcers.
Sour grapes, Dude— the X students did a great job— and were very unbiased— they even called out a potential penalty that could have been called on the X center, on that key encroachment penalty on Elder, on the last X TD drive...

The Elder D has a ton of work to do. Hopefully can beat Moe and get a lot better before they play Cathedral. Any updates on a Replacement Opponent for the Virginia team game being cancelled?

I think that was a bad call, but Elder really let down after that. You can't let one bad call beat you. All in all, this was a pretty good game for Elder despite the 4th quarter. I'd rather win in the playoffs than win in September.

The Elder D has a ton of work to do. Hopefully can beat Moe and get a lot better before they play Cathedral. Any updates on a Replacement Opponent for the Virginia team game being cancelled?

I think Moeller is better, but they are definitely still not back yet. They got blown out bad by a very, very good Trinity team. 37-0 at halftime. Elder should rebound and beat Moe I'm thinking by 3-4 touchdowns.