Marion Local vs Versailles

Stirred not Shaken

Both teams undefeated, Flyers have struggled offensively in the 1st half of both of their victories, defense has played very well. Flyer ball 27 - Tiger ball 7.

Both teams undefeated, Flyers have struggled offensively in the 1st half of both of their victories, defense has played very well. Flyer ball 27 - Tiger ball 7.
Both teams rushing attack will be stopped, forcing offenses to pass. This will not work either leading to a repeat of 1984......Tigers 2.....ML 0.

Both teams rushing attack will be stopped, forcing offenses to pass. This will not work either leading to a repeat of 1984......Tigers 2.....ML 0.
Flyers have two of the best receivers in the MAC in Otte and Huelsman, I think ML would like Versailles to load the box.

Flyers have two of the best receivers in the MAC in Otte and Huelsman, I think ML would like Versailles to load the box.
Sounds like the Tigers secondary have their work cut out for them this Friday. I'm excited to see how the Tigers development is coming along.

MSML defense is for real, they are as well coached D I have seen at this level in a while, and that’s through two weeks. Where they end up could be top notch. To beat them the Tigers are going to need to test their secondary early, their linebackers move so well that a short passing game won‘t work. I think the Flyers win this one fairly comfortably.

Versailles will prevailles
Tigerball 28
Flyer(ball?) 17

200.gif

21-14 Locals.

ML has played two top tier MAC teams thus far. Only better test would be Coldwater from the looks of it (this early in the season). Versailles has played maybe the two worst teams in the MAC (pending the outcome of Parkway and Anna this weekend). If Versailles pulls this off, then I'll become a believer that Tigerball is back.

MSML defense is for real, they are as well coached D I have seen at this level in a while, and that’s through two weeks. Where they end up could be top notch. To beat them the Tigers are going to need to test their secondary early, their linebackers move so well that a short passing game won‘t work. I think the Flyers win this one fairly comfortably.
Scary thing is ML is honestly pretty young on defense this year and overall. Great things coming up for ML the next couple years.

Kirkland sits right next to Mentor and pulls from a highly populated area. That's hard to match. I would say if Versailles wins, they are on their way back to Tigerball. Marion Local is as tough a team as anyone will face in D5-6-7.

Kirkland sits right next to Mentor and pulls from a highly populated area. That's hard to match. I would say if Versailles wins, they are on their way back to Tigerball. Marion Local is as tough a team as anyone will face in D5-6-7.
K has a zero cb no., which means they're not getting kids from outside their school district.

Last edited:
K has a zero cb no., which means they're not getting kids from outside their school district.

Kirtland is becoming the anti-MAC powerhouse. Simply drawing talent and creating a hard-nosed, high-effort culture from the kids and families already in their K-12 building

Kirtland is becoming the anti-MAC powerhouse. Simply drawing talent and creating a hard-nosed, high-effort culture from the kids and families already in their K-12 building
A lot of people in general believe their is an " angle " involved why some small public schools are successful and most are not. Their is no angle other than good coaching and hark work, that is the angle and it is that simple.

A lot of people in general believe their is an " angle " involved why some small public schools are successful and most are not. Their is no angle other than good coaching and hark work, that is the angle and it is that simple.

I listened to an interview with Kirtland's coach Tiger Laverde (coolest coach name every by the way), and he talked about his early years as HC for Kirtland. His "angle" is simply recruiting his school's hallways. The dude will literally show up to 4th and 5th grade basketball games and talk to the kids about the games the next day for the purpose of making an impression on the young kids playing so that there's a better chance they will play for him in high school. Seems like a simple, thoughtless thing to do but he said "I guarantee if I tell a 5th grader, 'Hey, great game yesterday!' he will want to play for me in 4 years." He gets them early and gets them to buy into the culture then by their senior year they're studs

Noticed on MAC website ML has the no.1 rushing D in the MAC giving up 1.3 yds. per carry. Versailles meanwhile has no.1 rushing offense. If V - town can run the football it could be a game if not I expect the Flyers to win big.