Where is everyone?

EXPRESS

its so quiet this season, not a lot of discussion as in years past. Is everyone consumed with COVID discussions or is there just a lack of interest in soccer this year??

Totally agree! There are some very interesting games this week that could be future tourney games at the D2 and D3 levels.

D2:
Summit vs. Indian Hill
Monroe vs. Wyoming
Ross vs. Taylor

D3:
CCD vs. Mariemont on Saturday

I'm sure I've missed plenty of games, especially at the D1 level.

The GGCL is solid again this year. I have not heard much about the GMC but LW smacked Ursuline and Oak Hills has won two solid games out of the gate.

The GGCL is solid again this year. I have not heard much about the GMC but LW smacked Ursuline and Oak Hills has won two solid games out of the gate.
Agreed! GGCL Is wide open again. Good conference! Eager to see your MM team this year. Should be good as usual.

GMC I think it'll be West, Mason, Oak Hills, then battle for 4-7, with East, Hamilton, Sycamore, Fairfield.
ECC is going to be another good one! This conference is Lovelands to lose this year. Lebanon and Milford should be right up there as well. Eager to see how Anderson does with losing a ton of talented seniors last year.

Swoc - Ross since Little Miami left.

Little Miami in the ecc seems to be getting a taste of playing the big dogs now and no more swoc scheduling.

How does the GWOC in Dayton look?

Agreed! GGCL Is wide open again. Good conference! Eager to see your MM team this year. Should be good as usual.

GMC I think it'll be West, Mason, Oak Hills, then battle for 4-7, with East, Hamilton, Sycamore, Fairfield.
ECC is going to be another good one! This conference is Lovelands to lose this year. Lebanon and Milford should be right up there as well. Eager to see how Anderson does with losing a ton of talented seniors last year.

Little Miami in the ecc seems to be getting a taste of playing the big dogs now and no more swoc scheduling.

Little Miami is young this year Lots of talent has graduated in the last 2-3 years. They will probably be a middle of the road team this year.

Watched Ursula vs MMH, Ursula is very good which means Mason must be very good. MMH is not very good, they have players but playing a 1980's formation, very unorganized, with some new younger players is going to hurt them against solid teams. GGCL champions will be between Seton and Ursula for sure this year with the edge going to Ursula. Based on what I saw with Ursula I think Mason could give LW a game this year. Will be interesting to watch. As for Little Miami,this will be an eye opening experience for them across the board in all sports as the SWOC is very weak other than football.

Unless MND picked up a bunch of players from last year I don't think they will be at a level of ursula and seton, knowing several of the players and coaches at all three schools. MND will be better than MMH and will give ursula and seton a challenge but I think these two teams have a lot of talent and coaches knowing how to use it. As i see it right now MMH and Ursuline will be battle for the bottom, MND in the middle and Seton and Ursula battling for the top spot.

Unless MND picked up a bunch of players from last year I don't think they will be at a level of ursula and seton, knowing several of the players and coaches at all three schools. MND will be better than MMH and will give ursula and seton a challenge but I think these two teams have a lot of talent and coaches knowing how to use it. As i see it right now MMH and Ursuline will be battle for the bottom, MND in the middle and Seton and Ursula battling for the top spot.
MND only graduated 1 SR starter last year, (3 fresh and 3 soph starters) they didn’t pick up any game changers, but are all a year more mature.

Struggling to follow your Logic. You say Seton will be the top of the GGCL yet they lost to MND whom you say is middle of the pack. You say Mason could give West a run based on how they beat Ursula yet MND beat Mason? Seems to me MND is on top looking down., and I can't tell what the heck you're looking at. Blinded Fan boi maybe?

MND has a very strong defense. They may have arguably the most underrated center back in the city. They are a really good team and will do well this year.

I think MND will drop a few. Their schedule is brutal. Mason, West, East, Anderson, Milford plus GGCL 2x. And that’s after Beavercreek and Centerville games were dropped because of COVID.

I think MND will drop a few. Their schedule is brutal. Mason, West, East, Anderson, Milford plus GGCL 2x. And that’s after Beavercreek and Centerville games were dropped because of COVID.
Thats a brutal schedule but that should definitely help them come playoff time.

Lets not make any prediction but only comment on others, lay it out for me empty cup and soccer toe....

Personally I don't know enough about these teams. My comment was merely a synopsis of yours. One that, while simply anecdotal just didn't make sense to me. I think SUA should be the best from everything I'm told. But this year has been crazy from a training standpoint since nobody could play any scrimmages or pre season tournaments and some teams were shut down temporarily.

For those of us whose kids have finished their high school careers....I find it incredibly short sighted for school AD's to limit attendance to only players families/relatives. With these games played in stadiums that were designed for football attendance....its hard to see why we hard core soccer fans are forbidden from attending this season. In most cases you can have 20 feet or more between everyone who wants to attend.

For those of us whose kids have finished their high school careers....I find it incredibly short sighted for school AD's to limit attendance to only players families/relatives. With these games played in stadiums that were designed for football attendance....its hard to see why we hard core soccer fans are forbidden from attending this season. In most cases you can have 20 feet or more between everyone who wants to attend.
It's not the AD's decision to do that. It's from above, state has limited it. AD just has to follow along. What else will they do? They can't override that decision.

Help out a bit, that'll get you in the games. Get a media pass and start streaming matches for schools.

Indian Hill last night was home parents only inside the stands. The visiting team parents, fans, and anyone else interested in watching were in chairs and standing outside on the hill or next to the fence. Very interesting...

It's not the AD's decision to do that. It's from above, state has limited it. AD just has to follow along. What else will they do? They can't override that decision.

Help out a bit, that'll get you in the games. Get a media pass and start streaming matches for schools.

That's not entirely the case. It's based on occupancy of the fixed seating. For soccer they have plenty of room available in most cases, and can ask for a waiver in others. It comes down to the AD wanting to make things better for their families. It's all absurd but that's the truth. I have been involved in multiple discussions with HD's about this and the AD is VERY much in charge for how everything plays out. It's way more difficult and limiting por football due to athletes, band and cheer parents but if the AD wants to open things up for soccer in most cases they could.

MND only graduated 1 SR starter last year, (3 fresh and 3 soph starters) they didn’t pick up any game changers, but are all a year more mature.

They didn't "pick up" any but added a talented incoming Freshman, May from CUP Gold, and a very talented Senior Center Back Kies from OE who did not do high school last year came back to play. Her combined with Fields the Sophomore OE center back from the 05's make a very talented back line, and both are used to playing their new formation. Ursula Has some great talent as well and I would think the two teams should fare well this year. I believe they play this upcoming week, should be a great match.

That's not entirely the case. It's based on occupancy of the fixed seating. For soccer they have plenty of room available in most cases, and can ask for a waiver in others. It comes down to the AD wanting to make things better for their families. It's all absurd but that's the truth. I have been involved in multiple discussions with HD's about this and the AD is VERY much in charge for how everything plays out. It's way more difficult and limiting por football due to athletes, band and cheer parents but if the AD wants to open things up for soccer in most cases they could.
What you said did not negate, so why "that's not entirely the case." The mandates were done from the state, not the ADs. So, while there may be "fixed seating capacity," the AD still has to go with what he/she is ordered to do.

SPECTATORS
By order of the Ohio Department of Health, only 15 percent of the stadium’s permanent seating capacity may be admitted into the game. Players, coaches, officials, cheerleaders, band members, game workers and media do not count toward that 15 percent capacity.

Straight from the OHSAA website. AD is not going to try to push the envelope here. Additionally, all districts are in contact with their attorneys and insurance companies. No way any AD will try to go above those decision makers.

What you said did not negate, so why "that's not entirely the case." The mandates were done from the state, not the ADs. So, while there may be "fixed seating capacity," the AD still has to go with what he/she is ordered to do.

Straight from the OHSAA website. AD is not going to try to push the envelope here. Additionally, all districts are in contact with their attorneys and insurance companies. No way any AD will try to go above those decision makers.

Some schools are limiting to 2 per athlete. for soccer. That is unnecessary based on roster size. Some schools are making the number greater for non football because the difference in team size allows difference in seating ability. must be managed and that's why they don;t want to do it, but the better AD's are or can. Mandates are based on capacity of the facility. Think about sycamore stadium, Milford, Monroe, East and West, Fairfield, Hamilton, etc..LOTS of room to work with.

GWOC:
Boro is just a shell of what it was in talent and has a new coach so there is nothing
happening there with the loss of Haverland there’s no D1 talent whatsoever.

Creek is down a lot from last year losing a feisty midfielder to Wright State and Benigno to UD. There’s no one upfront or at midfield that can replace those two but they do have an outstanding CB and Holding Mid that could be D1 bound. They also have a real keeper this year that will keep them in games and probably win the conference.

If Centerville has good players they could probably tie or beat Creek - we’ll see
what happens Monday - I predict Creek 1-0 in a close game. Centerville eked ou a 2-1 win over Miamisburg which isn’t impressive at all.

Fairmont looks to be better but still a 3rd tier program along with Northmont and Mburg.

Compared to the last 4 years this is as bad as
I’ve ever seen GWOC.

GWOC:
Boro is just a shell of what it was in talent and has a new coach so there is nothing

Creek is down a lot from last year losing a feisty midfielder to Wright State and Benigno to UD. There’s no one upfront or at midfield that can replace those two but they do have an outstanding CB and Holding Mid that could be D1 bound. They also have a real keeper this year that will keep them in games and probably win the conference.

If Centerville has good players they could probably tie or beat Creek - we’ll see
what happens Monday - I predict Creek 1-0 in a close game. Centerville eked ou a 2-1 win over Miamisburg which isn’t impressive at all.

Fairmont looks to be better but still a 3rd tier program along with Northmont and Mburg.

I’ve ever seen GWOC.

And again yet a meat grinder for Wayne playing lol
Atleast we play Springfield twice! LoLz

GWOC:

I’ve ever seen GWOC.
this is pretty spot on.

Boro does have a ton of injuries right now and are starting several freshman because of it, but they are a bit down this year.

Creek is overall pretty solid at every position. Not a ton of stand out players outside of the centerback and holding mid you mentioned, but no real weak points anywhere.

Centerville is interesting. They are starting some freshmen this year which never happens there, and they have some high end talent on paper but debatable if they are actually D1 talent or not.

Miamisburg's best player isn't playing again this year due to some issue with the coaching staff. That's a big hit to them. I think them and Fairmont are pretty level though.