Cross County Conference 2020 Season

id say a cutoff point for having a JV team is between 30-35 kids. anything less and it wouldn't be smart to have a JV team.

I don't think there is anyone in the CCC that could field a Freshman team. There may be some schools that will have enough Freshman to do so, but a lot of those Freshman will be key players on JV or even some on Varsity. Even my school, TVS..... we have a good Freshman class but I look for multiple Freshman to come in and start Varsity right away.. including at the QB position.
Gotcha, that makes sense. On a different topic, since this is the last CCC season, who were some notable CCC football players?

I'm thinking 2 off of my head.

AJ Oullette - Covington - NFL Practice Squads
Curtis Enis - Mississinawa Valley (Former Bradford Head Coach) - Chicago Bears

There hasn't been a lot of guys from the CCC that have went on to play at the next level. A couple notable players that left a memory with me over the last 20 years are...
Gus Schieterman - Bethel (2013 grad) - Defensive Lineman that played at Bowling Green
Gene Studebaker - Covington (2007 grad) - Tallied up 7,197 all-purpose yards in his career and 88 TDs. Never came off the field for Covington and played QB/RB on offense.
James Canan - Bradford (2013 grad) - RB that ran for 2,438 yards and 31 TD's his Senior year. A year that Bradford actually made the playoffs.
Thats pretty cool. I though there were more college /professional players

Gotcha, that makes sense. On a different topic, since this is the last CCC season, who were some notable CCC football players?

I'm thinking 2 off of my head.

AJ Oullette - Covington - NFL Practice Squads
Curtis Enis - Mississinawa Valley (Former Bradford Head Coach) - Chicago Bears
Tyler Cates- Arcanum- Trojan Hall of Famer- Covington head football coach

I know I asked this already this week, but where do we stand on live streaming games in the CCC? The OHSAA set the foundation for this 3 weeks ago but I feel like you haven't heard any schools preparing for the potential of fans not being in attendance. It would be nice if we could post the links on this thread to watch teams play if they do in fact have live stream games.

Going back a ways, Steve Pytel, Bethel, NFL. not sure of the team. Ended up Head coach at Bethel.
Covington has the twins that went on to the NFL back in the early 80s.

I see that the Arcanum @ Tri Village game will now be played Saturday night August 29th. It says it got moved to Saturday due to circumstances...

I wonder how many games we'll see possibly moved to Thursday or Saturday this fall? Like if that becomes more common than your typical season.

I am not sure, but I wouldn't mind it if there is a way to stream the games and we can watch more of them. I know it was said that Covington vs. Fort Loramie is a Thursday Night Lights game this week, so I'm hoping we can watch that... I know there's typically a Thursday Night Lights football schedule but I can't find it..

I haven't been able to either. I'll let you know if I come across it.

Are schools allowing parents to spectate scrimmages? I would actually be a little uncomfortable not being there, in case of injury. Not to mention you simply want to watch your child play.

How did the CCC teams look in their scrimmages last night?

TVS struggled with Madison but it was competitive. It was only 14-0 Madison at halftime. With Madison scoring a couple late TD's when back-ups were in to win the overall scrimmage 35-0. It was still closer than it had been in years past, and I don't know if TVS is a little better than I thought, or if Madison is not as good as usual. Maybe a little bit of both. Overall Madison dominated the line of scrimmage as I'd guess they ran the ball for over 300 yards and I'm pretty sure they held TVS to negative yards in the first half. TVS did not get a 1st down until the 2nd half. TVS rotated a Freshman and Junior at QB and honestly the Freshman looked better. It'll be interesting to see how it goes but I'd guess a similar outcome with the week 1 match-up of Miami East.
East is not as good this year, supposedly. Saw the preview on them and they looked good to me. Madison had good coaching so they will be a load.

East would get smacked by Madison. Just saying. East gives Milton a tough game in the first game of the season but comparing the two at the mid point, Madison and Milton were both much better.

Could be but they, over the last 5-6 years have been very tough.
Milton has been up and down since 2010. The 2012 season being the last exceptional team.
East has closed the gap recently with MU but I’ve seen both play and Madison is just bigger, stronger and faster than East. MU always improves each week. Would be a great game.

How did the CCC teams look in their scrimmages last night?

TVS struggled with Madison but it was competitive. It was only 14-0 Madison at halftime. With Madison scoring a couple late TD's when back-ups were in to win the overall scrimmage 35-0. It was still closer than it had been in years past, and I don't know if TVS is a little better than I thought, or if Madison is not as good as usual. Maybe a little bit of both. Overall Madison dominated the line of scrimmage as I'd guess they ran the ball for over 300 yards and I'm pretty sure they held TVS to negative yards in the first half. TVS did not get a 1st down until the 2nd half. TVS rotated a Freshman and Junior at QB and honestly the Freshman looked better. It'll be interesting to see how it goes but I'd guess a similar outcome with the week 1 match-up of Miami East.
Our scrimmage was youtube lived with spencerville and we did not look good. Like at all. Looks like FL has alot of work to do yet this season

I guess I shouldnt say that, it looked like they won 28-0 in the end in about 1.5 quarters of playing the "game-like" portion of the scrimmage, but could've played better IMO

I'm sure Fort Loramie will be fine. They will have time to get things rolling when they steam roll the CCC teams. Spencerville was a tough first scrimmage.

Actually if Fort Loramie was the red/black team in the scrimmage (I'm assuming). I thought they looked pretty good. I just skimmed through it.
Spencervilles colors are red and black.

My predictions for this week...

TVS at Miami East - Miami East by at least 3 TD's
Arcanum at Tri Village - Game of the week for the CCC. I'm going with Tri Village by 7 in a close one.
Bethel vs. Covington - Covington by 30+
Ansonia at Bradford - Ansonia by 40+
TCN vs. Fort Loramie - FL by 40+
Miss Valley vs. National Trail - National Trail by at least 3 TD's

I'm with you on every one of these picks. Last year, the Tri-Village game pretty much ruined what was a great year for Arcanum. I imagine the Trojans want revenge, but I think Tri-Village will be improved.

TVS at Miami East
Arcanum at Tri Village (Saturday night)
Bethel vs. Covington (not sure who is hosting this one)
Ansonia at Bradford
TCN vs. Fort Loramie (not sure who is hosting)
Miss Valley vs. National Trail (not sure who is hosting)

Any idea on if these games will be streamed online?