Can Faithful Catholics Vote for Biden/Harris?

my2sense

I'm not Catholic so I'm asking - can a sincere Catholic believer vote for the most pro-choice ticket ever? Biden can't be served communion for his decades long pro-abortion support and Harris mocked Kavanaugh's faith and assailed the Knights of Columbus.

Can a sincere, practicing Catholic vote for them in good conscience?

I'm not Catholic so I'm asking - can a sincere Catholic believer vote for the most pro-choice ticket ever? Biden can't be served communion for his decades long pro-abortion support and Harris mocked Kavanaugh's faith and assailed the Knights of Columbus.

Can a sincere, practicing Catholic vote for them in good conscience?
They can.

They should not however.

Yes, they absolutely can vote for him. It’s a really similar situation to the evangelical Christians who vote for Trump. Everyone knows their not good Christians but you vote for them anyways.

Tough to vote for someone who endorses abortion.
True but Trump supported a woman's right to chose till he ran for President. Plus Trump is a scum bag remember grab her by the pu^^y. I know our local Priest who is no liberal talks about Trump like he was the devil himself. Do the honorable thing and don't vote for either.

True but Trump supported a woman's right to chose till he ran for President. Plus Trump is a scum bag remember grab her by the pu^^y. I know our local Priest who is no liberal talks about Trump like he was the devil himself. Do the honorable thing and don't vote for either.
Let's be honest here, unfortunately we are choosing the lesser of two evils this November.
I will vote, i would be a hypocrite if I didnt.

And as I’ve pointed out many times before, I don’t know both parties don’t see that amnesty actually would have the opposite effect on their voter base. Look at the number of illegal immigrants from Mexico who are Catholic. They take their faith incredibly seriously, so they aren’t going to be fully on board with abortion. I’m not sure if that would be the deciding factor in an election like this, but maybe a few elections down the line, it could be a real issue.

Catholic voters swung to Trump in 2016 by a seven point margin. They had gone for Obama in both 2008 and 2012. I’m guessing that Trump won’t repeat that performance against a practicing Catholic. The abortion issue is a problem for Joe. It’ll be interesting to see how the church handles it down the stretch. If you’ve followed the church at all it’s clear they’d love nothing more than to get rid of Trump. Several sermons from Pope Francis may as well have “ this is about you Donald” as a title.

Catholic voters swung to Trump in 2016 by a seven point margin. They had gone for Obama in both 2008 and 2012. I’m guessing that Trump won’t repeat that performance against a practicing Catholic. The abortion issue is a problem for Joe. It’ll be interesting to see how the church handles it down the stretch. If you’ve followed the church at all it’s clear they’d love nothing more than to get rid of Trump. Several sermons from Pope Francis may as well have “ this is about you Donald” as a title.
He's not very good if he has been practicing for 78 years and still can't get it right.

Each person can vote for whomever they feel is the best candidate for the country. When I analyze it that way, murder of the innocent aside, there is only one clear choice for my vote. It's not the kind of person I wish were running, but it's better than killing innocent human life in the name of personal choice.

I see Catholics as conservative in general , and therefore think they will vote plus 20% for Trump.

He's not very good if he has been practicing for 78 years and still can't get it right.

Each person can vote for whomever they feel is the best candidate for the country. When I analyze it that way, murder of the innocent aside, there is only one clear choice for my vote. It's not the kind of person I wish were running, but it's better than killing innocent human life in the name of personal choice.

I see Catholics as conservative in general , and therefore think they will vote plus 20% for Trump.

The last time Catholics voted +20 for any candidate in a presidential election was 1960 and the candidate was proudly catholic JFK. Donald Trump isn’t going to reverse that trend. He’s more likely to lose Catholic voters than gain any.

You can vote for Biden if you don't mind paying for women to kill their baby as it is in the process of plopping into the doctor's hands or can be murdered when they accidentally survive a botched abortion. They will also shake down nuns and priests to make sure they participate in this orgy of death, making them and their organizations pay for abortions.

I guess that some "Catholics" will have no problem with that.

Last edited:
You can vote for Biden if you don't mind paying for women to kill their baby as it is in the process of plopping into the doctor's hands or can be murdered when they accidentally survive a botched abortion. They will also shake down nuns and priests to make sure they participate in this orgy of death, making them and their organizations to pay for abortions.

I guess that some "Catholics" will have no problem with that.
There are plenty of liberal Catholics. Partly because 50 years ago most were Dems.

Probably matters to some people. ??‍♂️
lol, well unless we know for sure, I'm not sure what difference it makes. My guess is that people who are against abortion, are going to take their chances with Trump, who has come out against it, in stronger words than any R since Reagan, rather than Joe. Keep in mind too that there are plenty of women who have had abortions, who are now adamantly against abortion.

lol, well unless we know for sure, I'm not sure what difference it makes. My guess is that people who are against abortion, are going to take their chances with Trump, who has come out against it, in stronger words than any R since Reagan, rather than Joe.
I’d say it’s more of a spectrum than a one issue vote. It’s pretty clear he’s a more miserable human being than Biden. It was a toss up with Clinton. That will factor with a lot of people.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
I’d say it’s more of a spectrum than a one issue vote. It’s pretty clear he’s a more miserable human being than Biden. It was a toss up with Clinton. That will factor with a lot of people.
For sure, most voters are not single issue voters. But the abortion issue I think tips the balance for many. We realize that there are no perfect people, and politicians often times are far worse than the average person. But we can only vote for the people who decide to run.