Michigan HS Football to the Spring?

I see this idea causing a "suspension" of many fall sport's seasons to give athletes hope that a Spring season could happen. A lot would also depend on what NCAA Football does. Very high possibility that many D1 commits would graduate early or hold out for Fall, but of course, we don't know what this Spring will look like.

I do think Ohio really needs to consider this as an option. We are going to see a lot of action in regards to the Fall occurring next week...I genuinely feel people are taking a mental vacation this week with the holiday coming.

I have always felt this was going to happen, in all levels of football. The colleges will not be able to afford to cancel the season and at this point it sure seems like spring will be the way to go. The NFL will realize it once training camps start and each team has 3-5 guys test positive after a week or so.

TN and NJ have already announced they won't start on time due to state policies under effect.

Football is the one sport among them all that I could see them working around to get them played.

Ivy League has already decided they're playing a 7 game league only schedule either this fall or in the spring.

Just wait until November when Mr. Biden breezes to a landslide election victory. All will suddenly be right with the good ole U.S.A. Football and all sports with spectators will be back. COVID-19 will be a distant memory. Schools will be back to normal. No more masks, or social distancing. Rioting in the streets will be over..can hardly wait!!

Just wait until November when Mr. Biden breezes to a landslide election victory. All will suddenly be right with the good ole U.S.A. Football and all sports with spectators will be back. COVID-19 will be a distant memory. Schools will be back to normal. No more masks, or social distancing. Rioting in the streets will be over..can hardly wait!!

How about talking hs football?

That is if Biden can find his way out of the basement!

Why will it be safe to have football next spring but not now?

The assumption? presumption? is that by spring the spread will not be as bad and maybe MAYBE there will be a vaccine. If nothing else it is a mechanism by political leaders to not have people freak out if they have to go 18 months without football. Essentially kicking the can down the road if you will.

Which the current trend. Just keep pushing it back. Outright canceling it just doesn't sit well this early. So just keep reaching a deadline and move it a little further into the future.

It is an interesting idea. Had it been proposed by ANYONE else might have had a better reception. She's not exactly had a great couple months.