Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Springfield Blue Devils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sylvania Northview Wildcats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sylvania Southview Cougars

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
I can tell you with absolute certainty that it was the SBC that approached BG. Because of travel time, costs, and the anticipated loss at the gate BG is not interested at this time.
Also, if one is going to be pummeled, better from your neighborhood (i.e. Perrysburg) than, let's say cough, ahem!, in Norwalk.

I saw that game. Norwalk had some athletes BG just did not have. But don't get too cocky. A couple of years ago I watched Norwalk struggle to beat a mediocre Margaretta team. BG beat Perrysburg that year.
Not only athletes, but Truckers were clearly the more physical team.

To your last point, I agree. In hindsight, that 2017 Norwalk squad underachieved. Much the reason a coaching change transpired.

League records so far. Thoughts on how the league will finish?

Perrysburg 2-0
Napoleon 2-0
Bowling Green 2-0
Anthony Wayne 1-1
Southview 1-1
Northview 0-2
Springfield 0-2
Maumee 0-2

For champ, seems pretty clear a two team league and that game's been played. Would have liked a fifth quarter though. ;) It's been the ONLY reasonably close game.
P, AW, BG, N, SF, SV, NV, M

Probably not smart to sleep on Napoleon, week 4 at home vs Perrysburg will be for the league title and theyll be tough to beat. Might not have the AW-Napoleon game this year.

Also it wouldn't shock me if BG hangs around vs AW this week

IB, I think our lottery ticket selling biz is going to take a hit.
;)Nice game from BG. That QB is tough. Fun watching schools put their best and toughest kid at QB and allow him to do his thing.

Regardless, BG caught AW by the toe after a big game for AW last week. PBurg's league this season. From here on out and for the foreseeable future it will be Jackets and Generals winning the league.

BG has their best athlete at QB, he’s not Garcia or Dohanos but he’s close. Should be a tough out in D3. Napoleon in D4 will be tough too, they’re big and have the rb’s to pound away at you.

Perrysburg might be the best in the league this year and I agree it will take a special group from any other school to beat the Jackets or Generals most years because of the depth those schools have but it’s not impossible.

I “thought” I read that Elmwood has asked to join the BVC. Is that true? Does that open up a spot in the NBC? Will maumee apply?

The NBC in the past has said that maumee is “too big. Would they stay at the odd number of 7? Who would they take instead of maumee?

I “thought” I read that Elmwood has asked to join the BVC. Is that true? Does that open up a spot in the NBC? Will maumee apply?

The NBC in the past has said that maumee is “too big. Would they stay at the odd number of 7? Who would they take instead of maumee?
We'll know soon about Elmwood. On the agenda for tomorrow night's board meeting.

Woodmore is next. They (and Northwood) are heading to the SBC River. Not officially, but both schools and that conference are on board. Just a formality now.

Smoke is NBC looking big/small set up but not sure who that includes. Oak Harbor? Maumee? Clay? Ross? Can’t see OH making the move when it comes down to it. SBC is better by a mile for many reasons. Football is better for OH and wrestling and team tourneys are better.

Napoleon to NWOAL
Maumee to the NBC
Clay to the NLL
Findlay to the NLL

a message I got from a friend in the future....

Replacing 2 with 2 so would still be 8 unless I didn’t count one of my toes.

Perrysburg
Anthony Wayne
Clay
Findlay
BG
SV
NV
Springfield

Replacing 2 with 2 so would still be 8 unless I didn’t count one of my toes.

Perrysburg
Anthony Wayne
Clay
Findlay
BG
SV
NV
Springfield

Gotcha. I missed Napoleon in your original post.

You think the NWOAL would want Napoleon? Bryan and Wauseon are already significantly bigger than the other 6. Napoleon is more than double PH enrollment and almost double Delta/Liberty Center/Archbold.

Gotcha. I missed Napoleon in your original post.

You think the NWOAL would want Napoleon? Bryan and Wauseon are already significantly bigger than the other 6. Napoleon is more than double PH enrollment and almost double Delta/Liberty Center/Archbold.
They’d love to have Napoleon. Great gates and good teams. Delta won’t stay in the NWOAL ....... those littler schools are always competitive and Napoleon size wouldn’t be a problem. My .02

Bowling Green - 361
Maumee - 285
Napoleon - 248

Rossford - 218
Fostoria - 207
Eastwood - 189
Otsego - 187
Lake - 185
Genoa - 185

Bowling Green won't go to the NBC.

ok. I don’t disagree. However if the NBC loses two teams, they won’t who else would they take? Do you feel they would in fact take maumee?

ok. I don’t disagree. However if the NBC loses two teams, they won’t who else would they take? Do you feel they would in fact take maumee?

The NBC could function with 6 team league. They are not obligated to take anyone, in fact, just about every school in the NBC does not want Maumee or BG.

The NBC could crossover with another smaller league for 2 games. I don’t see Maumee and definately not BG going to the NBC.

It would like to see Otsego apply to the NWOAL shall the NBC fall apart. Would be a great fit geographically with the exception of Bryan. Maybe they would want into the NBC??

This would be a good league for the “small town” schools.

BG
Maumee
Napoleon
Bryan
Rossford
Fostoria
Wauseon
Defiance

Last edited:
They’d love to have Napoleon. Great gates and good teams. Delta won’t stay in the NWOAL ....... those littler schools are always competitive and Napoleon size wouldn’t be a problem. My .02

NWOAL spent 30 years forcing Napoleon out. They couldn't hang with Defiance or Napoleon, so they voted one out and almost disbanded the league to get the other out.

I'd love to see us BOTH back in, and I guess it has been over 40 years. But IMO, too many hard feelings.

The NBC could function with 6 team league. They are not obligated to take anyone, in fact, just about every school in the NBC does not want Maumee or BG.

The NBC could crossover with another smaller league for 2 games. I don’t see Maumee and definately not BG going to the NBC.

It would be smart for Otsego, IMO, to apply to the NWOAL shall the NBC fall apart. Would be a great fit geographically with the exception of Bryan. Maybe they would want into the NBC??

BG
Maumee
Napoleon
Bryan
Rossford
Fostoria
Wauseon
Defiance

I'm down. I've already talked about how the Defiance, Napoleon, Bryan, Wauseon foursome need to be together. Maumee and BG in my scenario are a likely next 2. I could see Rossford and Fostoria as the other 2. I thought OG, but I doubt they'd leave the WBL. Liberty-Benton is too small and would have to have a step up in competition.

Going further, you could see the TRAC and NLL merge, leaving out Lima. Whitmer, the privates, Findlay, and Perrysburg in a division. Clay, Southview, Northview, Fremont, Springfield, and AW in the other. Lima Senior to the WBL replacing Defiance. And then with each at 6, the NBC and NWOAL could have a scheduling alliance weeks 4 and 5.

2nd edit: if Woodmore and Elmwood leave the NBC leaving it at 4, you could just merge the leagues. Probably under the NWOAL banner since it's so old snd historic, but hey, the NOL isn't around anymore. NWBL has a nice ring to it.

Last edited:
NWOAL is a great conference. Adding Napoleon back in makes sense geographically for every school and economically it makes sense for every school...... BUT Maumee leaving the NLL will be the first domino to fall in my opinion. They lost to Northwood ....... in basketball last year...... that was the kiss of death.
Sooner than later I believe

NWOAL spent 30 years forcing Napoleon out. They couldn't hang with Defiance or Napoleon, so they voted one out and almost disbanded the league to get the other out.

I'd love to see us BOTH back in, and I guess it has been over 40 years. But IMO, too many hard feelings.
30 years? Glaciers move faster.

It would like to see Otsego apply to the NWOAL shall the NBC fall apart. Would be a great fit geographically with the exception of Bryan. Maybe they would want into the NBC??

BG
Maumee
Napoleon
Bryan
Rossford
Fostoria
Wauseon
Defiance
Obviously the nbc is not “obligated” to take anyone. A friend of mine who is an AD said that scheduling is always a pain in the . If the nbc wants to do crossover games and play game 4 at Scott on a Saturday afternoon, have at it.

I also would encourage you over the last 5 years to look at Maumee’s head to head match ups with NBC schools and tell me why maumee wouldn’t be a good “fit”