Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

Nah. New Bremen should be the favorite to win the MAC. They won't disappoint like FR did last year.
Dont think he did as of yet, unfortunately. I know teams are already signing their UDFA's.

In the local paper he said he didnt expect to get drafted but hoped to catch on as an UDFA.

The oddest has to be Coldwater's. I'd love to know how that came to be.
SOURCE: Coldwater, Ohio At 150 (A history book from 1988)

"Soon after the implementation of a 1937 study on Mercer County school district reorganization, Butler Township, Dahlinghaus Special, and parts of Franzer-Uppenkamp and Oakland districts became parts of the Coldwater district. In 1946, Part of Burntwood district became part of Coldwater district, with the larger remainder going to Celina. In 1950, Part of Washington Township District joined Coldwater, and in 1958, Philothea Local became part of Coldwater. In 1958, also, a corridor of land to the west was transferred out of the newly formed Southwest Local School District to Coldwater which enabled St. Anthony (Combined in 1937 with Loughridge) to join Coldwater in that same year."

Lots of school districts that I've never heard of. A few I'm assuming are groups of 1 room schoolhouses. But that in a nutshell says how the Coldwater district, as weirdly shaped as it is, came to be.

Oh and for those outside the area, Southwest local is Fort Recovery.

"Soon after the implementation of a 1937 study on Mercer County school district reorganization, Butler Township, Dahlinghaus Special, and parts of Franzer-Uppenkamp and Oakland districts became parts of the Coldwater district. In 1946, Part of Burntwood district became part of Coldwater district, with the larger remainder going to Celina. In 1950, Part of Washington Township District joined Coldwater, and in 1958, Philothea Local became part of Coldwater. In 1958, also, a corridor of land to the west was transferred out of the newly formed Southwest Local School District to Coldwater which enabled St. Anthony (Combined in 1937 with Loughridge) to join Coldwater in that same year."

Lots of school districts that I've never heard of. A few I'm assuming are groups of 1 room schoolhouses. But that in a nutshell says how the Coldwater district, as weirdly shaped as it is, came to be.

Oh and for those outside the area, Southwest local is Fort Recovery.
Great find. Good work!

Very interesting. I was aware of a number of those things, the school to combine with St Anthony, Southwest Local As a kid I had to watch for Southwest Local for the delays as my dad taught there!

In terms of the one room school houses. I grew up by two of them. Looked similar, but a bit smaller, than the ones on Little House on the Prairie. One burnt in the 90's, early 2000's I think as many farmers were using them for storage.

Go back further for the Buzzard's Glory years!

Coldwater peeps be on the lookout for a piece in The Daily Standard about the late Coach John Reed.

7 May is 10 years of his passing and they will be running a story on his legacy.

Whenever I need some inspiration I take a trip to the football field and pay a visit to the his memorial rock.

A fantastic coach, and an even better person and role model.

Solid story if his passing: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ll-coach-dies/4ODkT3qi5AQucBQCpDfuLP/amp.html

Last edited:
1991. It coincided with Fort Recovery's Bicentennial celebration.

Is that right ? Ft. Recovery celebrated the 200th anniversary of St. Clair's defeat, (eight hundred and thirty some dead), and considers that their founding ? I would have thought that Wayne's troops reoccupation of same site and building of the fort in 1794 as the start of the town.

Coach Reed article drops today in The Daily Standard. Unfortunately cannot view online unless you purchase. Of anyone finds a way to post it I will owe you one.

Last edited:

I especially like the part about how he acted during the weeks when they played great teams, and not so great. The same things have been said about Nick Saban.

Last edited:

I especially like the part about how he acted during the weeks when they played great teams, and not so great. The same things have been said about Nick Saban.
One of the greatest ever in Ohio both on and off the field. Won wherever he coached because of everything stated in the article.

One of the greatest ever in Ohio both on and off the field. Won wherever he coached because of everything stated in the article.
He did not win where ever he coached. He had great success at Parkway and Coldwater, not so much at his other stops.

Tremendous success in Parkway and then turned around an absolute dumpster fire in Coldwater.

As anyone who was coached by him will tell you, it was always about more than just football.

One thing I will always take away from Coach was how cooperative he was with other sports, specifically baseball.
He would encourage the baseball players to play on their ACME tournament baseball game and skip the 7 on 7. There was a time they went into a 7 on 7 with their 3rd strong QB, and their top 3 WR missing due playing baseball.

Tournament game fall on a lifting day? No problem, the starting pitcher at lifting that morning was to just be a spotter so he was strong for the game.

Not many programs can say they had that sort of cooperation, I can tell you that for fact.

Last edited:
Marion Local still looking for week 2 opponent. From looking at OHSAA's open dates these 4 schools are probably the only realistic opponents in Ohio : Clinton Massie, London, or Kenton Ridge and maybe Colonel Crawford. Don't know anything about teams outside of Ohio.

Marion Local still looking for week 2 opponent. From looking at OHSAA's open dates these 4 schools are probably the only realistic opponents in Ohio : Clinton Massie, London, or Kenton Ridge and maybe Colonel Crawford. Don't know anything about teams outside of Ohio.
all those teams have games i believe

According to Eaglefan's open dates thread, there are these teams open week 2:

Cleveland Collinwood: currently on probation and wouldn't count for points so no!

Cleveland Lincoln West: another city team

Cleveland VASJ: medium sized catholic school. Could be an option in a pinch

Hamilton New Miami: better than playing no one at all

Perry: public school in the northeast. Decent program

Upper Arlington: D1 school and as funny as it sounds, maybe the best option for a game.

According to Eaglefan's open dates thread, there are these teams open week 2:

Cleveland Collinwood: currently on probation and wouldn't count for points so no!

Cleveland Lincoln West: another city team

Cleveland VASJ: medium sized catholic school. Could be an option in a pinch

Hamilton New Miami: better than playing no one at all

Perry: public school in the northeast. Decent program

Upper Arlington: D1 school and as funny as it sounds, maybe the best option for a game.
Perry and VASJ though both far would be great games for ML. Perry has one of, if not the best RBs in the state who is highly rated Nationally and committed to WVU. VASJ is well coached with a ton of athletes that should win a lot of games this year. Both would provide great points if ML were to win. I can't really see a D1 school wanting to play a DVII. Regardless how good the DVII is there isn't really much benefit in it for the D1.

Yes , your playing a D1 school, but one of the worst D1 programs in the state. I believe they are in a 16 game losing streak. I'm a MAC fan, in a tough league you may need the points come playoff time. You could have done better.