No High School Football 2020

Cunningham playing loose with the facts or in many cases, just flat out wrong? I would have never imagined.

The payments are tied to Medicare reimbursements for hospital admissions for similar conditions. Right now, the average reimbursement for respiratory inflammations or infections with major multiple disorders alongside a primary disorder and/or complications is around $13k. Severe respiratory issues that require ventilation for more than 96hrs (may be a bit off on that) average near $40k.

And this opens the door for potential unnecessary ventilation. .... sorry, but that cannot be discounted. Add to this studies starting to show that ventilation may exacerbate the problem.... and you have the recipe for a parade of lawsuits after the fact.

Last edited:
I am a medical risk manager for a company that administers employer health plans. One out of every ten of you under-65 mugs is covered, at least indirectly, by my company - and to say I've been busy is an understatement. If ANY of you feel that everything will be back to normal July 1st, you've been spending too much time at the marijuana dispensary.

If the politicians can be kept out of it and a balanced, realistic approach is taken, there are going to be three significant "return" milestones (who calls them and when is up in the air), with the next steps taken after measuring the results of the previous actions:

- reopening non-essential workplaces, save for retail/restaurants. Workplaces are generally fairly easily managed in terms of sanitation (employers will bear some liability if they don't take reasonable precautions, and if you actively disregard prevention measures, you're fired). Churches would be wise not to resume services, but I don't think this is politically possible. My guess - May 11

-reopening of closed retail outlets, restaurants and religious services. This is going to be the dangerous one. My guess - mid-June. We would be beyond idiotic to restore large recreational gatherings (sporting events, conventions, concerts) at this time - these are the equal of pouring gasoline on a dying campfire in terms of transmission.

-If these do not trigger a significant spike in respiratory illnesses (whether they are diagnosed as "U07.1" or not), we can likely be able to open the schools on schedule this fall with stringent sanitation measures in place. This has to be the medium term focus. If disease rates remain stable, OSHAA might be safe in letting normal HS winter sports resume in November.

In a very-best case scenario with effective treatments established by mid-summer (there will not be a proven vaccine available unless you believe the snake oil salesmen and the politicians taking campaign donations from them), we might we able get a shortened fall sports season - conditioning to start with the onset of classes, and for football, play a regular ten-game season with no playoffs

Your thoughts?

Hopefully, DeWine finallly gets some sense and turns over the reopening of the state to the business owners and keeps the government (bureaucracy) out of it. Each business has their own separate issues to be solved in order for them to be able to open safely.

Placing a one-size fits all mandate on the opening will hinder said opening. He needs to listen to his business task force and then get the hell out of the way. Nobody who has never had to make payroll for a living should make those decisions.

all I was saying is that the parents of the grade school kids are clamoring for an extended school year. Then I told you why.
DeWine announced the school closure Thursday afternoon March 12. After two days of meetings and development our teachers had on-line lessons up and running Tuesday March 17. I have some understanding of the limitations of online learning.

My point is, teachers in our district have not missed a day of work. If the school year is extended they will not work for free.

Where's that money coming from?

DeWine announced the school closure Thursday afternoon March 12. After two days of meetings and development our teachers had on-line lessons up and running Tuesday March 17. I have some understanding of the limitations of online learning.

My point is, teachers in our district have not missed a day of work. If the school year is extended they will not work for free.

They wont extend the school year.

Their will be football this fall, C - 19 or no C - 19. Median age for mortality rate in Ohio 79, Hospitalization rate is 65. As of now, no one under 30 in Ohio has died from C - 19. Their are the facts than their is the media hysteria and govt. overreach.

I tried to get national demographic stats on fatalities. I googled for about 15 minutes than finally gave up. Dr. Goebbels and Dr. Hemmler have done an outstanding job controlling the information and propaganda flow.

BTW I heard there are more 100 year olds that have died from Corona than people under 30. It would be great to verify. Maybe someone with better search engine skills can track that down.

During an interview on a Cincinnati radio station this morning DeWine said that he cannot imagine any baseball or football being played before a vaccine is developed. Also said no street festivals, concerts or large gatherings would not happen until then as well..... Even if it takes 18 months.

Last edited:
Hopefully, DeWine finallly gets some sense and turns over the reopening of the state to the business owners and keeps the government (bureaucracy) out of it. Each business has their own separate issues to be solved in order for them to be able to open safely.

Placing a one-size fits all mandate on the opening will hinder said opening. He needs to listen to his business task force and then get the hell out of the way. Nobody who has never had to make payroll for a living should make those decisions.

Amen

During an interview on a Cincinnati radio station this morning DeWine said that he cannot imagine any baseball or football being played before a vaccine is developed. Also said no street festivals, concerts or large gatherings would not happen until then as well..... Even if it takes 18 months.

That is a NON-STARTER.

I'm sorry, but economic forces, pressure from sports league commissioners/media companies, and perhaps most of all, the impatience of the general public won't allow this to be the case. I will be SHOCKED if we don't have football this fall (even if in a modified state), and if I were a betting man, we'll be back to fully normal by August at the latest.

We all need to prepare mentally - the odds of falls sports are slim in the very best scenario. Hell, I think returning to school in the fall is in doubt. I don't agree with this and will spare you all my strong thoughts, but it's a reality we going to have to face.

What station?
I did hear some clips on WLW but I hoped to find the complete interview for context.

We all need to prepare mentally - the odds of falls sports are slim in the very best scenario. Hell, I think returning to school in the fall is in doubt. I don't agree with this and will spare you all my strong thoughts, but it's a reality we going to have to face.
[/QUOTE]

Based on what DeWine has done so far why would any rational person think school and football will be back in fall. Only chance this happens is if governance and media decide they want to turn it back on. Then the non stop 24/7 corona bombardiment will be replaced with whatever they want us to focus on.

Maybe we can let those that want to shelter stay there as long as they want, forever, whatever doesn't matter. Then the rest of us that want to venture can.

In Pa, Teachers are required to to work 180 days and are salaried. And in PA, our Governor has closed schools (teaching in schools) for the rest of the school year. So nothing changes except online teaching vs. in the classroom teaching. So there will be no issue about working for free. Our school calendar did not change at all.

I'm sorry, but economic forces, pressure from sports league commissioners/media companies, and perhaps most of all, the impatience of the general public won't allow this to be the case. I will be SHOCKED if we don't have football this fall (even if in a modified state), and if I were a betting man, we'll be back to fully normal by August at the latest.

Dewine is doing whatever Acton tells him. He's the original "follow the science" and "first to shut" governor. Then went on every national news program he could find to promote it. I think he wears that badge with pride. He's purposely put himself in this box. I don't think he can get out of it now even if he wants to, and I don't think he wants to. Anyone that even tries to open anything up is going to get killed by the same media that has been praising Dewine and Acton.

Dewine is doing whatever Acton tells him. He's the original "follow the science" and "first to shut" governor. Then went on every national news program he could find to promote it. I think he wears that badge with pride. He's purposely put himself in this box. I don't think he can get out of it now even if he wants to, and I don't think he wants to. Anyone that even tries to open anything up is going to get killed by the same media that has been praising Dewine and Acton.
True dat.
Dr. Doom and Supreme Leader DeWine are now the judge, jury and executioner in Ohio. No one else seems to get any input.

Insane. If we have to wait for a vaccine for an illness that over 95% experience with mild symptoms we will have much bigger problems than no HS sports. The country can simply not sustain this economically.

Protect those most vulnerable. Healthy people need to get back to work so the economy is moving again. We need to encounter this virus so we build antibodies ourselves.

Wait till a vaccine......do they have a vaccine for herpes, one for hep c, and then of course hiv. The next question is once you have it, do you still have it? They are working on an antibodies test using an oral swab.....just like the one they use for hiv. Antibodies show you have been exposed.....so does that mean it is gone? Since DeWine is being very cautious I do not see football this fall....especially since Michigan has 25,000 cases to Ohio's 7,500. The one thing to take note is the percentage of cases to the population.....Ohio population 11.7 million to 7,500 cases or .00064%. Italy's population 60.3 million to 165,155 cases or .0026%, Spain population 46.9 million to 177,633 cases or .0037%, along with Japan population 126.5 million to 8,100 cases or .000064%. Looking at those numbers......and others you will see an extremely low percentage of cases to population. When utilizing flu numbers.....they are spread out over the year. They do not hit at the same time. Also I am not saying this is like the flu...if you get this the death rate is way higher then if you had the flu. I do not see a vaccine, I see this flattening the curve so the healthcare system can manage it like the flu next year and after. I know all countries have taken drastic actions to control the spread but what I see is the mutation may have gotten stronger...just look at Japan's number of cases to Italy's numbers. My next question is what happens if we do not control the curve? Yes I realize people will die...they die with the flu....how much worse would it have been? The method that was chosen was to save every life at the expense of how we live and survive. Is a major recession or a depression for the people who will live a worse cure? I am just asking questions.....what is better?

In TSUN their is an online recall petition on Gov. Halfwit which has 120000 signatures maybe we could start one on the Fuhrer Dewine. Probably would not lead to anything except maybe a knock on the door from the Fuhrer's Gestapo. However maybe other politicians might take notice and think twice before taking similar police actions.

Yes , he is beginning to say publicly what I had relayed to me privately and a few on here said I made an idiotic statement.

Insane. If we have to wait for a vaccine for an illness that over 95% experience with mild symptoms we will have much bigger problems than no HS sports. The country can simply not sustain this economically.

Protect those most vulnerable. Healthy people need to get back to work so the economy is moving again. We need to encounter this virus so we build antibodies ourselves.
Too much common sense in this sort of thinking.
You mean you really want people who are vulnerable to do what they have always have, or should have been, doing and that is avoid certain situations when they are vulnerable?

Hell, that has happened for years.....

There's a hell of a lot of paychecks that depend on sports....and the families they support!

Absolutely. People just think of the players and coaches but it goes much deeper than that. Not just for sports, but for so many things like concerts, festivals, etc.

The support staff and those who benefit from gatherings such as this is YUUUUUGE.