Mitch Albom: Hey, President Trump: Her name is Gretchen Whitmer

Happygoluckky

First of all, she has a name. Gretchen Whitmer. She is not “the woman” or “all she does is sit there” or “you know who I’m talking about” — all phrases President Donald Trump has used besides saying the actual name of the person Michigan voters elected to govern us.

It’s “Gretchen Whitmer.” Show some respect. At a time when Americans must adjust to a world without hugs, kisses or handshakes, the least a president of the United States can do is call our governor by her name.

And stop complaining about her “complaining.” Gretchen Whitmer hasn’t done anything that every Michigander doesn’t want her to do — ask the federal government for masks, ventilators, test kits and other aid to fight the COVID-19 virus that is infecting and killing us.

She’s not speaking for herself. She’s speaking for the people.
Governor Whitmer provides an update on COVID-19 in Michigan during a press conference on March 26, 2020.

Governor Whitmer provides an update on COVID-19 in Michigan during a press conference on March 26, 2020. (Photo: Governor Whitmer's Office)

Trump’s response? Don’t call her back.

“I say, ‘Mike (Pence, the vice president) … don’t call the woman in Michigan,” Trump said during his news conference Friday. “You know what I say? If they don’t treat you right, don’t call.”

So let’s get this straight. The leader of our great country, when he feels that he hasn’t been treated “right,” doesn’t return the call of a governor begging for help to save the lives of her constituents?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trump’s response? Don’t call her back.

“I say, ‘Mike (Pence, the vice president) … don’t call the woman in Michigan,” Trump said during his news conference Friday. “You know what I say? If they don’t treat you right, don’t call.”

So let’s get this straight. The leader of our great country, when he feels that he hasn’t been treated “right,” doesn’t return the call of a governor begging for help to save the lives of her constituents?
Mitch Albom couldn't even get the basic facts right in this case. Trump said to Pence, don't call the Governors that aren't appreciative. He never said don't take their call.

Basically, don't reach out to people that don't want our help and only want to complain. When they are ready to act like adults, they will give us a call and we will help them like we always do.

Mitch Albom couldn't even get the basic facts right in this case. Trump said to Pence, don't call the Governors that aren't appreciative. He never said don't take their call.

Basically, don't reach out to people that don't want our help and only want to complain. When they are ready to act like adults, they will give us a call and we will help them like we always do.

This is rich...

"We have come to tolerate an infantile person in a grown man's job, a baby in a suit.

He is causing a tremendous amount of extra work and chaos for governors.

I think if you watched the whole exchange you would have heard the nest 3 or 4 minutes. He was asking for appreciation for the team behind him and their teams. We're not hearing the actual conversations with the feds. The talking heads give us their speculation. I don't believe that anyone in the administration or the professional team is snubbing any of the states. It's a matter of allocating supplies to where they are needed most while supporting the other states. This event is unprecedented and could not have been envisioned by anyone. Remember that health and human services are state responsibilities with the feds as support.

I think if you watched the whole exchange you would have heard the nest 3 or 4 minutes. He was asking for appreciation for the team behind him and their teams. We're not hearing the actual conversations with the feds. The talking heads give us their speculation. I don't believe that anyone in the administration or the professional team is snubbing any of the states. It's a matter of allocating supplies to where they are needed most while supporting the other states. This event is unprecedented and could not have been envisioned by anyone. Remember that health and human services are state responsibilities with the feds as support.
Who told you that? Rush or Hannity?

The quote above says “return her call”. You really support this kind of behavior?

It could not be more obvious.

But these hyenas live in a fantasy world that desperately and constantly has to be fueled just to maintain their confidence. They have become absurd.

I like how this is offered as an explanation as if it would somehow be even remotely sane or reasonable (nevermind that it's a dishonest portrayal of the situation, which is also the case, and bad enough on its own).

It's akshaully an exact portrayal of the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The federal government has been slow to act. They didn't take it seriously on the front end. And it's just a fact. It's not my opinion, it's what everyone has kind of concluded. Because they were calling it a hoax and not doing what needed to be done on the front end. And now we're struggling because of it as a country," Whitmer said.

When a ho lies on you like this, you pimp slap her down.

Well done, Mr. President.

Trump said in effect that he has saved over 1.5 million deaths by what he did last week " a few weeks after saying that we 'Had this under total control and contained and the numbers would be really low " yeah the great truth teller in chief. he wants to take credit for saving millions of lives after saying he wasn't concerned about it and it was under control . the funny thing is his flock actually nods along with such crap .

Trump said in effect that he has saved over 1.5 million deaths by what he did last week " a few weeks after saying that we 'Had this under total control and contained and the numbers would be really low " yeah the great truth teller in chief. he wants to take credit for saving millions of lives after saying he wasn't concerned about it and it was under control . the funny thing is his flock actually nods along with such crap .

Indeed. It’s almost as funny as watching you cry about it every single day lol.

I like how this is offered as an explanation as if it would somehow be even remotely sane or reasonable (nevermind that it's a dishonest portrayal of the situation, which is also the case, and bad enough on its own). Another prime example that Trump is unfit to hold any kind of office, especially during a crisis.
Just remember, most of the time, Trump is taking shots back at someone who took shots at him first. Cuomo is looking pretty bad these days with all the complaining about not having enough ventilators while having 1000s in storage. It has to be tiring to be the President dealing with these people who despise him so much. There are some people that have the patience to deal with these type of people. Pence is a good example. Trump is not someone good at dealing with these types.

Indeed. It’s almost as funny as watching you cry about it every single day lol.
Whose crying? Just living in reality . He's trying to sell now that if we keep it to 100,000 deaths it's a great victory because 'people were saying 2.2 million. I mean he thinks no one remembers what he does and says and what he didn't do for 6 weeks when he could have been somewhat prepared . I wasn't here in these spaces when Obama was Prez, I'm sure you just left him alone . When it is said and done , we will be near or at the bottom of country's dealing with this . Picking winners , playing favorites ,needing praise in order to give certain states what bthey need. it's a sheet show and the only reason he rejected testing in January and February was simple , he didn't want the stock market to tank and wanted no new numbers of affected people. great leadership .

Just remember, most of the time, Trump is taking shots back at someone who took shots at him first. Cuomo is looking pretty bad these days with all the complaining about not having enough ventilators while having 1000s in storage. It has to be tiring to be the President dealing with these people who despise him so much. There are some people that have the patience to deal with these type of people. Pence is a good example. Trump is not someone good at dealing with these types.

They took shots for good reason . Are you personally happy we did very little to no testing in January and February which has cost lives and will drag this on longer than it should have? Happy When the President didn't start taking this seriously until 10 days into MARCH , people and certainly conservatives didn't take it seriously as Fox news was calling it a political media hoax in MARCH . You OK wit this because Trump became a Republican a few years ago ? You can do better sir than , They started it " .